Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Thread Graveyard
Please, STOP supporting the "troops"
0 likes [|reply]
27 May 2009, 02:03
DecentralizedByGuilt
If you continue to refuse to address the root cause of the attack on 9/11 ie what motivated them to attack us.
You will be attacked gain. I promise you.

hint: ocupation motivates terrorism
0 likes [|reply]
27 May 2009, 02:07
mixie
Notice how no one's calling me a stupid ignorant asshole even though I agreed with you? :P
0 likes [|reply]
27 May 2009, 02:24
DecentralizedByGuilt
bec we already know what a stupid ignorant ass you are!

j/k ;D
0 likes [|reply]
27 May 2009, 13:43
mixie
LOL! If that's the case, why does everyone feel the need to keep telling YOU you're one, thread after thread, day after day!?
XD
0 likes [|reply]
27 May 2009, 15:31
DecentralizedByGuilt
I'm wrong on a lot of stuff, i really hate it when that happens. it pisses me off, i want to shout wtf do you know you bla bla bla.
so i do get that
but me personally, and i think most everyone can attest to this for themselves, my opinions on things change so much as I get older, and learn more things. That I'm open to new evidence, and dont really set my beliefs and opinions in stone, because they have changed, and may change again.

It;s like when ur a 15 yr old know it all, by the time u turn 20 u realize at 15 u didnt know jack, and when 30 hits u realize at 20 u were close but just didnt have the understanding, and this repeats at 40, 50....by by the time u reach 60, the next generation will have advanced all ur thoughts and opinions and render u useless....wait. that cant be true. or is it? ;D
0 likes [|reply]
28 May 2009, 03:08
mixie
OMG!!! Get out of my head! I have had that same conversation so many times.... especially recently when I tried to explain to my 24 year old friend why he shouldn't put so much stock in the 18 year old girl he was dating (christ he was talking marriage and stupid shit like that and at that point they weren't even dating and hadn't met in person yet). HA. Lasted all of... weeks? less than two months, I know that.

Besides I think it shows if your opinions don't change over time, that you are not allowing yourself to grow as a person and mature as an individual. You're so stubborn you're perpetuating your own immaturity. That said we must realize that most people on bloop are under 25 so we've got lots of room for improvement! Give 'em a break. If you want. I'm pretty non-confrontational so I tend to let people learn things on their own. I know that's the only way I learn.
0 likes [|reply]
27 May 2009, 02:07
davidsengel82
Get off your goddamned highhorse. I wonder how brave you are without a keyboard
0 likes [|reply]
27 May 2009, 02:19
DecentralizedByGuilt
obey the laws of this land, or face the consequences.

bravery is standing up for america, not breaking her laws by murdering & rapping children.

you have no clue what bravery is.
if you think I'm some pussy,lol that doesnt like to fight, and doesnt own a ton of weapons of all types myself, well....you got the wrong guy ;)

Take a good look at this face, this is a truly a brave man, he stood up for the constitution of america, the backbone to your freedoms that you take for granted by putting us in unnecessary harms way.

this is what real bravery looks like: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehren_Watada
0 likes [|reply]
27 May 2009, 16:26
kein mitleid
Hint: See also disproportionate response, proxy warmongering, and regime puppeteering...
0 likes [|reply]
29 May 2009, 14:45
Keely.
'awesomesauce'.......you are sick! Anybody who doesn't appreciate what those men and women do for our countries can go to hell.
Like she said^^^, they go out their fighting for their country and their loved ones!
I can't even read the rest of this thread....makes me sick to think that poeple like you just DON'T understand!
0 likes [|reply]
26 May 2009, 19:00
Love, Rebekah
I agree with you. My husband serves and is very PROUD to be a soldier. Just brush this stupid stuffoff. You know in your heart what you believe and what your husband stands for, just as my husband and I do, and you shouldn't let this crap anger you. Try to ignore it.
0 likes [|reply]
8 Jun 2009, 15:52
Keely.
i see what you mean, it justs gets to me that people can be so ungrateful for what they do!. oh well, we support them along with a bloody load of other people out there n they deserve our support! enough said!
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 02:31
Mistress Sarah
I have to agree with you on this to an extent.

Frankly, it is completely unrealistic to suggest that any state could exist without an army. I mean, sure in a liberal and idealistic world, if all states were to abolish their militaries we might be ok. BUT, there are far too many international disputes over territory (especially in Asia), religion, long standing historical grudges and money. Consequently, there is no way that we can progress from the usual state of Realism.

I think it's important to establish better NGO's that (hopefully one day) kinda force states to abide by international law, especially in reference to war. Without a doubt America was WAY OUT OF LINE invading Iraq, and TO AN EXTENT Iran. The American government, supported by a majority of the American public, has engaged in an immoral and unjust war which radically reduces their international legitimacy, and does a lot more harm than good.

So, it's not a matter of 'don't support the troops' but rather, American public (and the rest of the world... fucking John Howard) WISE THE FUCK UP, do not support illegitimate military and economic campaigns, and TAKE SOME ACTION! Lets return to the good ol' hippy days and start protesting to a level NOT SEEN in this modern age. Don't let governments become dictatorships and engaging in immoral action because no one can stop them. NGO's at this point have shit all power, so the public has to do something.
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 04:56
T.A.I
The only thing that irritates me about the whole "Support Our Troops" thing, is the entire mentality that goes with.

The instant you go against the entire doctrine of thought that comes bundled with that phrase, you always hear the same argument:

1. Person responding has family member in said conflict, who is a "troop"
2. There's some babble about fighting for our freedoms at liberty or whatever (when our government has the power to do it, not another country)
3. There's some vague, generalized propaganda terms thrown in there
4. Person responding always refers to an individual troop or troops, but the entire reason as to why those troop(s) are involved in conflict is completely overlooked

I just get irritated by the Support Our Troops mentality because the people that I've heard say that phrase and own the bumper stickers are people with lesser intelligence and severe southern accents. My dislike for such people has translated over to my loathing for that phrase, more than anything. It's probably the wrong way to go about things in terms of association, but I can't help it.
0 likes [|reply]
29 May 2009, 01:09
Sypha Belnades
Put down the bong and learn how the real world works, dumb hippy.
0 likes [|reply]
29 May 2009, 03:23
DecentralizedByGuilt
stop talking shit and debate the real topic stoopid drughead
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 19:17
sumamen
I might have to agree with you on this..
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 19:17
sumamen
But, I would never tell if I did! LOL
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 19:36
DecentralizedByGuilt
lols

If this upsets anyone, it's because deep down they know it's true.

You cant be an imperialist warmonger, if your army understands that preemptive strikes are unconstitutional.
And that if a few rouge "terroist" fly a plane into a building in a foreign country, that it's illegal to punish a whole country, murdering thousands of children, because of some rouge "terrorist" that are pissed off about your imperialist warmongering in the first place.

The whole american mindset is twist, for one thing you got Hollywood Filthy glorifying war, and violence in general.

No king or Priest of past, could have ever imagined the power of square mental programming devices in every household. The power of television(and radio) to shape the mind of american, and ultimately the world.

erm, got side tracked. where was I? Oh yeah! The internet will destroy television. I mean people are waking up because of mass communication world wide, but that if wee can have a fair and balanced media, including equal time for ideals in liberation, we can make a difference. or w/e ;D
especially with Direct Democracy, bec I believe deep down people just want to live in peace.
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 00:20
April_Wedding
Yeah so lets just live our American lives. Let the other countries bomb us; and kill our Americans on our own soil. Let Iran build bombs so big it could take our country out with one. Yeah, lets tell our soldiers, that fight everyday for our freedom that they are not men and women because they are fighting.

Yeah and I want to see you do THEIR jobs. In my opinion? Your an idiot and you have no respect for your service men. (And women!)
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 01:40
DecentralizedByGuilt
they didnt attack us for no reason at all, dipshit

sorry lady, I dont kill children that had nothing to do with a few rouge terroist that retaliated from our imperialism.

Iran hasnt attacked another country in over 75 years. Iran does support Hamas, and Hezbohla, bec Israel refusing to abide to international law. Iran has every right to do this, especially when the US supports the ones committing the crimes in the first place!
the US gave Iran it's start in her nuclear energy program. Even f they wanted a bomb, like I'm sure they do, especially when the US via Haliburton still, sales them nuclear parts, Iran does let inspectors in, maybe not as much as we would like. But guess who does have nukes and will not let the inspectors in at all, ever? Israel!

try reading the newspaper sometimes lady. It truly helps to have some idea of what you're talking about, before you open your mouth, just some helpful advice, good luck :)
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 03:26
kein mitleid
Tommy, FYI, it's spelled "rogue" not "rouge." Whenever I see "rouge" I think of the Khmer Rouge, whom very much did deserve to be deposed and removed from power. (And this is not to take away from your argument, which I am not weighing in on, but rather, you've used "rouge" several times now and I just wanted to correct you.)
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 03:34
DecentralizedByGuilt
oh thanks, sorry about that. i'm not very good at grammars

rouge, is like moulin rouge LOLs my bad

how about moulin rogue? teehee

good eye

thanks again :)
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 04:58
T.A.I
No king or Priest of past, could have ever imagined the power of square mental programming devices in every household. The power of television(and radio) to shape the mind of american, and ultimately the world.

Interestingly enough, the Urban Dictionary word of the day right now is "Manufactured Outrage."

I smell some relevance on some level.... :-p
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 05:23
DecentralizedByGuilt
completely :)
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends