Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Woman has 911 meltdown over McNuggets
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2009, 04:46
Eat Yellow Snow
updated 7:17 a.m. MT, Wed., March. 4, 2009
FORT PIERCE, Fla. - Authorities say a Florida woman called 911 three times after McDonald's employees told her they were out of Chicken McNuggets.

A police report says 27-year-old Fort Pierce resident Latreasa L. Goodman told authorities she paid for a 10-piece last week but was later informed the restaurant had run out.

She says she was refused a refund and told all sales were final. A cashier told police she offered Goodman a larger portion of different food for the same price, but Goodman became irate.

"This is an emergency. If I would have known they didn't have McNuggets, I wouldn’t have given my money, and now she wants to give me a McDouble, but I don’t want one," Goodman told police, according to The Stuart News. "This is an emergency."

Police say Goodman was cited on a misuse of 911 charge. A current phone listing for Goodman couldn't be found.

A McDonald's spokesman says Goodman should have been given a refund, and she's being sent a gift card for a free meal.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WTF??? Some people!!! LMAO!!! :D :D :D :D
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2009, 04:55
~*Shannon*~
Ok, well, first of all, it's a load of crock that all sales are final. I know these things. I've worked in food service (including McDonald's) for a very long time. If they find out they have run out of something you ordered, they will try to replace it for you at no extra charge with something else. IF you aren't satisfied with the replacement, they WILL give you your money back.

Second, OH MY GOODNESS!! The POLICE??? Do people not know there is a number you can call on the receipt to complain? Two numbers, alot of times. One for the store itself, and one for the franchisee. If it's just the store number, you call and talk to a manager. If the manager doesn't offer to fix the problem to your satisfaction (as long as it's reasonable), you ask for the business office number and you call them.

It's not rocket science. And all over some stupid nuggets. They're nasty anyway. She's lucky they were out.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2009, 09:45
T.A.I
OH MY FUCKING GOD?

THEY RAN OUT OF MCNUGGETS?

HOW COULD THEY!

I would have skipped 911 and gone right to Homeland Security. This is clearly an act of terrorism.
0 likes [|reply]
9 Mar 2009, 15:57
Khoquetishღ
LMAO
0 likes [|reply]
9 Mar 2009, 16:14
T.A.I
Seriously.

McDonalds without McNuggets is crazy. There's no other explanation. If every other McDonalds can meet the demands of the public, and this one can't, clearly terrorists were involved somehow.
0 likes [|reply]
9 Mar 2009, 16:33
Khoquetishღ
I concur.
I like how you think! =]
0 likes [|reply]
9 Mar 2009, 20:30
T.A.I
Sweet. My thoughts are liked.

This bodes well for the future.

Kekekekekekekfufufufufufufuuf.

:-p
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2009, 10:34
Jessica [Private]
what the hell is a mcdouble??

and they totally give refunds.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2009, 14:09
minor_catastrophe
it's pretty much a dbl cheeseburger but it has less cheese
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2009, 20:40
Jessica [Private]
...wtf is the point of getting it then?
A regular only has two pieces =/
0 likes [|reply]
6 Mar 2009, 02:45
Mima
Because a regular double cheeseburger is now like $1.50 and the only difference is that the McDouble only has one piece of cheese instead of 2. The McDouble replaced the Double on the dollar menu, so why pay $0.50 more for one piece of cheese?
0 likes [|reply]
6 Mar 2009, 03:47
Jessica [Private]
Here it's only $1.10 for a double cheeseburger.

so if that's the case [I honestly don't know whats on the dollar menu anymore, i don't look. I just get my double cheeseburgers, I've heard nothing of this mcdouble thing here ;D] then it's only ten cents more for cheese. -shrug-

I love cheese though, so yeah ;D
0 likes [|reply]
6 Mar 2009, 13:40
minor_catastrophe
That Idk. It just drops down to one slice of cheese. It's like 19 cents cheaper I think. I think the McDouble is bull but whatever. I nvr het it anyways. I get my dbl dressed like a Mac. Yum.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Mar 2009, 20:23
Jessica [Private]
hahahha, my friend does that ;D

I'm not so big on eating there, since I worked there in high school :-/

Once in a blue moon, lol
0 likes [|reply]
9 Mar 2009, 13:54
minor_catastrophe
Yea I'm not sure on the prices exactly. But it's like $1.69 for the dbl dressed like a Mac... or you can get the BigMac for like over $3 just for the sandwich... the only difference is the middle slice of bread.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2009, 14:06
Zombie Steve
Bloop Owner
I would have called the FBI
0 likes [|reply]
10 Mar 2009, 18:33
*Ariana*
OH MY GOSH. lol. Why would call the police over no chicken nuggets? That would be like me calling the police on starbucks because they were out of ICE when I went there one time. Silly.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Mar 2009, 03:21
RealLifeComics
hahaha Nugget, what a funny word
0 likes [|reply]
11 Mar 2009, 09:59
lithium layouts.
Haha, that is totally an emergency. xD So is running out of milk in the morning so that I have none to put on my cereal!!

People... xD
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2009, 04:51
TheLazyNinja
Well, this just makes our country look SO much more smarter and healthy at the same time....oh yea....go united state, woot
0 likes [|reply]
6 Mar 2009, 06:55
Opie's Old Lady
lmao nicely put ninja ;)
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2009, 05:13
Ice Vampire
I know these kind of people. They shop at Sam's Club. -_-

As for all sales being final.. well no shit! "im gonna sell you these chicken nugets.. .then when you dont like them, bring them back, I'll refund you the money and then sell them to the person at the drive through." :-P
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2009, 05:18
~*Shannon*~
Actually, if they order something and decide they don't like it, that IS all they have to do. And then it gets thrown away (IF the business is following health regulations), and then the customer either gets something within 50c or so of the original item, OR they get their money back.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2009, 05:33
Ice Vampire
Yeah, I've had too many people I know work in fast food. Don't get me wrong, I'll still eat the stuff, even after the horror stories. Hey, it was the same before I knew, as it was after I knew..

Idk. some people are stupid with what they return in foods I mean. Like at Sam's Club where I work. We had a lady return a 3/4 eaten pizza saying "she didn't like it because it had sausage on it" WELL NO SHIT! it's our 3-meat pizza! we told you it was sausage bacon and pepperoni!

while I do agree that the mcD's should have given her the money back, I also think the lady was a dipstick for calling 911 3 times about it. :-/
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2009, 05:36
~*Shannon*~
Ok, see, something like that pizza incident, I'd be like "Yeah, and it says so on the box!" You bought it that way, tough crap!

And she most certainly WAS a dipstick for calling 911 AT ALL, let alone 3 times! lol I once heard of a woman, though, who went through the McD's drive-thru and ordered some chicken sandwich and they got it wrong. So she told them to remake it. And they got it wrong again. Two more times of getting it wrong and she sat in the drive-thru and called the police.

I've had that happen to me before. And I tell them...ok, you go ahead and sit there. And when the police show up, we'll just see WHO they reprimand for behaving childishly.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends