Search
Not Logged In
Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Are sexually transmitted diseases deserved?
0 likes [|reply]
10 May 2010, 19:27
♥ jes
I think it's everyone's own personal opinion on whether or not people deserve STDs. Maybe those that have sex with a ton of people just to see how many people they can screw deserve them. I guess it all just depends. I've never had an STD, but I knew everyone I had sexual relations with.

Someone earlier said you should expect it if you're sleeping around, protected or not. Condoms don't stop ALL STDs.
0 likes [|reply]
10 May 2010, 20:55
Poetic Justice
I think it depends on the situation. I don't think that single people who have sex with different people occasionally without hurting anyone in the process deserve an STD, and I certainly wouldn't wish anything FATAL (like AIDs) on ANYONE for any reason, but I think we all know someone who sleeps around with anyone that will hold still long enough, treats everyone like sh*t, and thinks that it is their God given right to use people and then break their hearts. Do I think that these people deserve an incredibly embarrassing (yet overall harmless) STD that makes them have to go to the doctor and say "Yeah, doc, I've slept with pretty much everyone and need you to clean me out..."...? Yes. Yes I do. They will recover, and in the end, only their pride will have been damaged. Which I'm sure wonttake them long to recover. And if they for whatever reason DON'T go to the hospital, and the disease progresses and makes them sterile or something? Natural selection.
0 likes [|reply]
11 May 2010, 17:46
.love.struck.
I wouldn't say that a person deserves to get an STD as a punishment, but if they are having unprotected sex constantly then they shouldn't be surprised if they do catch something. It's only bound to happen after so long. Really, how hard is it to wear a condom. They're cheap and if you really don't want to spend money on them, they give them out for free at clinics! It really can't be that hard.
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2010, 17:15
Ashalicious
So what happens if someone is raped and get's an STD? Or she is in a committed relationship and the man lies to her? Or her husband cheats and gives her something and she has no idea he's screwing around? Those people all deserve to get an STD? I don't think so. And using the Christian argument doesn't work because I'm a Christian and I do not believe God smites people down with STD's because He hates them and wants to punish them for having sex! I think if you screw all kinds of random dudes without protection and you don't ask them if they have anything, then you might get something and it was irresponsible of you. But I don't think you deserve it, that's pretty heartless to say. So all the people who got cancer from smoking or laying in the sun deserved it? Or all the people who got diabetes from over eating or eating crap deserve it? No.
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2010, 21:00
.love.struck.
Hey, why don't you calm the hell down for a second! I never said anything about a girl getting raped or a person being in a committed relationship! I was talking about people who have casual sex with no protection! Read what I wrote, I NEVER said anything about rape or people in committed relationships. Secondly, I'm not Christian. I'm a proud Atheist. I think you responded to the wrong person.
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2010, 21:13
Ashalicious
I replied to the post and what everyone in it said, don't tell me to calm down, I wasn't angry. I was stating an opinion which is what forums are for. I just posted a reply to this post as everyone else here did so don't go off on me, I'm allowed to have an opinion and post on here.
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2010, 21:35
.love.struck.
No . . . you replied to my reply. Not the post itself. I know what forums are, but when you reply to a persons reply when they said nothing of what you told me, I will tell you to calm down. Next time click on "post to thread" not "post reply" on someone elses reply.
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2010, 21:43
Chris
You should click here.
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2010, 21:44
& skull.
haha you shit stirrer ;D
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2010, 21:46
Chris
How much do you really think I've changed in the 2 days I've been gone! ;D
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2010, 21:48
.love.struck.
LOL!
0 likes [|reply]
13 May 2010, 12:28
~RedFraggle~
You started an entire thread about THIS?! Goodness, given some of the stuff that gets said in these forums, I was expected something FAR worse! She wasn't even particularly rude. You replied to her comment (although apparently accidentally, she can't be expected to know that!), it looked like you were attacking her, and she just defended herself.

Seriously, if that is enough to offend you (and you were clearly offended seeing as it mattered enough to you to write about it in your diary and post a forum thread especially!) you need to either get thicker skin or stay out of the forums!
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2010, 21:19
Acid Fairy
I agree, very nicely said. Although Hitler probably deserved some syphilis ;)
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2010, 21:22
Ashalicious
Oh heck yeah now that dude deserved karma hunting him down with a vengeance! I amend my statement: mass murders and starts of genocide deserve STD's. But then again, who would sleep with Hitler? His mustache so not sexy!
0 likes [|reply]
13 May 2010, 11:21
KerriBlue
You touched very briefly on what I said - the whole... it's not deserved - but yes it's irresponisble. I think "deserve" is the wrong word to use most of the time.
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2010, 21:26
septemberocio
Crazy! I am single and I hate using condoms, but there is just no way you can go around having unprotected sex. No one deserves it, because ANYONE can get it - even spouses that are being loyal to their unfaithful partner. People should be smart about it, that's all there is to it.
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2010, 23:47
*Forever Changing*
I will be completely honest, I had never used a condom until three years into my relationship with my husband. I had sex with one guy before him, and then I was raped, by two different men, so honestly, if I would have gotten an STD it would have been my fault, and I would have deserved it. On the other hand, my uncle Ryan who was married for 10 years wound up with AIDS. How? His slut of a wife cheated on him and gave it to him. The worst part? She never contracted it. He didnt deserve it at all.
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2010, 23:48
jessi bear(:
that is one of the most horrible things i have ever heard :(.
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2010, 23:54
*Forever Changing*
Thankfully AIDS isnt a dealth sentance anymore, but his body is breaking down after fighting this for so many years, and he wont last much longer. He has never even met my girls because of the germs they could pass on to him from socializing with other children, he basically lives alone with his nurse (whom he has a romantic relationship with) and they dont have visitors. When she comes home from the store or work, she has to sanitize and shower in a completely seperate part of the house so when she comes to see him he will not get sick. The doctors have told him at this point even a common cold can kill him.
0 likes [|reply]
13 May 2010, 00:04
jessi bear(:
oh my gosh.. that's awful.. for both of them.
0 likes [|reply]
13 May 2010, 00:33
Chris
Wait, what?

You were raped, two different guys. Then you said, "if I would have gotten an STD it would have been my fault, and I would have deserved it."

What the hell?
0 likes [|reply]
13 May 2010, 00:38
*Forever Changing*
Not by them, by my husband or the one other guy i slept with with no protection. That really didnt make sense lol.
0 likes [|reply]
13 May 2010, 06:43
Lady Lazarus
I suppose you could say STD's are to unprotected sex like liver disease is to alcoholism, smoking related cancer is to smoking, heart attack is to obesity, etc, etc. All of the unhealthy choices we make in life carry a certain risk. I think the phrase "wake up call" is accurate... however you could argue that smoking, drinking and over-eating are addictions, where as unprotected sex isn't... but still, as much as a person has bought something on themselves I don't think it's our job to judge (let those without sin throw the first stone and all that).. I know someone who was unfortunate enough to catch an STD... my first thoughts where of compassion and support, and then telling her she was a daft git. I don't think she'll be doing it again somehow!
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends