Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Thread Graveyard
More to love!?
0 likes [|reply]
14 Jun 2009, 06:41
~RedFraggle~
She's talking about UK sizes. A UK size 12/14/16 is the same as a US 8/10/12.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Jun 2009, 07:52
.love.struck.
I don't know what your talking about. I'm basically saying that media and Hollywood makes people feel they are fat if they weigh more than 110 lbs. A size 12 in the US is normal but according to Hollywood standards, it makes them sound like they are huge when they aren't. I wasn't talking about UK sizes.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Jun 2009, 08:14
Transit
A size 12US is over weight, average/normal doesn't mean it is the healthy option.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Jun 2009, 08:57
Mary Magdelene
What I'm failing to understand is how you think a pants size indicates being overweight or not.

I once knew a 5'11" woman who wore a size 12. And frankly, she needed a little more meat on her. I also once knew a 5'0" woman who also wore a size 12. And yeah, she was overweight.

My point is that a PANTS SIZE does not indicate if the person is overweight or not. So stop referring to a size 12US (or whatever) as overweight, because that may not be the case. It's not the pants size that matters.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Jun 2009, 18:34
Immortal Shadows
I wear size 12 (US/Canada) pants, and I am in no way overweight. i just have big hips ;)
0 likes [|reply]
14 Jun 2009, 06:47
.Blue Bella.
People are perfectly capable of making conscious nutritional and exercise decisions without paying for nutritionists and trainers.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Jun 2009, 07:50
.love.struck.
Yes, I know that. I'm saying that it is expensive.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Jun 2009, 07:59
Mary Magdelene
I don't see how it's expensive if you're making the decisions yourself instead of paying someone to help you. You don't NEED a nutritionist to tell you how to eat healthy. You don't NEED a personal trainer to tell you how to exercise. The only thing nutritionists and trainers do is hold the hand of those who for some reason need their hands held. People need to stop being so damned co-dependent and take control of their own lives instead of feeling the need to hire someone else to take control for them.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Jun 2009, 08:00
Mary Magdelene
And it's NOT expensive to eat healthy. It's just less convenient.
And it's NOT expensive to exercise, unless you need the figurative hand-holding purchasing all that gym equipment advertised on TV. It doesn't take any money to get up off your butt and take a 15 minute walk.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Jun 2009, 08:06
.love.struck.
Woah, calm down! Geez. I said personal trainers and nutritionist are expensive. Yes, they add up. Some people have a hard time losing weight and have an issue finding the right foods. Sometimes a little help is necessary. I have a friend who eats healthy and works out, she has a very hard time losing weight. So she has a personal trainer to help her, educate her, and it has been working very well for her. Maybe you don't need it, I don't need one either, but sometimes that extra help is necessary. Oh and some people do need that helping hand, not everyone is as strong willed.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Jun 2009, 09:04
Mary Magdelene
First, don't tell me to calm down. There was no reason for it. I wasn't in any position to NEED to calm down. I was using emphasis.

Second, the problem most people seem to have is they don't do anything and don't do anything and don't do anything until they REALLY have to bust their butts to get something done, but then they STILL don't do anything because they think "Oh, I can't afford (fill in the blank) so I'm just not going to bother."

If someone has been trying and trying and things just aren't working so they need the help of a trainer or nutritionist, that's one thing. But most people can get at least part of the way there if they just take control of their own life and get up and do something. But they're always blaming it on not enough money or not enough time, when the best and smallest steps towards reaching a goal is just to get up and do SOMETHING.

0 likes [|reply]
14 Jun 2009, 09:21
.love.struck.
No you do need to calm down. Relax, it's a internet forum. I don't need emphasis to understand what your trying to say. I can understand it if you explain normally.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Jun 2009, 09:24
Mary Magdelene
So you know how I was feeling when I was typing that? Obviously not, or you would know you didn't need to tell me to calm down.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Jun 2009, 09:44
.love.struck.
No when I read it, I can hear screaming and yelling and how people are stupid to hire help. That is what I see when I read it. So adding that extra emphasis really isn't necessary. I can get what you say if you type in a discussion way. You have to remember that seeing the way you use words, caps, ect is different from real life. You can turn it in so many ways with extra emphasis.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Jun 2009, 09:52
Mary Magdelene
So four capitalized words constitutes screaming and yelling? Ok then. Guess I'll make sure to italicize next time instead.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Jun 2009, 11:21
Transit
Agreed.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Jun 2009, 08:01
Chris
Incorrect.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Jun 2009, 08:09
.love.struck.
Go read my reply and you will see what I am talking about.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Jun 2009, 15:39
Chris
It's a cop out. Personal trainers and plans weren't implied. You simply said "it's expensive."
0 likes [|reply]
13 Jun 2009, 19:48
Lady Elphaba
A woman needs to look like a woman and a beautiful woman isn't all skin and bones.

I disagree with people of a good, healthy weight thinking themselves fat. I'd prefer to have some fat than be a stick.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Jun 2009, 16:18
Eat Yellow Snow
CURVES ARE SEXY!!! *lol* Again, I agree with you. I would rather have some meat on my body than not. Curvy women are so pretty!!!
0 likes [|reply]
13 Jun 2009, 20:44
DecentralizedByGuilt
what is this? I'm fat, no I am! no you're not! I AM!!! you dont even know!!!!
0 likes [|reply]
14 Jun 2009, 00:59
.Blue Bella.
Now that I have done the conversion, I am a US size 12 (which is Australian size 16). I AM overweight. I am well over on the BMI scale, and I am heavy set. I am actually considered OBESE, however I don't see myself as obese, I see myself as overweight. This is not me having poor self esteem, or low body image (I have been down to an US 0)... the fact that I am at the size I am now, which is almost 200lbs, is having an effect on my health.

I cannot feel sorry for the original poster. Some people at this size do see that they are overweight. And maybe you are an incredibly large woman. And if you are, do something about it instead of acting like 'your fatness is better than someone elses fatness'. Medically speaking, I am obese (pregnancy aside before anyone goes "oh by you are pregnant", I am talking pre-pregnancy figures here). Physically speaking I am overweight. I will not begrudge anyone else of any size whether larger or smaller because they think they have it shit based on their size.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Jun 2009, 02:09
Aloha♥Nui Loa
I completely agree with you Genes..... although i'll probably be bashed for even reading or agreeing on this because i'm probably concidered a "stick" and "don't understand". The media has ruined womens self esteem and has given us false images of what is right and wrong. If there are girls who have fat on them, are bigger and are upset about it, why bash them when their self esteem is obviously ruined, as well. I could understand if someone like myself who is a size 3-5 were to go and complain, and everyone has their views and rights, but why bash on them just because they're not as big as you? That's not going to help them very much in their time of need. I could understand the frustrations you have, but they don't need to be so vulgar and rude . . . but then again, this is bloop lol anything goes.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Jun 2009, 04:46
valerieeeee
I agree with you on the vulgarity part. I'm having a hard time taking anything the author says seriously because she curses so much. That doesn't make your point any better.... it makes it harder to read, and harder to sympathize for you. I'm a size 14-16. I'm obese. Just because I may be smaller than you does not mean that I am not obese. The whole "women are made to have curves" statement is total crap. Thin women can have curves too. Curves does not mean rolls.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends