Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Thread Graveyard
Please, STOP supporting the "troops"
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 22:36
*Forever Changing*
How can you have family over there and not support them? You really are heartless huh?
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 22:41
DecentralizedByGuilt
The same way that a mother still loves their child that sits in prison. ever hear of unconditional love? or tough love?

I dont support you going on a serial killer rampage, but we are family, and I still love you, but if you break the laws that are in place to protect us all, and that allow us to have the freedoms we do have, I will turn you in my self, signed: Mother! (that'd be mother fucker to you;) )
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 20:48
.love.struck.
People are ignorant. Seriously! Let's have no troops and no miliarty for these anti-troops people so they can see what life would be like without them. You don't have to agree with war, but the least anyone can do is support our troops!
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 21:44
DecentralizedByGuilt
We have a military for defense only, ms ignorant

STOP supporting the asssholes that murder CHILDREN, bec someone told them breaking the law is okay, and if a child is murdered, or raped, it's okay because it's just one of the "cons" that comes with breaking the constitution, and International law.

If you dont agree with the war, then you dont agree with the assholes fighting them. In order to have a war, you have to have dumb naive kids willing to kill children as a "con"

the two go hand in hand, you cant support one without supporting the other. bec the ones fighting in the wars you dont support, are the reason the war is even happening. If the troops fighting in the war, would have the balls to refuse to break the constitution, and international, no matter who the fuck thinks they're above the law. you wouldn't have the illegal war you don't support.

The reality is you dont support the troops at all, bec you say it's okay for them to follow orders, even if it;s unconstitutional. Your reasoning is responsible for thousands of unnecessary deaths, I hope your proud of yourself :)
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 21:29
Minda Hey Hey™
I don't agree with the war but I DO support my boyfriend. I'm sure a lot of troops don't exactly AGREE to what they're doing but they did sign that dotted line and they have to do what they're told. A lot of them feel like they did what they had to do. What other choice do they really have? I've known a couple of people [my uncle back in the 70's and another friend of mine] who have tried going AWOL and nothing good has ever come of it.

Of course the news and media don't show the good things happen too, which believe or not--has happened! I've seen actual footage from my friend who was over there. He was one of the first people to go INTO Iraq when the war started.

0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 21:52
DecentralizedByGuilt
Most everyone agrees the war in Iraq was/is illegal.
I've explained how the war in Afghanistan is illegal as well, based on collective punish bec of a few is illegal.

If enough people can rally support for the law, and support those in the military that wish to be real americans and abide to the constitution by refusing to follow unconstitutional commands. You dig, they have got to stand down, put down your weapons, and pick up a paint brush.
actually, the amount of sexual perversion that went on in the prisons, and all over Iraq, along with all the torcher. we're so not welcomed anymore, and rightly so!

real simple: do not support anyone that breaks the law, even of they were told to.
only support those that obey the law
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 22:01
Minda Hey Hey™
I'm just curious then, how come I don't see you out there? Sure you talk about it on here but as for acting upon it, I see you doing nothing but talk about and talk of how illegal it is. If you feel so strongly about this, I want you to go out there and see how easy it is for YOU to say this is illegal, it definitely would be interesting to see!
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 22:12
DecentralizedByGuilt
You see me now?

I'm right here talking about illegal wars, and offering not only solutions out of them, but so much more.

If you think bloop is the only place I've ever done this, and that I haven't had millions of hits on other websites, you'd be mistaken.

If your idea of getting out there means protesting, been there done that it doesnt really get anywhere, imo
I want to instead empower the people to make laws within the constitution. a real venue

nothing gets done, unless you talk about it first. that's what a democracy is, being able to voice your opinion, and hopefully have it count. It's a slow process bec people are a afraid of "change" and their egos refuse to let them see real viable solutions. based on a dislike of the messenger.

vote.org

it's the first step, I'm part of this grassroot movement of informing others about it. I may not have the best tactics. but Ive come to understand that you have to grab people by the balls, or else they dont pay any attention, of any significance, to mr fluffy bunny man
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 22:39
foreverglow
and really, what good does this do to post this on bloop with a 2,000+ community. surely there are bigger communities out there that you can spread this bullshit and piss more people off. going off on a tangent, and pissing people off on here won't change the status of the troops/war/military. so get off your high horse.
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 23:13
DecentralizedByGuilt
it's not bullshit. it's the law

this is the "drama" section.

I love drama, especially when it deals in real topics that effect our lives.

You have no right to attempt to suppress my freedom of speech, in a drama a section on a small website,lol

i belong to bigger websites to. so what. I can post here if I want to. I happen to know a lot of people here, and i missed them :)
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 23:19
foreverglow
maybe i missed something, but i'm not trying to supress your freedom of speech. just simply stating there are bigger websites out there on bloop that you can do this. even if all 2,000+ of us agree'd with you, it wouldnt be big enough to start a "Grass Roots" movement like you want. Reality check, it's never gonna happen. ;)

As for the drama, you win.
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 23:34
DecentralizedByGuilt
yeah, you did miss something:

"If you think bloop is the only place I've ever done this, and that I haven't had millions of hits on other websites, you'd be mistaken."

Translation: I've reached millions of people already, both with video, and with articles I wrote.
not a big deal at all
but you should ask first, not guess about what a stranger ma, or may not, do.
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 00:57
.Blue Bella.
Are you serious Lacy? I'm not saying I 100% agree with Tommy here (I actually don't give two shits about american troops and the war and why it goes on or whatever)... but he is just as entitled to spread his views and opinions around Bloop as he would be anywhere else. You are the one sitting on your sensitive high horse reacting to him!
With a community of 2000, that is 2000 more people to hear what he says (and yes Im aware not all read the forums). In the grand scheme of things, that isn't bad. Sure, he's a pain in the butt, but he's getting his point across and you're just feeding it by making pissy little comments like this. If you haven't noticed, that encourages him further.
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 00:25
Lady Sheri
I am agreeing with you on this one.

I'm curious though... say that this grassroots movement is successful and that people stop signing up to join the military. The sad fact is that this war is not going away any time soon. No matter how illegal or unnecessary. What happens when the government decided to start drafting?

At least at this point the people who are signing up are willingly doing so.
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 21:55
*Forever Changing*
I love that people like you are standing here bitching and whining about "troops and war" but you sure as hell LOVE those civil liberties my grandfather died for dont you? You love the rights that you have as a person that my grandfather, father, and now my sister fight for everyday. My foster brother joined BEFORE the war, and he was sent back to Iraq 3 times, even after his term was up because the army didnt let him out of his contract. He left behind twin daughters who will never know their father.

Why dont you just keep enjoying your freedoms while I continue to thank and support my family and my troops.
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 22:19
DecentralizedByGuilt
Iraq cant take away our freedoms, Iraq didnt attack us. Afghanistan didnt attack us.
No one is fighting for my freedom, I'm fighting for the right to be FREE!!!
a true democracy

I'm fighting for the constitution, and that if anyone beaks it, they're spitting on the graves of the ones that fought for us to have, what we are trying to uphold, in the first place.

Your foster brother died for no reason, and worst of all is a disgrace to the real men that actually did fight FOR the freedoms we have.
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 21:56
Transit
Where I live all the army guys are complete wankers, when they are here and not deployed they go around town at night and beat up multiple people, they go into bars and clubs, pulling girls tops down and their skirts up, if you want to go to the army centre as part of your night out, you are teased for not being in a dinner jacket or a full gown, they all just get naked and start humping each other not the sort of people I will ever be supporting.
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 22:24
*Forever Changing*
I am just backing out now, because I know that you cant beat ignorance. You are spitting on a fallen soldier because you dont agree with the war. All I have to say to you is I hope that someone you know and love doesnt die for what they think is right, and something you disagree with. Have respect for the dead.
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 22:35
DecentralizedByGuilt
The ONLY way you can have respect for the dead, that fought and died for the freedoms we have (the constitution/bill of rights) is to uphold the very thing they died for- the constitution/bill of rights

you ignorant twit

0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 22:41
*Forever Changing*
I am not the ignorant one here. I know about this war. I know that WE gave not only Iraq but Osama and his followers as well the money, ammo, weapons, as well as training that has come back and bitten us in the ass. Thats how we knew there were WMD's there WE GAVE THEM THAT TECHNOLOGY. I do not agree with going into Iraq. They are haboring terroritsts yes, but we went there for Bush's family vendetta, I do however agree with supporting our troops. When my foster brother entered there was no war, no september 11th no nothing. He was supposed to ABANDON his country because the war isnt flowers and bunnies? No. He didnt agree with the war, but he also didnt want to go to jail for going AWOL.

You love to stir up shit. I can tell that, but you are pathetic stirring this up right on Memorial day weekend when we are supposed to be honoring the fallen.

And by the way, name calling doesnt get your point across.
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 23:01
DecentralizedByGuilt
I only calls names to those that deserve it, so you must have said something of that nature first, or else I wouldn't have. you can now thank me for treating you how you obviously want to be treated.

you cant support the people fighting in an illegal war, but not the war itself. I know this is hard for you to understand. but the two go together. you cant have one, without the other.

It's like saying I dont support murder, but i do support murders

If you dont want to be called names, simple, dont call other people names. and perhaps they will treat you how you treat others, hopefully.
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 23:12
*Forever Changing*
Um yup I didnt call you a name. Its okay, I dont mind, call me whatever you want wont make me agree with you.
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 23:19
DecentralizedByGuilt
"bitching and whining"

Not the best way to start a conversation on your part, but i'm not complaining about it,
just laughing about it, considering ;D

can I call you Pimplefingerbutt from now on?
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 23:22
DecentralizedByGuilt
forgot this one: "I am just backing out now, because I know that you cant beat ignorance."

That was the one that prompted me to call you ignorant right back to you.

just so you know.
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 22:40
- misseriin*
I can't believe there is actually a thread about this.
By no means do i agree with war, but troops need the citizens of their country.
I'm Canadian and I fully support the Canadian troops in Afghanistan. I know a few soldiers, and they are great guys.

When this world gets so fucked up that world war three starts, you'll be praying that these people can keep you safe.
Its a disgrace that you even want to bring something like this up in a community where there are military spouses.
its just sick...
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends