Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Woman has 911 meltdown over McNuggets
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2009, 11:48
Let It Be
lol you must work in the Cafe? My boyfriend worked in the Cafe at a Sam's Club and the customers were the same way :-p. God I loved their Pizza though..mmmMmmmm.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2009, 13:37
Ice Vampire
yeeup. the management is horrid too. at least to all the fresh departments. lol. its the red headed step child of sams club. at least thats our joke.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Mar 2009, 03:34
Let It Be
lol that sounds about right. My boyfriends management was horrible too. Boo to corporate giants.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Mar 2009, 03:25
love♥nik
Heeeey, I shop at Sam's Club and I don't freak out about McD's not having McNuggets. xD

But good lord that woman is insane. -_-
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2009, 06:12
The Ryan
Ohhhh I've been there, yo!!! The most popular one is "Our grills aren't working... No burgers!!"
I've looked forward to a burger all day, and there's none!!! Sods, yo!! So then I always leave and drive to the next Mcdonalds, which is never more than a 10 min drive away!!
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2009, 22:05
Acid Fairy
I always get 'We've run out if ice cream'. Bastards! Once all 3 McDonald's near me were out of it!
0 likes [|reply]
6 Mar 2009, 01:43
Lauren.
I can beat that, I've been to a freaking Dairy Queen that was out of ice cream! HOW a DAIRY QUEEN runs out of ice cream is beyond me! Lol.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Mar 2009, 02:11
~*Shannon*~
Simple...either the idiot who did the ordering didn't know what the heck they were doing, OR they ordered product based on LAST YEAR'S sales and it turned out to be busier than expected.

Typically, it's option number one.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Mar 2009, 02:16
Lauren.
Dairy Queen makes their own ice cream in store, so based on how their sales are going at the time (it was last June), I'd figure they'd have made enough for summer sales for that night!
0 likes [|reply]
6 Mar 2009, 02:48
~*Shannon*~
They have to order the product in order to MAKE the ice cream though.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Mar 2009, 03:11
Lauren.
True, but unless a complete idiot is running the place, they're not going to order less than it takes to make ice cream mid-June! Though the idiot idea is completely feasible, lol.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Mar 2009, 03:12
~*Shannon*~
It has been my experience that the majority of fast food places DO have idiots running the place. Especially Dairy Queen, it seems. Maybe they eat too much ice cream and it fries their brain cells. Maybe THAT'S what brain freezes REALLY are!!! ;-)
0 likes [|reply]
6 Mar 2009, 02:17
Toffee Sprinkles
All three of the McDonald's near me are always out of ice cream, too!

And every night after 7:00, Burger King's ice cream machine is "broken"!
0 likes [|reply]
6 Mar 2009, 02:48
~*Shannon*~
Nah, it's not broken. They just decided they wanted to clean it earlier than they're supposed to so they can get out of there faster once the store is closed.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Mar 2009, 02:54
Toffee Sprinkles
Yes, but when they close at 2 in the morning, 7 p.m. is WAY too early to shut it off. I guess people aren't getting too upset about it, or they'd leave it on a little longer. I just never understood why they'd even be allowed to shut it off so early, especially since a lot of people are still eating dinner/dessert at 7. Oh well.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Mar 2009, 02:59
~*Shannon*~
Not saying it's appropriate for them to do, but I've been a Burger King closer before and that is precisely what they do. Especially when they have a manager who is irresponsible and doesn't care how well-cleaned the place is before everyone leaves because they just want out of there.

That or their ice cream sales decrease so much after a certain time they decide it's not worth having it on just to serve the random occasional customer who will want ice cream past that time.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Mar 2009, 19:17
~RedFraggle~
Shocking. I went to a juice bar last week and was told they'd run out of strawberries, and mango. :P Then I went to Nandos for dinner, and they had no sangria!
0 likes [|reply]
7 Mar 2009, 07:48
[mandie knickers]
lucky bastard. every mcdonalds here is like 30 minutes apart.

thank god for the bk lounge. ;D
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2009, 13:57
& skull.
lmfao. an emergency indeed.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2009, 13:59
~*Pagan*~
I have heard of calls to Triple Zero....wirth someone asking the operator to order them a pizza cos they have no phone credit!!

People are essentially....stupid!!
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2009, 16:57
Sarah*
What a fantastic idea!!
0 likes [|reply]
5 Mar 2009, 17:06
~RedFraggle~
The stupidity of some people horrifies me. I'm glad she did get charged, there's too many people who seemed to think it's acceptable to abuse the emergency services. When I was a med student, I was out for a day with the paramedics, and we were called to a woman who had phoned an ambulance because she had an EARACHE (an earache for which she'd been given antibiotics by her GP that morning too)!
0 likes [|reply]
6 Mar 2009, 01:41
Lauren.
Hahaha, I love people who go to the Emergency Room for things as silly as earaches or toenail pain (yes, it has happened) and then want to complain when they receive a bill. Don't like a large bill? Then don't go to the ER for things a GP can see you for, go to a clinic!
0 likes [|reply]
6 Mar 2009, 19:14
~RedFraggle~
I've always wondered if the UK introduced a charge for inappropriate ambulance call-outs (like the one I described), if it would reduce the number of idiots calling for one when it really isn't an emergency. But based on what you've just said, i guess it wouldn't. They'd just get charged and moan about it.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Mar 2009, 19:16
~*Shannon*~
Red, it doesn't stop people from calling. I don't know if it's like this all over, but where we are you get charged each time the ambulance is called out to you, even if they don't end up actually doing anything. $500 per visit. It doesn't stop people from calling an ambulance for silly things like a heavily bleeding paper cut.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends