Search
Not Logged In
Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Are sexually transmitted diseases deserved?
0 likes [|reply]
13 May 2010, 04:18
ObsidianDreamer
true true...
0 likes [|reply]
10 May 2010, 07:17
xoxo♥
Amen! lol
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2010, 16:23
Makayla
Me either. If sex was just meant for procreation it would be like brushing your teeth or something, you'd get no pleasure out of it. Why would it feel that way if it wasn't meant to be pleasurable?
0 likes [|reply]
9 May 2010, 14:39
~RedFraggle~
No, I don't think anyone deserves an STD. Some people make bad choices, and people who have unprotected sex shouldn't be surprised if they catch an STD, but I don't think that is the same as saying they deserve it.

And condoms are not 100% effective, so even those who are careful, and even those in monogomous relationships can catch an STD.

I find it hard to believe that anyone DESERVES a disease which could kill them or leave them infertile.
0 likes [|reply]
10 May 2010, 02:36
Fenix
I agree with this stance. I don't understand how people think others deserve horrible diseases simply for making bad choices, like being a "fckin slut," or some other misspelled adverb/adjective combo.
0 likes [|reply]
9 May 2010, 15:43
The Ryan
If I was to sleep with someone who wasn't my girlfriend... and then learn I'd caught an STD?
I'd definitely deserve it. And accept it. And be like "This is what I get for being an idiot"

Likewise there are heaps of people I'd EXPECT to catch an STD from! And think "Yeah... well played! I totally deserve this, for being so stupid as to sleep with such a whore!" Even if I'd tripple bagged!

I think a lot of people shirk the blame for their naughtiness, yo! I'm very accepting of mine!!

I guess the best thing to do is... just never have sex. Ever.

0 likes [|reply]
10 May 2010, 07:19
xoxo♥
Or cover your wanker so you don't pass/catch the cankers!
0 likes [|reply]
13 May 2010, 04:19
ObsidianDreamer
never? EVER EVER???
0 likes [|reply]
9 May 2010, 17:42
Estella
What if some guy raped a woman and this woman happened to have an STD which the rapist caught? I imagine there'd probably be a feeling of 'Ha - serves him right!' Although it could then backfire if he goes on to rape more women and spread it to them.
0 likes [|reply]
9 May 2010, 18:11
Minda Hey Hey™
I don't think anyone deserves it persay because there are a lot of things that come into play as well.

For me, my ex cheated on me and he gave me an STD. We had been together for about a year and a half when he did this to me. I don't think I deserved that but it also taught me not to fully trust anyone when it comes to something as serious as sex and STD's.

BUT if you're going around sleeping with whoever without a care in the world and thinking it can't happen to you then well, you're in for a shocking surpise. So no, maybe no one really DESERVES it but if you happen to get an STD it should be used as a wake up call, but I know a lot of ignorant people don't see it like that anyway.
0 likes [|reply]
9 May 2010, 20:31
& skull.
if someone has unprotected sex with many people, then they probably do deserve it for being such a freaking dumbass. and i'd probably agree with ryan that if you cheat and do it without protection you deserve it too.
0 likes [|reply]
9 May 2010, 20:57
The Ryan
If you cheat WITH protection it hardly makes you any better!!! :p
0 likes [|reply]
9 May 2010, 22:36
& skull.
obviously, but if you're stupid enough not to use it you deserve it for being an idiot as well as an asshole.
0 likes [|reply]
9 May 2010, 21:00
The Ryan
ANYWAY. What happened to condoms? Don't people wear them any more? Yeah, I know you can still catch STDs with them... in rare occurances. But wearing one greatly increases your chance of NOT ending up a syphellitic mess!

And even if your partner winds up a cheating hooker, you're still protected immeasurably more!
Maybe I'm just bitter, because my girlfriend won't go on the pill, so I have to wear one regardless. Boo to you all! :P
0 likes [|reply]
9 May 2010, 21:15
Jessica [Private]
HAHAHA. I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one making my man bitter by not going on the pill ;D
0 likes [|reply]
9 May 2010, 21:18
The Ryan
"WHY would I go on the pill!? All my aunties who went on the pill when they were young have since had cervical cancer! All my friends who went on it get ridiculous hormonal moodswings! And some of them... got... FAT! Besides. Using condoms is much less messy!"
FOR HER MAYBE!

Women!
0 likes [|reply]
9 May 2010, 21:23
Jessica [Private]
Mkay things to respond to that with:

-There is a cervical cancer vaccine. (something like it protects against like 10/12 kinds of cancer, I believe. but dont quote me on that.)
- Hormonal mood swings mean you have a pill with way too much estrogen. Get a low-dose one, and alas, no problems.
- If you dont want to get fat, don't eat like a heifer.
- Condoms are boring; it's like getting a back massage by someone with latex gloves on. Just isn't the same.

oh lala. I'm amazing.

I would be on the pill for sure if I was having sex on a regular basis (as in more than like, once a week lol.)
0 likes [|reply]
9 May 2010, 23:16
Acid Fairy
I honestly cannot tell the difference between sex with a condom and without!

My first pill gave me depression. It was hell. But the one I am on now is epic. It gave me ever so slightly bigger boobs, and who doesn't want that?! ;D And I like being able to control my periods so I have stayed on it.

Also the pill gives you protection against ovarian cancer. Swings and roundabouts!
0 likes [|reply]
10 May 2010, 01:33
Jessica [Private]
Haha. I can tell the difference. But I think its a matter of being more sensitive down there, which I always have been.
That and I'm slightly allergic to latex, so say I have sex more than twice in a day with a latex condom, I have a slight reaction to it lol. Which I think is why I can feel when they're on.

I was on ortho tricyclen-lo when I was about sixteen. I had an absolutely horrific reaction to it, hot flashes all the time, I'd have random black outs and spaz out on people and not even remember it. Its just absolutely terrified me away from any type of birth control like that. I honestly would be perfectly fine never taking it again lol. So far I haven't needed to (thank god.)

But even after that whole episode, I would know now that reacting like that isn't normal and I'd go back to the doctor or stop taking them a lot sooner.
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2010, 16:18
Makayla
I can tell the difference between with a condom & without one. And I've never been able to put it into words until now."back massage by someone with latex gloves on" lmao..but so true!
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2010, 16:55
Jessica [Private]
Exactly!! :D Lol. I've had doctors like poke at my back with latex gloves on before, and I've had regular massages. That's totally what it feels like the difference is.
0 likes [|reply]
12 May 2010, 23:38
jessi bear(:
i was on orthocyclene and it made me nauseous all the time :/. it also gave me horrible moodswings.

and i feel the difference too! it's twice as good without ;D haha.
0 likes [|reply]
13 May 2010, 03:09
Jessica [Private]
Ortho tricyclen is death. Just the name makes me shudder.
0 likes [|reply]
10 May 2010, 04:38
valerieeeee
ugh i went on and off the pill a few times over the past like 4 years. my boobs are now DDs because the pill makes them bigger, but they don't get smaller when you go off the pill. :( i'm now on the pill for PMDD and i'm now just plain depressed because my boobs are so big, AND i'm against premarital sex..... the irony is too much. *sigh* hopefully one day i'll get married and my husband will like ginormous boobs.
0 likes [|reply]
10 May 2010, 13:20
Acid Fairy
Every bloke like ginormous boobs ;)
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends