Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Thread Graveyard
I just have a question.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Jan 2011, 20:38
Jessica [Private]
@noo: Lol it's definitely not a degree. I highly doubt she has two finished degrees. Maybe one, if like, they did an accelerated program and went all summer to school or something.

I say she just switched majors, and thinks that because she was in the major she got an "undergrad" degree.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Jan 2011, 20:44
love♥nik
@Joob exactly. I saw that wording and if it was anyone else I would give them the benefit of the doubt and say it was a typo but normally w/ trolls, it's not.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Jan 2011, 20:45
kein mitleid
@love: It's also called an undergraduate degree, sometimes. I've heard BS/BA and Associate degrees lumped together as "undergraduate" degrees, simply because they lump Masters and Doctorates together as graduate degrees. I agree, though, it's nigh impossible to get an undergraduate degree in seven months. The paperwork and red tape alone require at least six of those months.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Jan 2011, 20:49
love♥nik
@kein I've also heard BS/BA but I've never heard an Associates lumped w/ the BA (how I normally say it). Like normally I've heard Associates normally take 2 years and a BA takes up to 4 while Masters is 2 and doctoral is 4. I've never heard a masters and doctorates grouped together... hm. I'll have to look into that (although I know that some places you can get a masters degree in 1 year b/c a few friends of mine did that but it was also in sports physiology so Idk; that doesn't make sense to me either).

But yeah, I'm fucking graduating in Dec (hopefully, knock on wood) and the graduation application dates are so far ahead of when I'm actually graduating that I'm like, WTF leave me alone I don't wanna deal w/ you. XD So a degree in 7 months? 3 months? 4 months? Someone please show me some proof. xD
0 likes [|reply]
20 Jan 2011, 20:52
kein mitleid
@love: Doctoral takes 4 if you're lucky. The median is 5 years, and many people take longer than that. It took me almost exactly 5 years to finish mine, a few of my friends took 6. Research takes a while to complete, and the first two years are basically a wash, since you're taking classes and teaching for the most part, and you don't get a whole lot of research done. You really need at least 2 years of solid research to get enough good content for your dissertation.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Jan 2011, 20:54
love♥nik
@kein exactly. 4 was my bare min. to get a doctorate. I'm thinking of grad school and possibly doctorate and all of that just makes my head swim. I took a year off of undergrad so it's taken me 5 years to graduate instead of the normal 4. Just the simple time and red tape it takes to get a degree is what makes this whole argument so ridiculous. It's not just semantics, it's the physical time and bureaucracy that one needs to go through to get a degree.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Jan 2011, 21:02
kein mitleid
@love: Haha, while 4 might be the bare minimum, 10 is the absolute maximum (at least where I went). If you're not done in 10 years, seeya!
0 likes [|reply]
20 Jan 2011, 23:52
love♥nik
@kein srsly?! They kick you out?! DAMN. xD I mean, 10 years is a long time but still, it's a doctorate degree! XD
0 likes [|reply]
20 Jan 2011, 15:48
Music God CJ Plain
@Nellie...Hey Sailor, you might want to learn to spell BACHELORS before you go claiming to have one.

And just so you know...A Bachelors is a FOUR YEAR degree. You claim to be finishing it in SEVEN MONTHS? I call BULLSHIT!
0 likes [|reply]
20 Jan 2011, 15:57
foreverglow
LOL!
0 likes [|reply]
20 Jan 2011, 18:40
Jessica [Private]
@MGoB: This shit right here.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Jan 2011, 20:19
Chris
DIS SHIT RIGHT HEAR NIGGA

DIS SHIT RIGHT HERE IS CALLED DEF

"You mean ima hit this and DIE"

NOT DEF, NIGGA, DEF, YOU HIT THIS YOU CAN'T HEAR SHIT
0 likes [|reply]
20 Jan 2011, 20:33
Jessica [Private]
0 likes [|reply]
20 Jan 2011, 20:47
Chris
@Jess: That Dr. Pepper that was just in my mouth?

It's all over my monitor.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Jan 2011, 20:49
Jessica [Private]
Damn, sucks to be your monitor :P
0 likes [|reply]
21 Jan 2011, 03:00
Makayla
@ Anonymous Source: Katt Williams!
0 likes [|reply]
20 Jan 2011, 20:34
love♥nik
@Music: no no. In 3 months. Not 7. I mean I'm not stupid but I'm not insane smart either but dddaaaaamn. Maybe she has a time turner like Hermione?
0 likes [|reply]
20 Jan 2011, 20:45
love♥nik
@MG well to be fair you can get it done faster than four years (or if you're like me, in 5-6 xD haha), but a bachelor's degree in less than a semester? I'm still laughing. XD
0 likes [|reply]
20 Jan 2011, 20:48
Chris
@Nik: In all honesty, when she first said "undergraduate degree," I figured she had an associate's in something, which is technically an undergrad degree.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Jan 2011, 20:50
love♥nik
@Anon I'll give you that; I normally think a BA when I hear "degree" so that's my assumption.

Are you having any problems w/ the replies?! This whole thing is wonky even when I go "go to reply" from my inbox. And it's very hard to follow the flow of conversations.
0 likes [|reply]
21 Jan 2011, 01:38
Music God CJ Plain
@Nik: Oh, I know. I've Seen a B.S. get done in 2 years...but that was by an insanely smart dedicated person. To do it in LESS than a full year is just bullshit. I've got a A.S. in Journalism and can read 700 WPM and it STILL took me the whole 2 years to get it.
0 likes [|reply]
21 Jan 2011, 00:22
~RedFraggle~
How can you POSSIBLY do a whole degree in 4 months? That's ridiculous. A psychology degree takes 3 - 4 years to obtain.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jan 2011, 12:55
~RedFraggle~
@Nellie: alas, since you blocked me, I cannot respond to the comment you left on my diary regarding your "degrees" so I shall have to reply to you here. I looked at Columbia College's website and even THEY only list ONE degree in psychology and that is Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. From what I can gather your other psych course was an intro course (which is NOT the same as pre-law, and as such there is no psych course listed on the page on pre-courses). It is NOT a degree. Because you cannot do a degree in 4 months! Furthermore, their website actually states that their degrees are with the aim of completing within 4 years. Not months!
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jan 2011, 19:15
Jessica [Private]
@RedFraggle: in her diary she claimed that she could obtain a Bachelors AND a Masters through her high school curriculum, and she chose to only do her "Batchlors [sic]" and is now getting her masters.

She also said that her mom got her master's in psychology through Webster. Webster doesn't even have a psychology masters program. She linked me to some shady 'universities.com' that said they had it, when the official webster website didn't even list that program ;D

I call troll.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jan 2011, 21:25
Emily the Strange
@Jessica: I was commenting with her, as well, and have to admit- I'm kind of disappointed. I wish when these things happened people would just fess up and let it blow over instead of digging in deeper. It just causes more frustration and more drama.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends