Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Pet Peeves.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2010, 14:36
*Forever Changing*
Hahahha EXACTLY. I dont expect doors to be open or chairs to be pulled out for me, even though for the past 5 years that is what I have gotten, my husband was raised by all women and taught to be very gentlemen-like. I hate it when pregnant women expect things because they are pregnant, and apparently you cannot do anything when you are? I don't know, maybe I was a weird one and still very independant when I was pregnant, unless doctors orders said different, even then I didnt expect people to do things for me. Many women use it as an excuse to do nothing.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 03:16
DivaAshley
WHINING... I'm a teacher, and there are A LOT of things I can deal with... don't get annoyed too terribly much, but WHINING drives me CRAZY!
Go figure... my OWN child is going through a "I whine about everything" phase!
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 03:37
already gone.
- Parents who clearly see their child is acting up in public and just let it happen. Crying babies doesn’t bother me. But letting your kid run up and down an aisle in Walmart pushing over the products on the shelves pisses me off. Just letting them run wild in public is bad enough, let alone putting more work on employees of a store ( I work at Walmart so I have experienced this personally).
- Parents who think their child can absolutely do no wrong.
- Parents who bring their kids out in public dirty and dressed tacky while they are clean and dressed nice. If you can clean yourself and buy yourself decent clothes you should do it for you kids as well.
- Bad drivers. Especially the ones who do dangerous and stupid things but then give you a look like it’s your fault.
- Not having your money ready when it’s time to pay. Especially if you’re paying with a debit/credit card. If you knew all along that’s what you were going to use why not have it out already? Even if you’re paying with cash and aren’t sure how much it will be you could at least have you wallet out.
- Co workers who deliberately make bad decisions or do what they know is wrong and then use the excuse “I don’t care” when you ask why they did it. Then the next day they are crying about how bad they need the job or need more hours!
- People who talk really loud or inappropriate in public.
- When someone who is in a relationship only wants to talk about their partner. It’s okay to talk about him/her but everything out of your mouth doesn’t have to be about that person. I had one friend at work who would just randomly say “my bf just sent me a text”. Why would I want to know that?
- Pre teens and teenage girls on Myspace or FB who post provocative pics of themselves. Showing their underwear or kissing their girl friends. I want to slap sense into them!
- Kids who automatically start whining for something before they even ask for it. When my godson wants something to drink he doesn’t just say “I want something to drink”, he says “uhhhhh I’m thirstyyyy! I want something to driiiiiink”. He draws out the words and it drives me CRAZY. I know he’s just a child so I tell him to ask nicely and he usually does. Can’t be too mad at the kids though, lol.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 07:59
jessi bear(:
my little sister's NINE YEAR OLD friend had a myspace with a picture of herself in a pleated mini skirt, her older sister's (stuffed) halter top, and a pair of knee high socks. she was leaning forward with one leg propped on a chair and you could see her underwear. it was horrifying. god only knows who saw that before her mother deleted it.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2010, 14:40
*Forever Changing*
My daughter started the whining thing after a weekend with her cousins, all I did was tell her I didnt understand whining and if she wanted something she would have to ask like everyone else does. It seems to work. I talk about my husband A LOT. But then again, I live 16 hours away from any family or friends, and I havent made new friends in Denver and we have been here three years, so my husband is: My husband, the father of my children, my best friend, and the only family who hasnt abandoned me in some way.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 08:34
jessi bear(:
i have a lot of these::
1. people who post the exact same facebook status every ten minutes. okay, you love your son, your boyfriend, and your life. i get it.
2. chain letters/forwards. i have yet to have a dead girl show up in my room in the middle of the night to kill me and i doubt that it's going to happen this time either.
3. people who (at fast food restaurants) open their straw, throw the wrapper down on the counter, and walk away. i'm willing to bet there is a trash can nearby. use it.
4. "no", "know", and "now" are three completely different words. i promise. as are "they're, their, and there", "were" and "where", and "your" and "you're".
5. people who assume that any male and female that have dinner together are an item. my best friend is a guy and we go out to eat sometimes. don't call my fiance and say that i am cheating. i assure you, he knows where i am.
6. people who are famous for no particular reason. i don't care if you're rich - entertain me or go away.
7. misuse of a semi-colon. my eighth grade english teacher drilled it into my head and it drives me insane now.
8. family members i haven't seen since i was five that expect me to remember them. (oh honey, you've gotten so big! you don't remember me? *scoff*) i'm sorry but maybe if you come around before another fifteen years have passed i'll remember you next time.
9. girls who have a new boyfriend every other week - and love every one of them.
10. the tragedy magnets. people who somehow find a magic connection to every person on the obituary page. when my friend andrew died, people came crawling out of the woodwork.
11. girls that seem to think everyone else wants their man.
12. "that's what she said." a well placed crack every once in a while is funny, but it's being overused and most of the time it doesn't make sense.
13. when you leave the room and come back to five text messages saying, "hello? are you there? jess? jess, are you still there?" give me a minute.
14. people who seem to think that saying, "no offense, but.." will stop something from offending me. if you have a different opinion, give it to me straight, and if i disagree we can discuss it.
15. people who think that when i sit my purse/phone down, they have the okay to look through my things. NOT OKAY.
16. girls who go after men in relationships. i once had someone tell me, "i see a man, i want him, i get him, i fuck him.. it's all i know." have a little bit of self-respect.
17. girls who play dumb to get attention from guys. not all attention is good attention, just fyi.
18. people who call repeatedly. if i don't answer the first time you call and i still don't answer when you try again five minutes later, please do not keep calling.
19. people who sit in restaurants complaining loudly the entire meal. i don't care if your boss is a jerk. shut up.
20. generally driving like an idiot. tailgating. failure to use turn signals. texting and driving. swerving back and forth. fluctuating speeds. etc.
21. people who interrupt everything you try to say with a story about their own life. i know that your ex-boyfriend was an ass, but i'm trying to tell you something. please wait until i'm done.
22. people who scream profanities in public. i knew a girl that screamed "fuck!" every time she got a cold chill. inappropriate.
23. when people ask for my advice and then argue with me. you asked what i think and i told you. you can disregard it if you'd like, but don't argue with me.
24. when people wake you up to ask if you're awake.
25. parents who let their child run unattended in public. i was only sixteen months old when my mom had my twin brothers so she had her hands full, but when we went to the grocery store she never had a problem keeping us in line. don't let your three year old climb through the clothing racks.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 22:50
DivaAshley
Wow... that's a LOT of pet-peeves!
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 22:59
jessi bear(:
haha.. i hold a lot of stuff in =P
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 22:53
lithium layouts.
I too strongly dislike it when people go through my wallet or purse. My friend used to go through my texts all the time. She was a control freak.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 22:58
jessi bear(:
i had a friend and every time we hung out she would dump my purse out and go through, "what's this? what's that? why do you have this in here?" it made me soo mad!
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 23:06
lithium layouts.
Haha I meant to say 'phone or purse' xD
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 23:15
Lauren.
"6. people who are famous for no particular reason. i don't care if you're rich - entertain me or go away."

THANK YOU!
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2010, 22:10
Hayley McBayley
"1. people who post the exact same facebook status every ten minutes. okay, you love your son, your boyfriend, and your life. i get it."

I have this girl on my friends list who writes "Loving Daddy, Leon-George and Galaxy forever xxxxxxxxxxxx" at the end of EVERY status. Galaxy is her GUINEA PIG! lol. It just drives me mad!!
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2010, 22:39
jessi bear(:
hahahaha. i have two people that do this::

"Cant Wait To Find Out Boy Or Girl!!! I Love You Jeffrey!! Cant Wait To Our Wedding, October 2010!!:

and the other..

"Just (*insert fed, bathed, put to sleep, etc.*) Owyn! I love him, my life, and my hubby! Can't wait to be his wifey!"

and they post them, on average, twice an hour. haha.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Mar 2010, 00:39
Lauren.
THOSE people drive me INSANE. Seriously, you have NOTHING BETTER to do than tell me when your kid has messed up his diaper!? SERIOUSLY!?!?!
0 likes [|reply]
23 Mar 2010, 06:24
[mandie knickers]
22. people who scream profanities in public. i knew a girl that screamed "fuck!" every time she got a cold chill. inappropriate.

i'm bad about hollering profanities, but it's truly not intentional. I'm a loud person by nature, though I've been working to tone it down, and profane words slip out of my mouth without my even realising it half the time. Again, something I'm working on. lol.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Mar 2010, 06:53
jessi bear(:
hahaha.. at least you're working on it ;D.

we were in the park of all places and there were children playing twenty feet away and she would just yell 'fuck' at the top of her lungs every half hour or so. you should have seen the looks some of those mothers were giving us. haha.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Mar 2010, 06:55
[mandie knickers]
lol. well, that's just ridiculous. lol.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 17:43
Chris
I get annoyed when people get upset at things that are none of their businesses, or when they constantly get upset at things that are totally preventable. I had this chick get pissed at me because I would write political comments on my Facebook page when she could just easily hide me from her news feed.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2010, 07:06
love♥nik
.... That's stupid. If someone's status annoys me enough times and I actually know them (as in I can't really delete them b/c they're actual friends) I just hide them. How is that a big fucking deal, it's not like they're able tofind out. *rolls eyes*
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2010, 07:09
& skull.
a third of my friends on facebook are hidden because it's easier to ignore their retarded shit than have them bitch at me for removing them.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2010, 07:11
love♥nik
I hide all annoying friends, all fucking mafia, farmville, w/e other shit that gets thrown at me and if even a good friend is constantly posting annoying statuses, I hide them. But in their defense, I've never had to hide a single good friend, either IRL or online. :D It's the damn acquaintances that do all the annoying shit.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2010, 07:22
& skull.
same. all my good friends don't usually indulge in the crappy games or tmi/lame/annoying statuses.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2010, 07:24
love♥nik
Exactly. I try to make my statuses somewhat interesting or what fun thing I'm doing... not "going to bed. I LOVE MY BF/GF THEY'RE SO PRETTY LOVING BLAH BLAH BLAH." And I try not to do more than one or two statuses a day b/c really... if you're constantly updating your status that annoys the shit out of me and that'll get you hidden quicker than you could.... I can't think of a good metaphor. XD Shit like that is for twitter. Idk why exactly it's ok on twitter and not on facebook but it is. XD
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2010, 07:39
& skull.
i'm well aware my statuses are probably boring, but at least i'm not having fights over statuses or getting all gooey with my significant other. lol.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends