Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Atheist billboard taken down after threats
0 likes [|reply]
14 Nov 2009, 09:28
& skull.
i wouldn't mind driving by that. i see plenty of christian related bill boards. maybe i should ring and complain about those..
0 likes [|reply]
14 Nov 2009, 09:55
.love.struck.
You should!
0 likes [|reply]
14 Nov 2009, 15:16
LoveBipolar Artfolio
What happened to free speech and freedom of religion (or therelackof)? I'm not athiest. I don't follow Judiasm like my family does. But that was MY choice, my right. Just like not believing in God is their right. We're subjected to Christian ads and billboards all the time. No one threatens anyone to take them down. So whats up with the double standard? These Christians who are threatening this owner to take the billboard down are saying we can cram God down everyone's throats but no one can express their own religious beliefs or disbeliefs, we are offended!!!!!! I think not.

0 likes [|reply]
14 Nov 2009, 17:22
LADY, Iniibig Ko
I am a christian and some christian billboards offend me because they are pushy. This billboard amuses me however. The smaller print that says "you're not alone." almost sounds like a passive aggressive comment some of the judgemental christians I know might mumble under their breath after asking someone if they believe in God. The line made me think of God immediately, lol. All goes with perspective I suppose.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Nov 2009, 18:45
♥ Steph
If anything I'm agnostic, but any religious billboards or ads or anything don't bother me. It's everyones freedom to believe in what they want to believe. Most religious people I know are very passionate (AKA aggressive) when it comes to discussing any other possibility. I agree with lithium layouts., almost everyone I've met that's religious is just nuts over here :P. I love the US but sometimes I just wonder about everyone who lives here...
0 likes [|reply]
15 Nov 2009, 00:00
~*Pagan*~
Makes me glad to be Australian, we dont tolerate being pushed around here.

Now...to find funding for MY billboard which will read.

"Believe in GODS? You are not alone.";)
0 likes [|reply]
15 Nov 2009, 00:32
Kelsey Lynn xox
LOLOL does anyone else find it funny that people can go door to door promoting their religion, but if ONE poster..that isn't even promoting atheist ideals (they never said a God didn't exist, they are just questioning..which most people go through in their lives anyways) someone bitches. ah, gotta love america.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Nov 2009, 00:33
Kelsey Lynn xox
ah, i stand corrected. i read the above billboard and took that as the one you guys are talking about. disregard my post..still..you get the point.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends