Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Teenager commits suicide after bullying "campaig
0 likes [|reply]
7 Apr 2010, 20:22
J♥me
Okay, being that you have military experience, you should know that feelings don't mean crap in boot camp. They beat you down to nothing, until they can build you back up. It sucks, but it's the reality in BCT/BMT/ETC. I completely see where Music God is coming from. I've been in for almost 3 years, and we don't bully people, it's strictly BMT (well, i guess that depends on who you work with/for), but it's what needs to happen early on to weed out the dirtbags who have the most potential to get you killed. I don't see it as acting like an animal. It's training.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Apr 2010, 20:24
J♥me
Definitely didn't realize how many pages there were on this. (shows how well I pay attention).
0 likes [|reply]
7 Apr 2010, 20:27
~RedFraggle~
But this girl wasn't in military training!
0 likes [|reply]
8 Apr 2010, 04:03
J♥me
I realize that, my comment was aimed toward the comments about military training, I didn't even read the article.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Dec 2010, 10:44
♥ Steph
Haha wow, I WAS going to respond (Well I guess I AM responding, but anyway...) to the thread and than I saw how heated it was getting :P. I was bullied a little when I was younger but it never really affected my decision to attempt suicide, my reasons were mostly due to suffering from depression. However, words did affect me in terms of the eating disorder I struggled with. As a teenager acceptance among peers is a big deal and to be teased or in any way really made an outsider can be incredibly hurtful. I can see both sides, because it really depends on a how a person was raised and all that jazz but, personally I don't think suicide is a pansy move. I think that suicide is really a last resort for everyone. That for whatever reason the person can't see any other way out or any other way to solve whatever problems they have.

People who aren't in the same mindset could probably find a thousand solutions to someones problems, but not being in their head it's hard to judge what that person was thinking or feeling. I do have to agree though that those who can withstand the bullying tend to grow up to be stronger. I was never one to stand up for myself when I was younger but now I could care less what anyone says or thinks about me because deep down, I know they're most likely wrong. Regardless everyone will have their own opinions and while I respectfully disagree with Anonymous (And anyone who thinks suicide is a pansy move), we obviously don't think the same way so what can ya do?
0 likes [|reply]
17 Dec 2010, 13:58
& skull.
i say that not everyone commits suicide due to bullying, and that there must've been something deeper going on with this girl and perhaps the bullying may have helped her over the edge, so to speak. there was a case here recently where a girl committed suicide after her coworkers bullied her [leaving rat poison in her bag with a note to kill herself, pouring garbage on her etc. one bloke was her ex], if it were me, i'd have just quit. if the boss is going to turn a blind eye and be a pussy, then i'd just remove myself from the situation. you should never allow people to have that much power over you. but not everyone can deal with that. perhaps they made her feel like she was worth less than shit and that the world would be entirely better without her. people can get into your head like that, and perhaps her brain chemistry wasn't set up to deal with relentless bullying, maybe she just hoped to be accepted by them one day and not feel that way any more. it's sad, which is why bullying is terrible, because some people just aren't built to deal with, or get themselves out of, those situations. and it's those people and their families who suffer.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends