[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Thread Graveyard
Please, STOP supporting the "troops"
0 likes [|reply]
30 May 2009, 07:39
Mojo Jojo
--cant have an illegal war if no one shows up to fight it

True, but an unrealistic idealism

You have the right to refuse an illegal order. and it's your moral duty as an american sworn to protect the laws of the constitution/bill of rights, not break the very backbone that the misinformed think they're fighting for, when in reality they're fighting against the very foundation of this country.

There are far too many people who sign up to the forces because they either want to play war or because they wish to exert a force to ever hope that there will be nobody willing to go and fight. I think this was what your original post implied.

This war is illegal, and participating in it makes you an exsesery to a crime, which happen to be punishable by law.

It's 'accessory'. Yes, I'm a grammar/spelling pedant. Whereever there is a war, legal or no, there are war crimes. Mainly because of the sorts of people who sign up to be soldiers.

one can defeat us, no one is a threat to us, we have the might to conquer the world, and we think we can do it
But you (and I use the term to include the whole of the US, don't take it personally, lol) still managed to have one of your greatest landmarks destroyed in a day by two planes. Surely an omniscient government would have spotted the threat. *awaits long post of explanation* :-P

you live on a little tiny island. we own you. what can you do about that? j/k
the british live in 1984
big brother is watching your every move
your TV says muslim want to kill you

Hey, we owned you first :p
The TV does in fact say the Muslims are coming to get us. Sadly, way too many people believe that. Nobody much understand the Islamic doctrines and just think they all have bombs and will use them to merrily blow everyone else up.
We live in a nanny state and have done since about 1979 when the British suddenly thought electing a nutjob like Margaret Thatcher was a good idea. Cue recession, pointless Falklands war and the birth of the Big Brother nation.
George Orwell was so right.
0 likes [|reply]
30 May 2009, 16:20
DecentralizedByGuilt
True, but an unrealistic idealism

I wonder what this world would be like if no one ever had any idealist dreams. It might be interesting. I'd just rather everyone obey the law. That governments/politicians, and soldiers no matter what their rank is, are not above the law. Other countries want to put Bush/Cheney and company on trial for lying to go to war, and the war crimes that were committed. Even some of our own judges right here in america have tried to do this as well. They dont seem to care, and not many even know this.

There are far too many people who sign up to the forces because they either want to play war or because they wish to exert a force to ever hope that there will be nobody willing to go and fight. I think this was what your original post implied.

--I have no problems with training killers, and sending them off to kill people. Just make sure you get approval from the supreme court that sets forth what is constitutional, and what isn't. And then you have to have the approval of congress and the senate, who are only supposed to be there to represent what "we the people" want. But ultimately it's up to the supreme court's interpretation of the constitution. Play all the war games you want, just fallow the rules of engagement, you have to do this, bec if you dont. Then do not be surprised when other countries treat you how you treat others.

It's 'accessory'. Yes, I'm a grammar/spelling pedant. Whereever there is a war, legal or no, there are war crimes. Mainly because of the sorts of people who sign up to be soldiers.

--Oh we will make a great team then, my writings are so full of grammar and spelling errors, that sometimes I cant even tell what the hell i was saying,lol
I totally agree, it's shocking to realize just how wide spread rape and the murdering of innocent men, women, and children are, in every war. It's even more shocking to read that some bloop members refuse to accept that, despite many even admitting they did it. ridiculous.

But you (and I use the term to include the whole of the US, don't take it personally, lol) still managed to have one of your greatest landmarks destroyed in a day by two planes. Surely an omniscient government would have spotted the threat. *awaits long post of explanation*

--yeah I get how that works, so no confusion here in the but i dont even like anyone flying planes bec 99% in reality dont even need to be on a plane, spend more time with your children, or find someone to make one with, and stop flying around all in a rush neglecting your 'real life' chasing after the greed/dollar and only measuring success by how much one can hoard, money/resources, in a world of abundance. Look up "Global Dimming" and how 9/12/01 the day after got some scientist realizing what a clear blue sky we had when all the planes were grounded. and how that effects crops - food -plant life and ultimately all life.

But yes......the amount of prior knowledge of 9/11 goes beyond what most think: Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime

The TV does in fact say the Muslims are coming to get us. Sadly, way too many people believe that. Nobody much understand the Islamic doctrines and just think they all have bombs and will use them to merrily blow everyone else up.

The old testament has the first five books of Moses, which is what the Torah is, and Islam also has those same first five books of Moses, and all 3 religions worship that same Jewish god (which is rip off of an Egyptian god(s) whom got it from the Sumerians) the entire thing is full of war strategies, rape, slavery, murder... Religion is the most racist warmongering ideology there is. Islam gets no excuse for being no different than the warmongering Jews or Christians. They should switch to yet another mythological character and on the very same principle of the universal mythological Christ/Moses/Mohammed that they have- the Tibet buddhist, it's just more of an actual peaceful non-violent loving religion. vs the 3 major warmonger murderous religions of Judaism and her two off shoots Islam and Christianity.
0 likes [|reply]
31 May 2009, 01:55
DecentralizedByGuilt
bumper cars
0 likes [|reply]
29 May 2009, 23:08
Movies, UNL.
Why did you "quote" troops?
0 likes [|reply]
30 May 2009, 00:00
DecentralizedByGuilt
I was air quoting and making a funny face when i say "troops" whilst rolling my eyes bec that's how I roll in the grammarz world of emoticonerslusciousness
0 likes [|reply]
30 May 2009, 00:33
mixie
Why did you put "quote" in quotes?
0 likes [|reply]
30 May 2009, 03:15
Request thy Poison
Why ask "why" ?
0 likes [|reply]
30 May 2009, 03:51
Movies, UNL.
Because I was curious. Why else would I ask why?
0 likes [|reply]
30 May 2009, 12:53
mixie
try Bud Dry!

Wow... flash from the past :P
0 likes [|reply]
30 May 2009, 03:50
Movies, UNL.
Because I can, which is the same reason he put troops in quotes.
0 likes [|reply]
30 May 2009, 04:01
Request thy Poison
sorry lovie, i wasn't asking you why .. i was asking mixie..
0 likes [|reply]
30 May 2009, 04:20
Chris
Christ almighty, please respond to post instead of throwing them at the end of the thread.
0 likes [|reply]
30 May 2009, 04:39
Request thy Poison
jeez. chris. I pushed the wrong freaking button. My apologises
0 likes [|reply]
30 May 2009, 23:16
Movies, UNL.
Eh?
0 likes [|reply]
30 May 2009, 16:32
DecentralizedByGuilt
yes, I should have wrote it like this: stop supporting the "troops" *rolls eyes*
"support the troops" - is a very popular saying. "supporting the troops" i haven't really seen many bumper stickers with it like that on them. so i opted to quote "troops" bec that;s what every one calls the soldiers fight in wars, they call them "troops"

do you roll you eyes when you quote quote? is what you said some popular bumper sticker, and millions of people say?

no, you're playing little crap games. You;re not even good at them. and you run away from issues with real substance bec you have something to prove to yourself, that/'s you're not stupid like daddy told you were.

please find some big boy pants and and start talking about something of value. kid
0 likes [|reply]
30 May 2009, 16:33
DecentralizedByGuilt
^^lol, that doesnt even make sense! oops ;D sowwie
0 likes [|reply]
30 May 2009, 23:15
Movies, UNL.
I wish I were a psychologist. I bet I could find out all your personal thoughts and problems with that response.

And, it's not about what they call them. Troops is what they are. You weren't quoting anybody. So, again, why did you quote troops? Just because you could, you felt like it. You can ramble on about people's fathers and games all day long, but you just put them in quotes because you can.

Of course, I opted for the free will route. I could say that you're ignorant of the correct use of quotation marks and so you used them without knowing what you're doing. but I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps I shouldn't have, but I did.

And again, you've used the phrase that depicts an image of me running from something. I've run from nothing. Well, except maybe some tacklers back when I played wide receiver in high school, but I no longer run from anything. As I have said, I'm too fat and lazy.

I choose not to respond to your posts with fervor or zeal because you are, in my opinion, ignorant and foolish. You use aggression and name calling in order to elicit a certain response. I choose not to play your game. So when you digress into falsities and aggression, I post one last time and then I stop. So, this will be my last response to you in this thread. Have a good day. I hope your daddy issues get worked out.
0 likes [|reply]
31 May 2009, 01:39
DecentralizedByGuilt
dude. Thank you for proving my point.

all you care about is calling kettles pot's black, or w/e lol

anal nazi grammar childish shit

you run from any discussion with substance and value.

look at all that I said. in the conversation with mo jo

and all you got is nit picking bec of putting troops in quotes.

wow

YAWN

you're not impressing anyone with your ability to defend your poor grammar whilst attacks others poor grammar. bec most of us have realized that if some one sends you letter saying a bomnb with go off at noon in your house, you'd be more interested in letting them know they spelled bombers wringers, BOMB
bye bye there you go dontcha blow your top toq watch them p's n q's

runny away now child, come back when you have real substance
0 likes [|reply]
31 May 2009, 16:07
Movies, UNL.
Alas, I go back on my word. This is too easy to pass up.

nit-pick: "to be excessively concerned with or critical of inconsequential details."

The detail that we are talking about is not inconsequential in our discussion - it is the main point of our discussion. It is the only thing I've been talking about: your quoting of troops.

You call it nit-picking. I call it knowing what you're talking about and how to write it the way you mean it. Too many people in this world (and especially hereon bloop, seems like everyone - me included, I'm sure, at some time) just throw words around and say and do things without realizing hat they have done or said and what it means. So you will constanty see me copy and paste definitions because the person who said the word didn't use it properly. Without proper use of the words you use, your arguments mean nothing.

I don't care about what you said to mo jo or anybody else - I wasn't discussing your lack of desire to support the soldiers. I was discussingyour use of quotation marks.

You say I run from any discussion "with substance and value," yet all you do is call people names, belittle them with crude remarks, and antagonize them. Not a single thing in your posts has been about what I have been trying to discuss. You're the one shying away from what we were supposed to be discussing. Now that that is out of the way, this will truly be my last post to you in this thread on this topic.
0 likes [|reply]
31 May 2009, 16:15
Chris
You posting in this tread gave the impression that you were trying to be on topic to the original discussion. It's inconsiderate to jump into an entirely different discussion to something that's completely irrelevant.
0 likes [|reply]
31 May 2009, 17:09
DecentralizedByGuilt
Alas, I go back on my word. This is too easy to pass up.

--It's called baiting someone. We both have been doing it to each other.

nit-pick: "to be excessively concerned with or critical of inconsequential details."

The detail that we are talking about is not inconsequential in our discussion - it is the main point of our discussion. It is the only thing I've been talking about: your quoting of troops.

--And I keep asking you to talk to me about the actual topics, you dont have to debate me, or the others. Add your own 2 sense in. I think you did a little bit. but you seem more interested in trying to up someone on a grammar issue, as if book smarts out ways critical thinking, and commonsense. God forbid our ancestors that invented things like the wheel, and figured out what foods we can eat, plant medicine, mapped the stars out and made elaborate allegories to go with them, thank goodness it was proper grammar that gave us the world we live in, and not the ideas presented as such- poor form,lol
You take for granted what people have invented for you to have the world you have, yet many didnt even know how to read at all. but you, someone that can remember what others tell you to, and to only consider yourself as one with smarts, not for the ability to think for yourself, on your toes and solve the problems that can make the world such the easy place to live when solved. For you, Mr proper pooper, your argument has little to do with anything. Grammar and spelling isnt top priority in an IQ test, only partually, solving riddles and problems is. It's your ability, not the ability to memorize all the p's & q's and t's & i's to cross & dot the tops and punctuate properly.

You call it nit-picking. I call it knowing what you're talking about and how to write it the way you mean it.

--Yes, you are nit picking over nonsense. You gloss over what's being said, and only focus on you been taught that memorizing what others tell you to, is more important than thinking for yourself, critically.

Too many people in this world (and especially hereon bloop, seems like everyone - me included, I'm sure, at some time) just throw words around and say and do things without realizing hat they have done or said and what it means. So you will constanty see me copy and paste definitions because the person who said the word didn't use it properly. Without proper use of the words you use, your arguments mean nothing.

--Well, in that case "constanty" has an L in it,lol
But sriously.... without being able to solve the problem at hand, or being able to see a larger picture of the whole situation, and evaluate it, give a summery, interject what you would like to see happen, orwhat should have... etc etc etc ie
If you have nothing of value to say on the topics at hand, it hardly matters how well your grammar is, during your nonstop personal attacks, while adding nothing to the actual topic. Belittle me all you want to, it's perfectly fine, but only if you include the actual topic in along with your name calling and belittle remarks. Saying you dont know anything, bec you cant even spell it right, and properly write it down, and only basing your argument on that. Does in no way present you as one that can think for himself, and actually talk to people about actual real things, that are far more important then what words should be put in quotes, and when. No one is impressed by such nonsense. Nor is anyone trying to impress others with grammar only. It takes a combination. I admit my grammar is extremely poor. I welcome the help, just dont belittle me while trying to help me at the same time for ego reasons alone. It's not cool, and it may pss me off. And then I'll call you all sorts of names right back to you, and then...well here we are,lol

I don't care about what you said to mo jo or anybody else - I wasn't discussing your lack of desire to support the soldiers. I was discussingyour use of quotation marks.

--you should care about more than grammar only.

You say I run from any discussion "with substance and value," yet all you do is call people names, belittle them with crude remarks, and antagonize them. Not a single thing in your posts has been about what I have been trying to discuss. You're the one shying away from what we were supposed to be discussing. Now that that is out of the way, this will truly be my last post to you in this thread on this topic.

--No dude, you didnt like it that many have refused to go to Iraq, based on it's an illegal war. you wanted to know how they can get out of it. I lead the way....as in gooogles it, it's been done.
at least i think that was you. but then like so many others here. you'd just rather stick to dramaz nonsense personal attacks like everyone else, and you bowed out of the actual topic. which is fine and dandy.
But to come back here and talk shit about putting troops in quotes, and have that mean so much to you, and i respect that and understand why so many think it's so important. but I'm telling you it makes you look bad, if that's all you do. Like i said, i do not mind personal attacks and belittling remarks from you, or anyone. but you had better include the actual topic as well, or look the fool.
0 likes [|reply]
31 May 2009, 17:21
DecentralizedByGuilt
ps. MLK gave a great speech once, it inspired many generations, and still does. Thank goodness no one looked at MLK's grammar and spelling, bec that man couldn't spell to save his life. but his spoken words change the world. go figure
0 likes [|reply]
30 May 2009, 23:28
Mami 2 ♥ 1
Awesomesauce,
It must be nice to know everything and have an answer for everything. You should be a king!

Mami2Moisesito
0 likes [|reply]
31 May 2009, 01:41
DecentralizedByGuilt
i want all of us to be kings, and to stop worshipping the kings and politicians that make all decisions for you

vote.org

get with the program, stop being a happy slave to the system :)

the trick to pretending to have all the answers, is to not talk about shit you know nothing about, works for me, you should try it sometimes *kisses*
0 likes [|reply]
30 May 2009, 23:35
Eat Yellow Snow
Awesomesauce = Tommy? Hehehe, welcome back Tommy!!! Bloop has been SO BORING without you, YO~! *lol*
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends