Search
Not Logged In
Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Bloop Drama
Please take care on social networking sites!!!!
0 likes [|reply]
15 May 2010, 23:25
lithium layouts.
I agree. People saying 'she had it coming' and 'my sympathy level is 2%' is a wee bit harsh.

No one deserves to die. Well, at least, we mere humans cannot make that judgement call.

And sympathy is very much deserved in this case. She was young. She didn't think it through. She was most likely lied to, misled, and went along with it without knowing any better. And she died. A young life snuffed out like that. Think of what would have laid before her. Think of her family, her friends, her school. Think of the college she'd never go to, the job she'd never work in, the husband she'd never meet, the children she'd never raise. Still feeling snarky?
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 01:20
Greta Garbage
Bloop Community Organizer
Thank you. You said it better than I did!
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 14:57
Chris
But she KNEW it was wrong. She lied to her parents about where she was going. It's not like she hasn't been exposed to all kinds of shit about being safe on the internet.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 14:58
lithium layouts.
Doesn't matter (to me). Doesn't mean she had to die. Doesn't mean I don't feel sorry for her and her family for such a tragic loss.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 15:04
Chris
I didn't say she deserved to die, though - that's the point I've been trying to make throughout the entire thread. When you do stupid shit like she did, this is to be expected. She's just another statistic in the huge list of examples now.

THAT'S the tragedy. That there are hundreds of thousands of people that wound up dead since 1990 because of situations exactly like this. So you push ads, awareness, PSAs all down the throats of kids, teenagers, and adults, and the list has no intention of slowing its growth, because people just lack common sense.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 15:06
lithium layouts.
I acknowledge that no one has said that she deserved to die, and I didn't make that claim (sorry if it came across that way). I'm just saying that some of the posts here tend to not exactly radiate large amounts of sympathy for the girl and her family. I think it's important to not forget that while she's one in many a huge list of statistics, she was hugely important to her family and their whole world is now in pieces because of it.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 15:03
lithium layouts.
I mean yes, of course it was reckless and stupid and idiotic, and had she returned home safely then her parents would have fluctuated between being absolutely pissed and irate at her and repeatedly hugging her because they're glad that she's safe.

At best, this can serve as a warning to others thinking about doing the same thing.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 15:04
Chris
My thoughts exactly.
0 likes [|reply]
15 May 2010, 18:31
♥ jes
I don't think I'd meet with anyone online. Maybe people from bloop, but it'd have to be some where I'm familiar with & I'd have my boyfriend or guy friends with me, lol.

Maybe she was lonely, but one website claims that the two men were a 20 year old & a 30 year old.

" Police say they have spoken to the 20-year-old man, who told investigators he did not meet Nona.

"The person who’s been spoken to is denying [meeting Nona] and we don’t have any other evidence to suggest that it’s taken place," acting Inspector Collins said.

Police have not been able to reach the 30-year-old and could not say today whether his Facebook profile was genuine.

It is not known how long ago Nona befriended the men on Facebook. "

Another thing, she TOLD her family she was meeting these two men. Maybe they didn't know that she had met them online, but if they did, I'm sure they feel like shit for letting her go.

A lot of other websites still report her as missing.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 05:30
Toffee Sprinkles
I've only read the article that the OP shared, but it said her family thought she was camping with work friends. If that's the case, she lied to her parents about who she was going with (probably because she knew they wouldn't let her go if she told them the truth).
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 15:48
♥ jes
Every website has a different story. :/ I just don't understand some peoples way of thinking.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 15:05
Chris
No, she TOLD her family she was meeting people from work.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 21:13
~RedFraggle~
She was. At least she believed she was meeting someone who was hiring her for a job. She didn't lie.
0 likes [|reply]
17 May 2010, 02:47
Toffee Sprinkles
Really??? There are so many different stories that it's almost impossible to keep up with them all. Even when I was 18, I don't think I would've thought it was appropriate to go camping with strange men who wanted to hire me for a job.

This is such a sad story with a very tragic ending.
0 likes [|reply]
15 May 2010, 20:33
~*Pagan*~
Its been comfirmed that there was only one man, and that she is definately dead.

And Greta, I agree with you. I am a stunned by the lack of compassion shown by people. She DID make a mistake but she paid the ultimate price for it. and that is very tragic.
0 likes [|reply]
15 May 2010, 21:34
Hidden Depths
I'm glad that the compassionate outweigh the ignorant (or maybe just the high-and-mighty) here on bloop. It's what I like about our community, here.
0 likes [|reply]
15 May 2010, 22:43
Chris
I need to make a statement here -- I haven't said that she deserved to die. This is the same problem with semantics we had with the other thread about deserving STDs. Nobody deserves to die or have anything tragic happen to them due to the stupid decisions they've mad. You know, it's sad and everything, and the dude that did it was a sick guy, and he deserves to go to jail for the rest of his life, but... I find it hard to feel sorry for the girl who that goes into the woods with people she's never met before. It's not like being careful with people you meet on the internet is a new concept.

Yes, this is tragic, whatever, but this was one of the stupidest decisions she's ever made in her life, and it ended her lfie.
0 likes [|reply]
15 May 2010, 23:26
jodi
i agree completely.

also..you can choose who you add on facebook and myspace. you can choose the information you share. it's your own fault if you add someone that you don't know. i never add anyone i don't know -- that's stupid.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 00:25
♥Mars.Foxx
its really easy to say "stupid people should be hurt" or something to the effect, i think all of us have said something like that with out thinking. what she did was stupid, but you have to remember she was someones daughter, she was just 18, starting her life, she is going to be missed in the worst way. Her parents have to think about how she was killed and how she was alone with someone she didn't know and probably scared. i don't even have kids and that is heart breaking. so while people who make stupid mistake definitely should learn from them, this isn't how, and its her family now that is being punished.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 01:59
ღPhoenix
its sad that she died, and i feel sorry for her family... but come on. This chick didnt use one ounce of common sense.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 10:12
~RedFraggle~
No-one is disputing that what she did was stupid. We are simply pointing out that the fact she made a mistake shouldn't mean she is unworthy of any sympathy.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 15:08
lithium layouts.
This is what I've been trying to say. =)
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 16:39
ღPhoenix
i guess im bad in the fact i just cant manage to give a shit. She's a moron. She died, not saying she deserved to die, cause honestly, no one deserves to die... but i cant muster up sympathy for someone who put herself in a situation where she might NOT return from.
0 likes [|reply]
16 May 2010, 21:14
~RedFraggle~
Well, I think it's sad that you lack that compassion. But then there are some callous people in this world, so it doesn't entirely surprise me.
0 likes [|reply]
17 May 2010, 03:38
.miss.raditude.
Agreed.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends