Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Thread Graveyard
Please, STOP supporting the "troops"
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 23:27
Estella
EH? LED ME TO WHAT? SUCKINESS? YOUR TATTOOS? AND GOSH, I'M NOT ON ANYTHING, YO - ONLY SEAFOOD SOUP! I HAVEN'T EVEN HAD A GLASS OF WINE, YO! ALTHOUGH I MIGHT INDULGE IN ONE NOW.
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 23:29
DecentralizedByGuilt
to get in the mood 4 some suxy fish soup on the knee?
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 23:38
Estella
2 ENJOY ANY 4THCOMING DRAMAZ, YO! U R, LIKE, MY SOLE SOURCE OF DRAMAZ NOW THAT DEAR ANON HAS GONE. WELL, YOU AND THAT 'RIOT' CHAP. MOVIE.MAN. YOU TWO SHOULD PAIR UP FOR FOR HARDCORE RENEGADINGZ, YO!

0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 23:57
DecentralizedByGuilt
He like picking on little gurly

me big man pick on everyone
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 20:39
DecentralizedByGuilt
"honestly, had I chose to voice my opinion all nice and polity, like I have numerous times, no one(few) would care. People are attracted to car crashes, they want to see blood, and I aim to please." -meh
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 20:45
Estella
YES, YO - I KNOW. I SAW IT BEFORE WHEN YOU SAID IT. BUT IT'S POSSIBLE TO SAY SOMETHING IN A CONTROVERSIAL WAY WITHOUT BEING AS OVER-THE-TOP SILLY AND RUDE AS YOU ARE, YO, AND WHICH WILL MAKE PEOPLE SERIOUSLY CONSIDER YOUR POINTS. LIKE, A BALANCE CAN BE MADE. IF ALL YOU ARE AIMING FOR IS DRAMA, THEN YOU'VE DONE WELL, YO - OF COURSE PEOPLE ARE ATTRACTED TO THIS SORT OF THING. BUT THEY ARE ATTRACTED IN A VERY STRONG 'I'M RIGHT - YOU'RE WRONG' KIND OF WAY. SO IF YOU WERE ACTUALLY AIMING TO INFLUENCE PEOPLE, I'D SAY THIS IS AN INEFFECTIVE APPROACH.
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 11:30
LuvinmyBoys
I am inclined to wonder if you (obviously delusional) sir think that your random online ramblings will do anything other that rile a bunch of people up and give you something to do with your bored, bored life.

I haven't read it all yet, but I will soon.
I have not seen you debate yet as you commented to someone else that they were not and rather they were blowing smoke. I see bitching, moaning, and whining so far but no debating.

*resumes reading*
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 15:08
Miss
*applause*
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 16:23
DecentralizedByGuilt
*bows*
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 16:25
Miss
lol as if i was applauding you. get a life
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 16:27
DecentralizedByGuilt
oh crap, when did I die?
0 likes [|reply]
DecentralizedByGuilt
only boring people get bored

Finnish reading

my debates are sound in logic (obviously)

my tactics are specifically designed to rile people up and get them talking.

I dont care if it's good or bad, all that matters to me, is to get people talking about important subjects, try actually doing that! (when done reading of course,lol)
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 20:35
BeautifulBrownEyes
If people are willing to look past the presentation of the argument and check out the links and information that Tommy supplies they might actually learn something. Sure he's an acquired taste, but ignore him, and investigate the argument. He's changed my mind about a lot of things. A couple years back you probably would have seen me arguing along side Ashley because my husband was also in Iraq. Now? I lean more in the opposite direction of my once held beliefs.

A person whose husband is deployed fights vehemently against people like Tommy as a defense mechanism. After all, it's easier to deal with your husband being gone for a year if you support him, right? (trust me, I know from experience) If you know in your heart that what he's doing is illegal, and he has the option NOT to go away from the family for a year or more at a time, but he went anyway, then that's a lot harder pill to swallow.
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 11:39
& skull.
ah tommy, bloop's missed you.
0 likes [|reply]
DecentralizedByGuilt
ty :) i missed u guys to :D
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 15:23
mixie
I tried to post on this last night, but it would keep taking me to the forum page when I hit "post reply." So I am going to try to sum up my thoughts as best I can (hopefully it posts this time).

Basically, I think the grassroots movement you speak of needs to be towards education, rather than condemnation. You can only blame someone for their own brainwashing to a certain extent, considering that the brainwashing to support the government/military without question begins almost immediately after birth- especially if parents are believers in propaganda and don't know any better. You can't really blame people for lacking intelligence- there's no real way of putting that nicely- but some (probably lots of) people are idiots incapable of comprehending that there might be some other truth out there other than what they are spoon-fed. Education from an early age. Intellectual activism if you will; I agree with you that protests are ineffective.

Being a logical, rational person (something our country seems in sore lack of these days), I agree that the war is unconstitutional and also that soldiers should be held accountable for their individual actions... but it's conflicted in my mind because I don't think it's right to punish someone for falling prey to the system they were born into. I do wholeheartedly respect the initiative you are taking to expose people to the truth of taking back our government into the people's hands- however I think if you truly want to inspire people to listen to you, you should take a different approach than calling their husbands, mothers, and brothers "murderers." While I might agree with you that what they are doing is unconstitutional, unethical, immoral and for whoever believes in it I will call it SIN for their sake, I think there is also a better way to present your train of thought to these people who are so neck-deep in the bullshit that they believe it smells like roses.

...though that woudn't be appropriate for a drama forum XD
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 17:20
DecentralizedByGuilt
The grass root I speak of is a true Democracy, with National Initiatives. I left the link numerous times, vote.org

It's much bigger than one important issue such as education, it's a venue to be able to voice our opinions on all issues, including education, and actually have our voices count. A True Democracy, whereas we the people decide, and make the laws within the constitution, and equally we can uphold the constitution. The Republic is trusting only politicians, and if they turn out to be a liar and break their campaign promises, instead of waiting 2, 4, 6 years to vote in someone else, and hope you can trust them. (side note: instant run off voting could solve that problem, but we'd need a venue to pass it first, such as the Ni4D - National Initiatives For Democracy)

side note 2: Before I understood what this actually means, the Ni4D, bec i promise you it wasn't easy to get me on board, I kicked ands scream the whole way and pointed out all the flaws, and ended up turning some away from it,lol But then it suddenly dawned on me. It's the first step to people eventually being able to govern themselves(what I want), and ultimately provide for themselves. bec if we dont start shaping up as a collective whole, our planet is not going to be the same for future children, as it was when we inherited it. ie civilization destroys life, and there is nothing civil about it
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 17:36
mixie
I have been half-assedly checking out the link today. I haven't really gotten into it (though I intend to) because I've been researching for a project and then when I need a break I come to the Bloop forums for a little amusement. I can't say I've seen enough to make any decision for or against it. But I think this website itself is a vehicle of education of sorts; it's putting things out there that people need to hear/read/become educated about, and in such a way that it doesn't (so far as I've seen) scream "YOUR HUSBAND IS A BABY KILLER" lol. Anyway what I meant was education in general, what you are doing here (except with that different approach) and probably on other sites, and what I do every day by talking to everyone I meet about certain issues that I believe deserve attention, and the growing movements across America- they're still small, but every movement starts somewhere, I suppose. That's what I meant by education, not necessarily the need to upgrade our education system as a specific issue in the whole mess of our country and its institutional reinforcement of a sedentary way of thinking.

So perhaps I will make a suggestion- the way to condemn wrongdoing, is to trick people into educating themselves, so they think they have made a lifestyle change on their own away from wrongdoing, and not by listening to all us damn "liberals" (I think the misuse of the terms 'liberal' and 'conservative' to oversimplify political agenda is quite amusing) that think the government should be run by the people instead of politicians who are experts at the trickery (and therefore the only ones we should listen to)!

...or something.
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 17:41
mixie
oh and as for side note 2, I definitely am with you there. Just because something isn't ideal, at this point in the mess we have to just make sure our trudging through is in the right direction. This is kind of how I feel with the whole, "gay marriage" thing. I don't think marriage should be any of the government's business, but I think that homosexual commitments are/should be valued as much as heterosexual commitments, so while I am not exactly "for" gay marriage because I think "legal marriage" is an example of the government overreaching their rights, I would vote "for" gay marriage.
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 18:02
DecentralizedByGuilt
ohh kay I see what you mean about education now, my bad

and yeah the approach may not be the greatest,
it's done in darkhumor of sorts. im not sure everyone gets that.
but the shit is so funny to me,
it's probably just my imagination and not funny at all,
but i dunno, makes me smile, so im sure im not alone :)
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 21:07
mixie
duhhhh that's why it's in the DRAMA forum :P
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 17:54
Catch May If You Can
Honestly, i know you have the right to express your opinions...but isn't there a way of doing so that isn't so...agressive? i have a good friend in the military and honestly, this does slightly offend me. not because you disagree with this war, because i do too, but because you are attacking people you don't know. You don't know the experiences of these people and are condemming whole group for what a few may or may not have done. Everyone has their own view of right and wrong involving this war. Personally, i don't like the idea of war, but i support those who wish to protect our country and its civilians, even if i don't agree with the war and i don't believe you should be attacking others so aggressively. There is something called the line, and i believe this is crossing that line slightly.
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 18:06
DecentralizedByGuilt
honestly, had I chose to voice my opinion all nice and polity, like I have numerous times, no one(few) would care. People are attracted to car crashes, they want to see blood, and I aim to please.
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 18:14
Catch May If You Can
that is a pretty sad way to look at it...

unfortunately, that is how the world is

me personally, i respond better to kinder, less aggressive posts...i just wanted to know exactly why you chose this method of getting your point across
0 likes [|reply]
31 May 2009, 23:04
love♥nik
I would REALLY love to see when you voiced it nice and politely. XD But you're right; if you'd been nice about this thread it most likely would've died and forgotten about in less than a day instead of going on for 20+ pages now. ^__^
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends