Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Pet Peeves.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 01:35
Chris
*rolls eyes*

Disagreement = OMG YOU'RE SO BITCHY, HONEY SWEETY PIE DARLING ^_^ PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 07:38
~RedFraggle~
Well, there's always one, isn't there?
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 07:37
~RedFraggle~
Umm... perhaps we've never had a disagreement because I've never talked to you before? Lots of people read my diary regularly, so I hardly notice who reads and who doesn't. I only remember ever noticing one comment from you (which is fine, like I say, lots of people seem to enjoy reading but don't comment).

You seriously think I'm bitchy because I've (a) told you you were wrong about something, and (b) told you I don't like people being patronising by referring to someone as "honey" during a disagreement?

Honestly, if you think THAT makes someone a bitch, you must have lived a pretty sheltered life! Firstly, telling people they should 'clean their ears out' with cotton buds IS wrong, and dangerous (even if that is not what you meant), and it REALLY annoys me when people give out incorrect health advice online, because some people will be stupid enough to follow it. I had every right to point out that what you had said was dangerous. If you cannot handle that, that is your problem, not mine. I mean, seriously, do you teach your kids that if someone tells them they are wrong they must be a bitch?

And referring to me as "honey" was bitchy in itself, so this rather appears to be pot and kettle here! But you don't see me crying about it and whining that you're a bitch because of it.

Finally, you clearly don't think I'm a bitch 'in real life' or you'd hardly have been reading me and had me on your faves list for so long, would you? You're just pissed because I told you you were wrong about something. That makes you oversensitive, it doesn't make me a bitch. But if you want to think that I am, go right ahead. A few people on Bloop who I've told they are wrong would probably agree with you! But there's A LOT of oversensitive people here, who can't handle being told they're wrong about something. Usually Americans, I've noticed.

I mean Acid Fairy, Transit and I tell each other we're wrong in the forums all the time and you don't see us resorting to calling each other bitches! (Plus I secretly love them ;))
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 07:43
~RedFraggle~
Lol. If you think I'm such a bitch, why were you viewing my diary last night? It appears yours is on FO, so you must have changed your settings JUST to view! (Since my diary blocks diaries which I can't see)
0 likes [|reply]
23 Mar 2010, 05:19
[mandie knickers]
haha. i say honey to people all the time, but i try not to do it in a patronising tone. i honestly say it with like, everything. haha. that or boo.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Mar 2010, 05:25
*Forever Changing*
I say honey all the time too. But I try not to do it when I am arguing. People apparently dont like that haha.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Mar 2010, 05:30
[mandie knickers]
well, it's totally understandable really. i mean, it can be really patronising. i say honey all the time, but usually just in a normal conversation. when i'm arguing, usually i just get right to the point &say dumbass, instead of belittling someone by talking to them like they're my 15 month old niece. haha.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Mar 2010, 05:33
*Forever Changing*
I understand why they dont like it, but I guess I dont view as argument as a reason to hate them. I could completely disagree with them on every point, but still care about them, because of their personality. It seems like the majority of people do not get over a huge disagreement. I guess it helps that my husband and I are polar opposites on everything, and we have learned to disagree without fighting.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Mar 2010, 05:35
[mandie knickers]
haha. i didn't say that i hate someone when i argue with them, yo. neither did you, but it's kind of the vibe i got. no, with my personality, saying dumbass to someone while arguing isn't viewed as me hating them. i tend to be overly vocal &foul mouthed, so most people hardly notice it. ;D
0 likes [|reply]
23 Mar 2010, 05:38
*Forever Changing*
Haha, no actually I wasnt referring to you at all, I was referring to how most people view a disagreement, they argue, then block that person. You know? I am just a hippy though and I want everyone to get along ahahahaha.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Mar 2010, 05:41
[mandie knickers]
Lmao. The whole blocking after an argument thing is absolutely no fun, yo. I mean, what's the point? Especially since most folks who block the person they were arguing with create another diary after they've lost said argument just to view said blocked person's diary. It's ridiculous, yo. &Bloop is totally no fun without the dramaz, for cereal. I mean, I remember when I used to HAVE to check Bloop because I had to see what the latest dramaramamamaz was. Now, I can go days, weeks, even months without checking it.

I'm all for folks getting along, but only in real life, yo. Bloop is the best place for all the dramaz. ;D
0 likes [|reply]
23 Mar 2010, 05:44
*Forever Changing*
Hahahaha, see I want everyone to love everyone everywhere. I mean arguing is great, and fun, disagreeing is normal, but I want to be able to disagree with someone and then be friendly with them after. There are only a couple people on bloop I absolutely never want to hear from again, lol, but I keep them unblocked because it keeps life interesting :)
0 likes [|reply]
23 Mar 2010, 05:48
[mandie knickers]
EXACTLY my point, dude. Like, seriously, if I blocked everyone I had a disagreement with, I'd have no one to read my diary, yo! It's ridiculous, and some people can't seem to understand that just because you don't agree with someone on everything, that doesn't mean you can't be friends. Hell, here's an example. About a hundred years or so ago, Estella &I had this big argument about British/American spelling or whatever, hell I don't remember, and some other things I believe as well, but these days, we get along just fine. Hell, I think she's hilarious &she's one of my fave people to read. [Yes, Estella, I'm mentioning you where you not mentioned. YOU'RE TOTALLY FAMOUS, YO! ;D]

It's truly not that difficult to get along with someone ¬ have all the same beliefs &shit. I mean, really. It's just kind of ignorance.

And THAT is one of my pet peeves. haha.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Mar 2010, 05:50
[mandie knickers]
Jesus Christ, dude. An edit function would work wonders.

Estella, I'm mentioning you where you not mentioned. = I'm mentioning you when you weren't previously mentioned.

someone ¬ have someone & not
0 likes [|reply]
23 Mar 2010, 05:56
*Forever Changing*
I have blocked a couple people for personal insults, and usually they block me as well, then a day later when my sensitive feelings arent all hurt, I unblock them haha, its pointless for me to hold on to something or someone who doesnt play a significant role in my life. If they hate me, then they hate me, but it takes me a day to get to the point where I unblock them, and usually there is ranting in my diary that day before I do haha.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Mar 2010, 05:58
[mandie knickers]
haha. See, I used to be all about blocking folks back in the day, until one day I realised it was absolutely pointless. haha. So I just unblocked everyone, and if I have something to say that I don't want the entire site to read, I just put it on FO. Not that there aren't ways around that as well, but whatev. Haha.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2010, 00:55
lithium layouts.
Wax that is that visible is probably not due to people not cleaning their ears (I, for one, have never, ever used a Q-tip, and my ears are fine). It usually indicates some underlying disease. Everyone has wax in their ears. It's normal. It's beneficial, actually - the wax traps particles and dust (and even bugs xD), preventing them from entering your middle ear and causing an infection. Like others have said, the body is quite self-sufficient and self-cleaning - it knows better than we do. xD Like I said, it's only when there's an excessive wax build-up that it becomes a problem. And in that case, the person with excessive wax should make use of their doctor, and not a Q-tip.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Mar 2010, 20:20
Lovin'MyLittles
Giggle, you had it exactly right. Thanks for wording it for me. I don't peer down all of my friends/associates ears.. but when you can see it from the outside.. eeeew. lol
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2010, 22:19
Transit
I used cotton buds in my ears once, then I developed an ear infection, lesson well and truly learnt.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2010, 01:18
Miss
thanks for those links. i only use cotton swabs to get water out of my ear after i shower and swim, but i'm going to start using something else now. haha i'm paranoid
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2010, 23:29
love♥nik
.... How close are you getting to ppl to see their ear wax getting built up? XD I don't think I've ever seen someone w/ excessive ear wax.... XD
0 likes [|reply]
15 Mar 2010, 20:19
Lovin'MyLittles
Haha, my Husband for one.. I've had several friends that I've noticed it on, too. I mean, you don't have to be right on top of someone's ear to see it.. and if it's one of your pet peeves it's just something you naturally pay attention to! lol
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 19:53
Estella
Q TIPS ARE EVIL, YO! YOU WILL ONE DAY GET AN EAR INFECTION!

Seriously, I used to always use Q tips and then I got ear infections so I stopped, and I got all worried I'd get waxy ears, but in fact, once you stop using Q tips, the bod regulates itself, and you don't get excess wax. If people have wax coming out of their ears, they probably either have a health prob, or they never have a bath!

Advice from our audiologist lecture was 'Don't use Q tips - but I know most of you will continue to do so, so in this case, when you use them, make sure you're sitting down when using them.'
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2010, 00:49
lithium layouts.
'You should not stick anything in your ear that's smaller than your elbow' was the advice I once got. xD
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2010, 07:11
& skull.
did you ever try to get your elbow near your ear after hearing that? i did when i was a kid lol.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends