Search
Not Logged In
Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Bloop Drama
Please take care on social networking sites!!!!
0 likes [|reply]
17 May 2010, 09:33
lithium layouts.
Try to think of her as your sister, then.
0 likes [|reply]
17 May 2010, 15:32
ღPhoenix
Honestly, i'd be horribly worried if my sister was that much of a moron. Its sad that they lost their daughter at 18, BUT she put herself in a situation where she MIGHT not make it out alive. If that didnt even cross her mind then i have to question why it didnt. If it DID cross her mind but she went ANYWAY, i have to wonder why in the hell she went anyway. Meeting people off the internet is ALWAYS risky, and if you go into it lightly (as apparently she did) you are bound to get hurt! Its called common sense... and its sad that she didnt seem to have any. She opted to go meet "2 men" in a wooded area, 2 men she didnt know if they were sweet and charming or complete axe murderers. Did she deserve to die for her choice? no. Is it sad she had to suffer that fate? Yeah. Does it make me anymore sympathetic that she died at the hand of 2 crazy men she went on a camping trip with after meeting them on the internet? not in the slightest.
0 likes [|reply]
17 May 2010, 15:56
Tommy Decentralized
why is all of your focus on the victim, that you blame. and you excuse the killer completely. The killer was in the wrong. not her. focus on the killer. not the victim.

Yes, the commonsense was it wasn't such a wise choice for her to make, everyone knows that. but some idiots just go on and on about how dumb she was.

whilst ignoring how retarded the killers family and friends are for not stopping some manic until he did kill someone.
0 likes [|reply]
17 May 2010, 16:38
ღPhoenix
seriously, i thought it went without saying that this dude was seriously mental.

How are the killers family/friends retards? Not everyone that kills people show signs of being screwed up. Not everyone gives warning signs to what they are capeable of.

I commented on the chicks lack of common sense, because lithium had said "try to think of her as your sister then" not because i think the killer is blameless in this whole thing, or because i some how think she's more to blame than the psycho dude. there was a statement, directed at me, so i commented.

0 likes [|reply]
17 May 2010, 17:53
Tommy Decentralized
I just find it odd that we blame her. That we like to think of ourselves as better than some stupid bitch that was dumb enough to get herself killed.

One takes risks in life, no matter how calculated te risk is, it's still there. You may know someone for years, and you date them, and things get ugly and a date rape occurs, followed by a possible murder. That happens even with a calculated risk.
But if you do not take some sort of risks, preferably calculated ones, then you will be alone forever, bec you were to scared to take a chance, knowing that even the most calculated risk, may lead to death.

Now what if these two hit it off, and lived happily ever after. Hindsight would be the same, it wasn't the smartest thing to do, but in this scenario it worked out great. Happens all the time. Unfortunately industrialized civilization breed an uncanny amount of killers. If we're to ever get at this root cause, we should examine this charade of class. Whereas success is measure by hoarding, money, resources, property, in a world of abundance.
0 likes [|reply]
17 May 2010, 18:03
~RedFraggle~
So if it WAS your sister who made that stupid mistake, you wouldn't feel sad for her?
0 likes [|reply]
17 May 2010, 18:42
ღPhoenix
I'd feel sad that my sister was gone, sure. I'm not so cold hearted that if my sister were to die (in any way shape or form) i would be callous because of how it happened. If she were to die like this poor girl did, would i question her judgement, her common sense (or lack there of) and the overall what the fuckery of this whole situation? You bet ya. would i think she made a hugely STUPID choice? Totally.

my whole angle on this story is is it sad she died? sure. She was 18 years old, had her whole life ahead of her! But with the situation leading up to her death, and surrounding her death make people feel less sympathy for her. It wasnt a "in the wrong place at the wrong time mistake" it was a situation she went into willingly and it ended poorly.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 02:47
KerriBlue
*replies to thread in fear of upsetting anyone*

I think what happened with her is incredibly unforunate and distressing. I feel sorry for her family having to deal with the loss of their daughter/sister/etc. I'm shocked at what happened and I'm sad that things turned out the way they did - you always wish for a news report to say "They found the person alive and well". So Yes, I feel symapathy for the victim and her family.

On the flipside, it was incredibly careless of her to go out to meet a person she didn't know. I mean - there's a few people I talk to that I've never met, and I've spoken to them for years - regardless of how well I think I know them, I'm not going to meet them in a secluded area or in an area where there aren't alot of people or people who could assist me if something bad happens. I think she had a serious lack in judgement and it was a careless act. I mean like the title of this post says, take care of networking sites, if you want to go meet someone, you felt you've gotten to know them online and you think it'll be fine to meet up with them, then by all means go right ahead - but make sure you have control of the environment, make sure you know where you are, keep your phone on you and make it a public place.

I remember meeting someone when I was 15 (huge regret but for a whole other reason), If i could go back I probably wouldn't do it again (aganin - mainly because I had stupid taste in guys back then) but even so. I met him in a public place - there were PLENTY of people around (it was the beach) oh..and I had like 4 of my best friends with me - I mean it's not uncommon for a psycho to kill more than one person - but I don't think a psycho would be that well prepared for a group to show up hehe.

But my point is, it's sad what happened, my thoughts are with her family - but this should be a lesson to anyone who wants to go meet up with people they meet online - take care - think it through and be prepared.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 03:17
.Blue Bella.
This is a really sad outcome. That poor girls family have to live with this. And to think of the lack of compassion.

Yes, what she did was stupid and naive. It was irresponsible and it screamed trouble. But she did not deserve to die for it.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 05:42
Toffee Sprinkles
Maybe she was lonely or desperate for attention. Maybe she just wanted to get away from her parents or something. But honestly, she probably would've been better off camping in the woods by herself. I don't care if she was "only" 18 -- she should've had enough sense to think about what could happen if she was spending the night in a tent with two grown men that she'd never met before!

She made a stupid decision, and now her family has to suffer. I think the whole situation is really sad, and I think it's even more sad that even though this story is all over the news and internet, people are still going to make bad choices about meeting someone from the internet.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 07:51
kiiity
YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES. SOME OF U HAVE MADE ME THROW UP literally!!!!!!

This came up on the first page of a google search of this girls name and I have just joined to be able to comment. After I threw up that is. I am sick by how judgemental and disgusting you
I am from Sydney where this happened. Your puny little article does not give all the facts. The police haven't even fully revealed what really happened to her body. If you search and read articles from 'The Australian' you will see this was an elaborate rouse where this man met her several times and went to her house and met her parents pretending to hire Nona for an animal welfare job.
And before you say you didn't know that you were just commenting on what you read...WHO THE HELL CARES... COMMENT ON THE PIG THAT COMMITTED MURDER. It is never Ok to judge a young woman who has just been murdered for her body and comment on a public forum, especially one that is locked and is showing up so high in google for her family to see.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 07:53
kiiity
last line meant NOT locked
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 09:26
~*Pagan*~
Just so you know Kitty...I agree with you..I am apalled at some of the comments here.

My heartfelt sympathies go to this young ladies family.

I posted the article as a warning...not for disrespect.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 10:05
~RedFraggle~
It's not coming up on Google when I search for her name. But I agree with you. I've never said this before, but I'm ashamed of Bloop... comments like "good riddance", "she's retarded" and "I have about 2% sympathy" aimed towards a girl who has been murdered are amongst the most cruel things I have ever seen on here, and I am disgusted too.

And for the sake of others, I am posting an article which explains a bit more about why she met this man. She sounds naive to me, and it was still a stupid thing to do, but she believed it was going to get her her dream job. And she was brutally murdered for her naivity. She didn't deserve that, and she deserves some sympathy.

Times Online
Australian Man Charged with Facebook Murder

An Australian man has been charged with murder after allegedly befriending a teenager via the social networking site Facebook then luring her to her death .

Christopher James Dannevig, 20, allegedly set up a fake identity on Facebook, claiming to work for the New South Wales Information Rescue and Education Service (WIRES) and offered Ms Belomesoff a job working with the organisation. He enticed the 18-year-old girl to isolated bushland south of Sydney, telling her they were going on an overnight camping trip with another WIRES worker. But instead of spending the evening looking for injured animals, as Ms Belomesoff believed, she was murdered, and her body dumped in a creek bed where it was found last Friday.

As Mr Dannevig faced court in Sydney, his family spoke of their devastation at how the teenager’s love of animals led to her death. Her brother Gary, 20, said she had been delighted when Mr Dannevig offered her work experience at WIRES. “He said he worked (for WIRES) and he could get her a job,” Mr Belomesoff said. ‘’She loved animals and saw this as an opportunity to follow her dream.’’

Mr Belomesoff said Mr Dannevig told her they would join another animal worker on an overnight camping trip to research animal habitats. ‘’She said she was going camping to look for injured animals,’’ Mr Belomesoff said. ‘’Nona said if she didn’t go she would lose her job and this job was her dream. So she just went and that was the last time we saw her.’’

Police believe Ms Dannevig used the fake identity Jason Green to lure Ms Belemesoff to the nature reserve. Jason Green’s Facebook site says: “im jason and i have the best job in the world looking after and careing for injured and sick animals’.

Two days after Ms Belomesoff went missing, Mr Dannevig posted a comment on her Facebook site saying: “RIP Nona in the arms of angels”, the teenager’s friends told The Sydney Sunday Telegraph

Ms Belomesoff had allegedly arranged to meet Mr Dannevig at Leumeah railway station, 30 miles south of central Sydney, on Wednesday morning. When she hadn’t returned as planned on Thursday morning the family contacted police. The family also reportedly called WIRES but were told the organisation had not heard of Mr Dannevig and did not hold overnight training camps in the bush.

Homicide Squad team leader Detective Inspector Russell Oxford said that Ms Belemasoff and Mr Dannevig communicated through Facebook over a few weeks to plan the trip. ‘’She had been talking to somebody on the site and they made promises about getting her involved in the animal protection area,’’ he said. Detective Oxford told the Sunday Telegraph that Ms Belomesoff loved animals and might have thought she was attending an overnight training camp on how to care for wildlife. “That was part of the story to encourage her to go out there,” he said. “It was a bogus ruse to get her out there.”

Mr Oxford could not give a cause of Ms Belomesoff’s death or reveal any details of her injuries but he said her body was found fully clothed.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 20:25
~*Pagan*~
thankyou...I only posted what was online at the time and more as a warning than anything else.

and the source i used is usually fairly reliable.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 23:17
& skull.
oh it's THIS case. yeah i still stand by what i said. i mean, don't people just have a sense about something being off, even before they meet? or am i just more distrustful than most people?
0 likes [|reply]
17 May 2010, 21:50
love♥nik
I'm w/ you there Ev. I wanna meet you and Babz, I think it'd be fucking awesome but I've known you for years and Babz now for at least a year and I still would meet up w/ you guys in a public place. I wouldn't be telling you all, HEY! Fly down here and come to my house! Ring my doorbell! At least you I've heard your voice. Babz could be this HUGE set up of a perv man pretending to be a woman. XD I don't think that but hey, it's been done. XD Idk, I've always been more wary and paranoid than might be healthy, but it's kept me safe for 23 years.
0 likes [|reply]
18 May 2010, 21:05
& skull.
yeah i'm always cautious when i meet people. when i was younger, like 16, i only knew one of my friend's brothers via chatting online and he wanted to catch a movie, but i told my parents, had my dad drive me and wait till he was there even though i knew he was a real person lol.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 22:07
Chris
SOME OF U HAVE MADE ME THROW UP literally!!!!!!

lol
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 15:12
Chris
Another point I'd like to make -- If someone posts a news story on a forum dedicated to discussion, why shouldn't I be allowed to make judgments and form an opinion based on what's written in the article. That's why it's there. Someone posts an article, and we discuss it. If you're really going to bitch and complain that "OMG YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT REALLY HAPPENED!" then I believe you're in the wrong place.

tl;dr: You're in a forum for discussing news. If people discussing news is a pet peeve of yours, then don't post here.

(ETA: It SHOULD be in the news forum, anyway.)

I believe I have enough facts from this article to form my own opinion. If the article's wrong, that's poor journalism, not poor opinion-forming or whatever-the-fuck you want to call it.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 15:56
.miss.raditude.
BURN!
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 21:16
~RedFraggle~
I don't believe anyone said you weren't entitled to your own opinions. Just as we are entitled to the opinion that YOUR opinions are callous and heartless. :P You're still entitled to have them though.

I have posted an article which gives more information above.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 22:06
Chris
I don't mind so much about what people think about my opinions. I think it's great people are voicing their opinions in this thread.

It was more the fact that people were bitching about even commenting at all.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 21:17
~RedFraggle~
Anyway, I feel you and I are back in the same ground that we were on when discussing suicide not so long ago. I think I just have more sympathy and compassion for others than you do, and maybe my job, and my observations of death, suffering, grief and suicide have something to do with that.
0 likes [|reply]
17 May 2010, 21:52
love♥nik
It's nice seeing you and Anon. having pretty much opposing opinions in a subject and it doesn't revert to simple trolling like some in earlier pages. ^____^
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends