Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Bloop Drama
Calling All PUCK Haterz
0 likes [|reply]
23 May 2009, 19:31
~*Jodi*~
In an entry, she discussed her haterz - I said I didn't understand why so many people hated her. I joked about asking in the forums, which she said I should do so more of them would come out of the woodwork (LOL). So I did - that's why it's here & for no other reason.
0 likes [|reply]
23 May 2009, 20:05
Estella
HAHA - YES, YO! I NAUGHTILY ENCOURAGE PUCK-CENTRED THREADS! BUT ALAS, THE PUCK HATE IS STAYING IN THE WOODWORK, IT SEEMS. NOW THE TRENDY THING TO SAY IS 'I AM INDIFFERENT TO PUCK. SHE IS OVER-RATED'. HAHA - GOSH, YO. 'OVER-RATED' - AS IF I'M A NOVEL, LIKE TWILIGHT, WHICH HAS BEEN GETTING LOADS OF UNJUSTIFIED RAVE REVIEWS, RATHER THAN A PERSON WHOM SOME PEOPLE LIKE BECAUSE THEY HAVE FORMED A FRIENDSHIP WITH ME! ;D
0 likes [|reply]
26 May 2009, 18:10
love♥nik
Sadly they're all hidden!!! I think we've only had... 3? ppl say they honestly don't like her.... XD Where are all the hardcore ppl?!?! XD
0 likes [|reply]
23 May 2009, 20:20
Estella
SEVEN PAGES OF PUCK HATE, YO! I AM QUITE THE CELEBRITY! ;D
0 likes [|reply]
23 May 2009, 21:16
The Ryan
I can only dream about such notoriety, yo!!
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 08:28
.Blue Bella.
You need to write more in caps, and say yo WAY MORE OFTEN! Then you will be well on your way!! :D
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 15:21
Movies, UNL.
I will not say I hate Puck, because I do not know her. But I hate her all caps and the yo. I was taught that writing in all caps is shouting. Whether she thinks it is or not is irrelevant, that's what it means. Just like rofl means rolling on the floor laughing. She can say it means something else all she wants to, but that doesn't make it so. So I find her direct inability to understand what she's doing as a sign, or testament, to her ignorance (Ignorance: the state or fact of being ignorant; lack of knowledge, learning, information, etc.). She'll spout off words and make you think she knows what she's talking about, but she is much like Obama. She spouts crap that doesn't make sense and tries to appeal to everyone and in doing so, she doesn't seem to take a stance on anything. It's a wonder that she is as notorious as she is.

I don't find her abrasive, abrupt or direct. I find her ignorant of her own actions and of what she says, and how she says it, and what it means.

I dislike her yo because it is childish. However, there is no intellectual reason that I can think of against it. This is a personal opinion and should be taken as such.
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 15:22
Movies, UNL.
Also: I'm not the only one (by FAR I'm not) that knows that all caps means shouting. She is the only one that doesn't seem to be aware of it.
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 19:31
Estella
HAHA - OF COURSE I KNOW THAT THERE IS AN INTERNET CONVENTION WHICH STATES THAT CAPS IS SHOUTING. BUT THAT IS SOMETHING THAT PEOPLE INVENTED AND AGREED ON AS A MEANS OF COMMUNICATION AND INTERNET ETIQUETTE. IT IS QUITE POSSIBLE TO USE ALTERNATIVE MEANS OF COMMUNICATION IF YOU EXPLAIN WHAT YOU'RE DOING, YO! THE WHOLE POINT OF COMMUNICATION IS CONVEYING WHAT YOU INTEND.

FOR INSTANCE, YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN 'TAUGHT' THAT NODDING INSTEAD OF SAYING YES IS RUDE, BUT, LIKE, IF SOMEONE IS MUTE AND CAN'T SPEAK, THEN THEY WILL NOD AND FIND A WAY OF CONVEYING TO THOSE AROUND THEM THAT THEY ARE NOT MEANING IT RUDELY, AND THUS COMMUNICATION CAN HAPPEN QUITE SATISFACTORILY. SIMILARLY IF SOMEONE HAS A SPEECH DISORDER WHICH MAKES THEIR VOICE COME OUT VERY LOUDLY (AS CAN HAPPEN WITH PARKINSON'S DISEASE) THEN IT'S QUITE POSSIBLE FOR THEM TO CONVEY THAT THEIR 'SHOUTING' DOESN'T MEAN AGGRESSION.

AND OF COURSE, ANY ETIQUETTE CONVENTION VARIES FROM CULTURE TO CULTURE - AND EVEN ON THE INTERNET, THERE ARE VARIOUS SUBCULTURES, YO. THERE ARE PLENTY OF ETIQUETTE RULES YOU DON'T ADHERE TO YOURSELF, YO!

AND I WOULD DISAGREE WITH YOUR LAST SENTENCE. IF YOU HAVE NO REASON FOR THINKING THE YO IS CHILDISH, THIS CANNOT BE CALLED AN 'OPINION'. IT IS JUST A FEELING, YO. A REACTION. OPINIONS ARE BASED ON THOUGHT AND REASONING.
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 21:18
Movies, UNL.
See? There she goes again spewing crap. Trying to explain away her ignorance (however intentional it may be - it does, now, seem intentional that she ignores a well known fact).

I never said anything about etiquette. Nor did I mention mutes or anybody with a disorder. And, no, I never mentioned cultures either. So why do you bring these things up? I'll tell you why: to try and explain away your [feigned/intentional/optional/unintentional/whichever/any other reason] ignorance.

You can disagree if you like, that is your choice. However, it does not make it so. It is my opinion, because that is what I think. You obviously do not know what opinion means, so I will show you.

OPINION:
1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

There are others, but they pertain to the a professional or merital judgement, not of one's personal opinion on a matter of personal opinion (if that makes sense). This is a matter of personal opinion and needs no grounds to make it certain, nor any "reasoning" (meaning, I do not have to prove it to you or reason with you about it). Please re-adjust your personal definition to meet that of the actual definition.
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 21:21
Movies, UNL.
Also, I never said anything about a convention. I said that I was taught this and that I happen to know that a lot of people agree with me. "Convention" was never a word I used.
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 13:26
Estella
ER - YOU WERE TAUGHT IT BECAUSE IT IS A CONVENTION, YO! LIKE PEOPLE IN SOME COUNTRIES GET TAUGHT THAT IT IS POLITE TO BURP AFTER THEIR MEAL. GOSH, I CAN'T WORK OUT IF YOU ARE BEING PURPOSELY DENSE, OR IF YOU REALLY CAN'T UNDERSTAND LOGIC. YOUR NAUGHTY DRAGON WON'T BREED EITHER!
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 13:04
Estella
HAHA - NO, YOU DIDN'T MENTION THOSE BECAUSE YOU FAIL TO SEE BEYOND THE END OF YOUR NOSE, YO! ;D YOU DON'T TAKE WHAT YOU SAY TO ITS LOGICAL CONCLUSION. YOU SHOULD DEVELOP SOME LOGICAL THINKING SO YOU MAY SEE THE IMPLICATIONS OF WHAT YOU SAY.

AND YOU ALSO FAIL TO REALISE THAT THOSE DEFINITIONS OF OPINION USE WORDS THAT INDICATE USING SOME SORT OF REASONING. OF COURSE THERE IS NO CERTAINTY - ONE CAN REASON EITHER SIDE - BUT PERSONAL OPINION DOES MEAN THAT YOU USED SOME PERSONAL REASONING TO GET THERE. THE ETYMOLOGY OF THE WORD 'OPINION' IS FROM THE LATIN 'TO THINK'.

BUT NEVER MIND, YO - I DON'T HOLD YOUR LACK OF LOGIC AGAINST YOU. I TOTALLY NAMED A DRAGON AFTER YOU, YO! ;D
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 19:59
Super Logica
Err, can everyone stop using the word logic without involving me, yo!
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 21:28
Giggle
"I do not know her"

^^ That was pretty much the only accurate thing you said! :P
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 21:46
Movies, UNL.
How so? The fact that I was taught that all caps means shouting is accurate. Just as the fact that a lot of people agree with me is. Just as my opinion on her use of yo is accurate, since it is my opinion. So, please tell me - what about any of that is inaccurate?
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 21:55
Giggle
My point was that your description of her being ignorant and so on was totally inaccurate. As a person who's been reading her diary for so long now I know that if you actually looked beyond the YOs the caps and the silliness that seems to bother so many people, you're gonna see the highly intelligent person that she is. If you think she's "unable to understand what she's doing" then you're TOTALLY wrong!
0 likes [|reply]
26 May 2009, 18:14
love♥nik
Yes, all caps usually means shouting. I found it annoying as hell too until she told me WHY she was using them: it's easier for her to read. It's that simple. I don't even know her very well; we just talk randomly in the forums or I'll randomly click on her diary b/c of a title. If writing in all caps makes it easier for her to read, I certainly can't begrudge her that.

And if the yo annoys you, it's not surprising to me at least. Lots of ppl find it annoying. *shrug* The best way to not be annoyed is to just stay away. ^__^
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 21:50
Movies, UNL.
Oh, I'll respond in regards to the rest of my comment, seeing as how you'll probably attack it in your response.

I do find her inability to understand what she is saying as a seign, or testament, to her ignorance. You cannot argue that such a thing is inaccurate, because that is what I have found to be the case. You don't have to agree, and it doesn't even have to be right. All I said is that that is what I have found to be true. As I said, I do not know her, so one can conclude that my judgements and/or opinions are based on only what I do know of her..which isn't very much. I know that she types in all caps and uses yo, because that is what most people point out. I do not read her entries, and the only posts of hers I read are the ones she has written to me. Therefore, my opinions are accurate.
0 likes [|reply]
24 May 2009, 21:57
Giggle
Ok, that I understand. So you do admit that you're judging her based on very little. I think that if you actually knew her better you'd change your opinion =]
0 likes [|reply]
26 May 2009, 01:08
i blame mac
Dude, what's wrong with Obama?
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 13:58
The Ryan
I've met a lot of people during my years on Bloop and my years of life, yo! And Puck is up there with the greats. She is intelligent and logical and curious and witty. Unlike some who have replied to this thread! ;D
0 likes [|reply]
25 May 2009, 20:10
Super Logica
STOP SAYING LOGICAL!

[I am using my caps lock angrily yo!]
0 likes [|reply]
26 May 2009, 18:14
love♥nik
Hahaha!

But now you're being illogical! XD
0 likes [|reply]
26 May 2009, 14:20