Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Pet Peeves.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2010, 05:21
*Forever Changing*
When my children are babies they do not wear shoes in public, at all, they also dont get out of their seats.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2010, 05:30
Mami 2 ♥ 1
Well that is one thing, I am talking about kids (not babies in a seat) walking around in public.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2010, 05:33
*Forever Changing*
Haha, i did the worst thing ever when my water broke, I took my oldest to the hospital in just her sleeper pajama. She was 16 months old and running around the room in no shoes. The nurses all said something and I had to tell them that my priority was not to put shoes on my 16 months old when my water broke.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 00:07
I'mStillTatartot
true to number nine.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 00:35
santananananana
I was just discussing pet peeves with a friend the other day.. here goes. I think I'm more picky about verbal grammar abuse than written, though.

1. Mispronounced words, such as nuculer instead of nuclear, expresso instead of espresso, libary instead of library, aks instead of ask, etc. (Right there with ya, Mami 2 Moisesito!) Don't get me started on 'coversate' or 'conversating'...
2. Dropping or adding "r's" onto words when spoken, such as computah instead of computer (poor example, couldn't think of one at the moment) or soder instead of soda.
3. Someone using the fact that he/she was drunk be an excuse for acting like a complete imbecile.
4. People who choose to have 8 hour text sessions instead of picking up the phone and calling to have a conversation.
5. When someone eats off my plate... I promise I will share but PLEASE ask first! What if I was saving the best piece for last? :P
6. Couples who are attached at the hip... it just aggravates me when one can't take a shit without the other.
7. Lazy coworkers. Yeah, I'm lazy when I'm home by myself. But I'm going to work my ASS off to get my money... wish others would do the same.
8. When people ask 'what are you' when referring to nationality. I'm a human being, that's what I am.

I'm sure I have plenty more but I can't think of any more right this second. Guess that's good to forget what annoys me, right?
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 02:34
queenbutterfly
In reference to #6, do you realize that there are couples who are VERY happy and even after years love spending time together? My husband and I are "attached at the hip." We do almost EVERYTHING together. He is my best friend; and to me, (and this is my opinion! God forbid I start drama by giving my opinion!) that is how it should be.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 03:09
jodi
i'm attached at the hip with my boyfriend for the same reason. we love spending our time together. that's why we're still together and beautiful!

people...sheesh.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 10:42
santananananana
Haha no drama at all! I understand what you mean. I'm more leaning towards young couples that do it to control each other. For instance, my brother and his girlfriend. He literally has NO friends because he isn't 'allowed' to hang out with anyone else. And that includes my family... if he wants to have a boys night out with my other brothers she cries because he's supposedly leaving her out. Guess I should have said controlling significant others was my pet peeve :P
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 15:07
queenbutterfly
Yeah that would make more sense. I hate the controlling type too!
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 05:50
love♥nik
1: I'm a barista and omfg it drives me INSANE when ppl say expresso instead of espresso. WHERE DO YOU SEE AN 'X' IN SAID WORD HMMMMMMMMMM?!?!?!
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 22:50
lithium layouts.
OH YES. OR WHEN THEY SAY 'CAN I HAVE A SKINNY CAPPUCCINO'. It's SKIM MILK, not SKINNY. When I was a barista, so many customers made me soooooooo angry. xD
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2010, 04:59
love♥nik
I don't mind that as much as someone who tells me that they was a VERY wet cappuccino... well then you pretty much just want a latte. Or ppl who get a cappuccino and feel how light it is and go, this isn't how it is in the gas station!

THAT'S B/C THIS IS A REAL COFFEE PLACE TYVFM.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Mar 2010, 06:19
[mandie knickers]
I'm sorry. VERY wet cappuccino? I was a barista, but I still don't get it. Coffee is liquid, therefore wet.

Thankfully, I was only a barista for a month. If someone had told me they wanted something very wet, I either would have made a dirty joked, or poured it on them, asking if it was wet enough, then made a dirty joke.

But....I'm a horrible person. haha.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Mar 2010, 08:17
love♥nik
xD A very wet capp would pretty much be a latte. Capps aren't going to be very heavy b/c they're mostly foam, thus "dry" b/c of just the foam. A very wet cap is pretty much just a latte, not a capp.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Mar 2010, 08:29
[mandie knickers]
It's still all wet to me. :) haha

**insert dirty joke here.

I NEED TO GO TO BED DAMMIT. lol
0 likes [|reply]
23 Mar 2010, 08:31
love♥nik
Same here. XD I spent the night w/ my boys playing Halo. XD
0 likes [|reply]
23 Mar 2010, 08:34
[mandie knickers]
I've been reading old forum posts &shit. I've been out of touch with the interwebz since someone got home...haha. no, i've just been ignoring my computer really. lol

now, seeing as i'm already up, i'm waiting for angel to come on at 5. lol
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 22:11
Avonlea@ITW
Your first one resonates with me. We bought a house that had kitchen curtains designed with a cafe theme. They had coffee-type words all over them, including . . . "expresso." It drives me crazy every time I look at it, but my husband likes the curtains and won't let me toss them.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Mar 2010, 23:26
jessi bear(:
i have eight hour text conversations. but it's not over something important. it's random chatter that would be filled with awkward silences on the phone. haha.
if i have something important to say or a specific purpose for the conversation, then i'll call. if i'm just wondering what someone is up to, i'll text.
0 likes [|reply]
19 Mar 2010, 23:32
*Forever Changing*
I have 8 hour text conversations, because talking on the phone gives me anxiety, even when its my husband or my father. I also am attached at the hip with my husband, he is my everything, my best friend, my strength, my shoulder to cry on, and the love of my life. I would rather spend 24 hours with him, and know that I am enjoying my time, then honestly spending time with people I dont care for that much. I dont have many friends here in Denver and I am okay with that most days. I think the problem with marriages now a days is people arent close enough, they want to be married and still have seperate lives, thats not how marriage should work, in my opinion.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Mar 2010, 00:38
Lauren.
I have a phobia of talking on the phone, too, and would MUCH rather have an 8 hour text message conversation than a 5 minute phone conversation. Oddly, though, my phobia doesn't apply to answering the phone at my job (I even used to operate a hospital switchboard). The phobia acts up when I'm calling people (even if it is for my job) or having personal phone conversations (except when it's my mom or husband). So very odd.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Mar 2010, 00:41
*Forever Changing*
Mine is when people are calling me or I am calling people, suprisingly I worked at a call center doing surveys for almost a year and I loved the job, but when its me personally I freak out. I also cannot order food in a resturaunt, talk to the doctor, talk to a professor, make friends, or anything to do with other people without having a panic attack.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 02:49
Miss
i hate it when guys don't open doors for ladies.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 04:06
Chris
Do you hate it when ladies don't open doors for guys?
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2010, 13:42
Giggle
I hate it when ladies expect guys to always open doors for them. It's not the guys' duty! Don't moan when guys don't do it, just appreciate it when they do!
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends