Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Pet Peeves.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Mar 2010, 22:28
~RedFraggle~
You do realise you anwered your own question, right? You already know that Northern iIeland and Scotland are part of the UK (and not part of England)... so how can the British government be the same as an English government?

The British government governs the UK (the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, although GB and UK are pretty much used interchangably), that is England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. There is NO English government, because it is just one part of the UK (although Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland do now all have their own parliaments with limited powers in areas such as health and education, but they are ultimately still controlled by the British government in London. It's a bit like state powers and federal powers I'd guess, although not to the same extent).
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 04:20
love♥nik
xD Yeah. I went back in the morning (I wrote that on very little sleep over the weekend and I babble when I have little sleep xD) and was like, I... answered my own question. Lovely. Why is there no delete button again?! XD

No sleep Nikky makes for a bit stupid Nikky. XD
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2010, 18:05
Beautiful Lies
Mine are mostly grammar related. Some great examples of things that make my eyes bleed when I see them (or my ears bleed when I hear them) are:

-When someone says, "I seen [insert pointless babble here]." NO. You fucking "SAW" it. For Christ's sake. Is it really so hard?
- When people use the word 'good' instead of 'well.' For example I saw something the other day that said, "I wonder if that works real good" First of all, punctuation is pleasant. Second of all... how does that even SOUND right? Seriously... Sometimes when I'm helping out as a cashier the guest will ask me how I'm doing. I'll say, "I'm well, thanks." People look at me like I'm a fucking alien when I say that and one person actually said, "Oh, wow. Someone that says it correctly." THAT made my day!
- People that don't understand the difference between "May" and "Can." I learned this early on in elementary school. When I would mistakenly ask my teacher, "Can I go to the bathroom?" She would chime back, "Well I don't know. Can you?"
-People that write like they're sending a text message. I didn't realize that it was that hard to type correctly and not in retard speak. I know, I know...it's really hard to spell out "to" or "you." It's clearly easier and more efficient to type "u" and "2."

Bah, I must head to work now, I'm sure I'll think of more later :).
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2010, 22:24
*Forever Changing*
I hate text type. I dont even text type when I am texting. To me, typing like that, even when you are texting makes you ignorant. I use commas, apostrophes, and punctuation in all my texts. Its really not that hard.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2010, 22:27
Transit
I do as well, my friend Tammy always sends me text in text speak, normally I can barely read it!
0 likes [|reply]
15 Mar 2010, 23:29
Lauren.
Haha, I do too! My friends always make fun of me, but I spell out words correctly and use correct punctuation in text messages.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 04:24
Jessica [Private]
I don't get why more people don't do that.
It's so easy to type out full words now!

T9, QWERTY Keypads. SureType on BBs. I mean come on!
It's not even difficult anymore!
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2010, 07:13
love♥nik
.... W/ regular phones (no qwerty) I can NOT figure out T9. Ever. Not once. It never spells words I know.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2010, 07:13
love♥nik
Bad. I meat *need. I'm tired and my back hurts from holding my camera up for so long @ the concert. XD
0 likes [|reply]
23 Mar 2010, 05:56
[mandie knickers]
I meat? haha. I know what you meant, boo, I just felt like being a bitch. haha. LOVE YOU! ;D
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2010, 22:30
love♥nik
Oh god. "Works real good." That just SOUNDS wrong. Thankfully I don't see that often.

Text speak I get when someone's texting and doesn't necessarily have a qwerty phone. When you have a full out keyboard?!?! Um. No. Although I do admit to writing tmrw, imo, and Idk fairly often. XD
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2010, 22:42
*Forever Changing*
I do IMO, JMO, and IDK, but its cause it actually saves me a lot of room on my messages, but 2, come on is it that hard to write to lol.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 07:43
jessi bear(:
i use 'idk' occasionally and i use 'bc' but that's it.. it may take them less time to type when they write like retards but it takes me a hell of a lot longer to read and if you can't text me without abbreviating every other word then call me, because i won't be texting back!
0 likes [|reply]
15 Mar 2010, 06:05
Beautiful Lies
I send text messages using full sentences, capitalization and punctuation... I also don't have one of those goddamn keyboard phone things either. I think they're the most ridiculous thing on the planet (mainly because I think people use their cell phones for entirely too much shit nowadays).

Which reminds me of another thing I hate... people that say "texted." IT'S NOT A WORD (and in my opinion should never ever be a word). It is horrible English. Also, before you all go apeshit on dictionary.com so that you can prove me wrong, let me explain something to you... I don't care what dictionary.com says. Saying, "She texted me when she arrived" sounds absolutely horrid. Why not say, "She sent me a text when she arrived." I mean, is it that much harder? The latter sentence sounds so much better. I just hate when we turn words that are not used as verbs...into verbs (fucking slang words). It all started with "google."

...and scene.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Mar 2010, 00:45
lithium layouts.
I feel differently. xD I love it how some words are being verbalised. xD I like watching the English language evolve, based on the evolution of technology around us.

Sometimes I even say 'I'm bussing it to uni today' instead of I'm catching the bus to uni today'.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2010, 22:02
dont.mess.with.momma
intolerant bitches who whine bout babies bein' noisy. fuck, they're kids, they got spirit, they can make whatever the fuck noise they like, hun.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2010, 22:31
*Forever Changing*
There is a difference between having spirit and having a plain old rude and disrespectful child. I have a four year old and an almost three year old, I completely keep my children under control in public, they are not screaming like wild animals. They speak like a civilized person, really its not too much to ask. I dont want to hear any child screaming, yelling, or throwing a fit, if I dont accept it from my own children what makes you think I would accept it from some random child in a public place.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2010, 22:42
dont.mess.with.momma
if you wanna suppress your kids then go right ahead, miss tightass, but dont be tellin' me what to do with mine. my kids'll be rulin' over your kids in 20 yrs.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2010, 22:46
*Forever Changing*
Hahaha, wow, you come back to bloop one day and here you are thinking you are queen shit. My kids arent supressed. My kids are well behaved, there is a huge difference. My children were taught to be respectful, and to not be rude little jerks. I know its hard to grasp when obviously you are probably more immature then your own children. Really its okay, live in your delusions, at least I can happily know my children arent looked at in public as disrespectful little brats.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2010, 22:49
dont.mess.with.momma
i don't think i'm queen hun. i know it.

& srsly, what makes you think i give a shit bout your plebian kids?
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2010, 22:54
*Forever Changing*
You dont have to care about my kids honey, my kids are loved and cared about more then enough.

You obviously have this complex that makes you come online and spout bullshit, because seriously thats all I have heard from you since you came back. Obviously you dont have enough going on in your own life you have to come on here and make waves, well at least bloop wont be boring anymore. But dont think for one second you scare, intimidate, or worry anyone with your cyber-warrior complex.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2010, 23:01
dont.mess.with.momma
you keep sayin' that, and maybe you'll convince yourself, hun.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Mar 2010, 06:27
Chris
lol Who are you?
0 likes [|reply]
15 Mar 2010, 12:00
dont.mess.with.momma
yeah right. you expect me to tell you my name when your anonymous. i don't think so hun. i'm momma is all you need to know.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Mar 2010, 14:01
Chris
lol I didn't actually mean it like I cared. It was more of a suggestion that you're not famous, nobody cares about you or your kids named after macaroni, and you come off like a bitch.

*shrug*
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends