Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Teenager commits suicide after bullying "campaig
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2010, 06:29
~RedFraggle~
Hey, why not go the whole way and say that a man emotionally and psychologically abusing his wife is 'life' too. Perhaps it makes her stronger as well?

You're right though, bullying, and dealing with difficult people IS life, but your ability to cope with such treatment is significantly better as an adult. I do not think you can compare childhood bullying to being in the military or a major corporation, because we are talking about CHILDREN here. They do not have the same coping strategies that adults have. They are still developing their self confidence.

Not to mention that bullying in the workplace is actually illegal.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Apr 2010, 21:28
Acid Fairy
I personally deal with assholes a lot worse now than when I was a kid at school. At school I shut up and ignored it and got on with life. Now I bitch and moan and try and get out of that situation as fast as possible (maybe because school was compulsory but situations as an adult aren't). I don't see the point of having to take shit now I am an adult. So that's not true for everyone.
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2010, 06:45
*Forever Changing*
There is a difference between not liking someone, and tearing that person down. It needs to be taught to our children that bullying is not accepted. THAT is the problem, there is this idea that its kids being kids, but thats wrong, it needs to be shown to our children that you show people respect and treat them how they want to be treated. You can teach your child to be strong without breaking them down and making them feel like nothing.

People who continue to break others down have a huge problem with themselves and they are simply projecting. It is a cycle of violence, and we want to get ABOVE that not continue to find it acceptable.
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2010, 14:33
Love, Rebekah
I also disagree with this to a point (to a point, remember) ... My mom raised my brother and I the same. She taught us both right and wrong. It isn't ALL up to the parents. At some point, the kid grows up and knows what they should/shouldn't do. Look at the difference between Darrell and I. I graduated, joined the military, I have a good job and a great marriage and I've never even gotten a speeding ticket. Darrell has been in and out of juv/jail/prison since he was 15, he dropped out of high school and at one point when he was young he damn near killed me. Nothing that he did was my mom's fault. She got him the help that he needed and did what she could.

I believe that it STARTS with the parents, but it doesn't end with them. You can only do so much for your children.
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2010, 17:29
Lovin'MyLittles
I could not agree with this statement more.

Yes, bullying to some extent is normal and to be expected. However, the girl in this situation was bullied non stop for MONTHS... at the age of 15, her life was probably very miserable.

It's different than joining the military or a frat.
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2010, 17:30
Lovin'MyLittles
I meant disagree* with this statement more.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Apr 2010, 21:32
Acid Fairy
Sometimes I wonder why the parents just didn't take her out of school?
When I was bullied quite badly, my parents discussed changing schools.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Apr 2010, 02:18
Lovin'MyLittles
I agree with this, also. I wonder if the parent's didn't know? I wonder if they didn't believe it was as bad as she made it seem? I'm guilty of that. My daughter is actually the one at school being accused of being "the bully" - I had a conference today w/ her teacher. I really believed it was just simply "girl drama" and that it would blow over. I had no idea how involved and in depth it was. =\
0 likes [|reply]
2 Apr 2010, 11:39
~RedFraggle~
It's not always an option. Perhaps there wasn't another school in the area which was close enough for her parents to drive her to. Perhaps other schools wouldn't take her because geographically she didn't fall into their 'catchment' area. And that's if the parents even knew. We just don't know the full story.

Although out of interest, if the bullying bothered you as little as you said it did (you said you just ignored the names), why did your parents feel the need to move you to another school?
0 likes [|reply]
2 Apr 2010, 18:59
Acid Fairy
Well because it did bother me for a time, and my parents wanted to protect me as much as possible. We discussed moving schools when I was younger, about 12. But I never thought of it as so bad that I refused to go to school or anything. It would have been easier to go to a new school, but we never got around to it because it wasn't number 1 on our list of priorities.
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2010, 20:18
~RedFraggle~
I note you have not responded to my question about a man emotionally and psychologically abusing his wife (which in my mind is no different to children bullying another child). No doubt you'd consider the woman in this scenario to be the one at fault anyway, a pansy too probably.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2010, 18:55
Music God CJ Plain
While terrible that this family has lost a family member, it's like culling the herd. The strong will survive and the weak will fall by the wayside.

Bullying is NOT a new sensation. It's been going on since the beginning of time. Video games, modern technology, and touchy feely "p.c." thinking has led to this sensation. Parents need to stop coddling their kids and people, in general, need to grow a damn backbone and quit being such freaking pansies.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2010, 19:29
HorrorVixen XO
amen.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2010, 23:20
*Forever Changing*
How is it that they are pansy kids? I cannot agree with that at all. I attempted suicide twice, and both times failed, the third time I had planned to use my stepfathers gun and just kill myself that way, while I was waiting for my step-dad to go to sleep so I could get the gun I got online, and my husband LITERALLY saved my life. Was I just a pansy? No, I was honestly tired of being told that "i liked to fuck my stepfather". This has nothing to do with being a pansy and everything to do with feeling like you have no one and wanting to just end the suffering.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2010, 23:52
Chris
If you're not mentally ill, then you sound a bit like a pansy. No offense. Words shouldn't hurt as bad as to make you want to kill yourself.
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2010, 00:01
*Forever Changing*
None taken, that is your opinion, but to be honest when people are telling you things that honestly rip you apart from the inside out, because its what you knew everyone would say then yeah it does hurt enough to make me want to off myself. I am not a pansy, I know I am not, you can believe that all you want, but I have been through more shit then most people could handle.

You know why they started saying that? Because after my stepdad raped me for 4 months, I ended up pregnant, and instead of aborting the child, I decided I wasnt going to kill an innocent baby, and I decided to have her. Well 5 months later my step dad beat me so badly he killed my child, and put me in the hospital, and because I was devestated about that, I liked what he did to me. You can believe whatever you want, haha, I know you will anyway, I just know I am nothing close to a pansy. There is no way you can know how much those words tear you up inside until they are ridiculing YOU for something that wasnt YOUR fault.
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2010, 00:06
Chris
Well I'm not trying to say this just to hurt you, and I understand your story, but people who don't persevere, and just give up under hard situations, are pansies. It's even worse with a case when it's someone where the person has people around them that love them and in some cases depend on them. That makes them selfish. In your case, you had a husband.

I mean, it's easy these days to disassociate yourself with people you don't want to be associated with. There were other, much better ways to get away from the dicks who were ridiculing you than to contemplate and attempt suicide. I sincerely doubt that you were in a situation where you literally couldn't get away and distance yourself from the ridicule.

I'm not saying all of this to be insulting, but there's no reason to consider suicide, ever, unless there's a mental illness involved.
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2010, 00:27
*Forever Changing*
I didnt have a husband at that point, I met him the night I was going to do it, which is why I didnt. I had no support and love. I know what you are saying, but where was I supposed to go in a town of 400 people? Who was I supposed to associate with, when literally all 28 of my classmates said the same thing? Thats what I am not understanding, I had no one, no friends, my dad was too busy with his new family to want me, my mom supported her husband, and when I finally pressed charges, I was thrown away and ended up in Foster care. I had No one. I know what you are saying, but what I am saying is that not every situation is the same, its not possible to just get away from it, when you literally have no where to go.

Thank GOD I found my husband, and I learned to deal with it. I learned to deal with not only the abuse from my stepdad but the past sexual abuse from other people. I didnt have him when I was going through it and I would have done much better if I had.
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2010, 00:30
Chris
I know, man, and the whole situation sucks, but suicide is still the pansy way to go out, even if you hit emotional rock bottom.
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2010, 00:36
*Forever Changing*
I agree with you that suicide is the pansy way out, but sometimes its the only way out. I still hate my foster father for killing himself. I hate him, because he is a pussy, and left himself to be found by his three year old daughter, BUT who am I to say it was something I would have never considered. I have no doubt, I would have been a pansy and taken the easy road, because who wouldnt want the easy road when the hard road shreds you over and over and over again?

Could she have chosen a different end? YES, but her parents should have not only been away of what was going on in their daughters mind, the teachers should have stopped the bullying. I gauruntee if she would have taken care of the problem herself then she would have ended up in trouble, possibly legal trouble. So she took herself out of the situation. I understand why this girl did it, and I understand where her thoughts and feelings were. No one should die feeling like they have no one left to turn to.
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2010, 00:48
Chris
Well, what I'm saying is, not taking the pansy way out got you a kid, and an awesome husband. See where I'm going with this?
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2010, 00:52
*Forever Changing*
Yes, but I couldnt see that far ahead, when you are in that deep of a situation depression, you honestly cannot see anything good happening, did good happen to me? Of course, I am living the most blessed life I could have ever imagined, but that poor child could not look that far ahead.
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2010, 00:58
Chris
Well when you hit rock bottom, you can't really go anywhere but up, you know?
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2010, 01:00
*Forever Changing*
But they dont know they have hit rick bottom yet, thats the problem with depression, its an unending hole to people who suffer from it.
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2010, 01:26
Music God CJ Plain
I have to totally agree with you on this.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends