Search
Not Logged In
Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1  2 
Remeber that nutter with the stars on her face?
0 likes [|reply]
23 Jun 2009, 06:02
Jessica [Private]

[source.]

Kimberley Vlaminck had insisted she dozed off after asking the tattooist for just three small stars – then woke in horror to find her face was covered.
The Belgian blamed the Flemish-speaking tattooist for not being able to understand her French and English instructions.

Amid a frenzy of media attention, she then pledged to sue the tattoo artist, Rouslan Toumaniantz, for the £9,000 she needed for laser surgery to have them removed.
She said after the tattooing last week: "It is terrible for me. I cannot go out on to the street. I look like a freak."
But the 18-year-old has finally confessed she did not fall asleep, that she wanted all the stars and was "fully aware" of what Mr Toumaniantz was doing.
Ms Vlaminck told a Dutch TV crew: "I asked for 56 stars and initially adored them. But when my father saw them, he was furious. So I said I fell asleep and the that the tattooist mad made a mistake."

Mr Toumaniantz – himself covered from head to foot in tattoos and piercings – had consistently denied he had made a mistake and always insisted Vlaminck wanted all 56 stars.
He said at the time: "I maintain that she absolutely agreed that I tattoo those 56 stars on the left side of her face."
But despite insisting she had asked for 56 stars, he still initially agreed to pay for half of the treatment to remove the tattoos.
He said: "Kimberley is unhappy and it is not my wish to have an unsatisfied client."
"I don't regret it. To tell you the truth, this has given me some publicity." Mr Toumanaintz is now said to have withdrawn his cash offer and said from now on he will get written consent from clients before he begins tattooing.

Seriously though, who is going to hire/respect someone who's face looks like that? THINK BEFORE YOU GET TATTOOS PEOPLE, CMON.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Jun 2009, 21:49
Lady Elphaba
I think it's a good decision for the tattoo artist to withdraw his cash offer. I don't see why he should give his money away to the foolish liar..
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jun 2009, 01:03
Eat Yellow Snow
Dumbass~!!!
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jun 2009, 15:20
Ice Vampire
the circus...
0 likes [|reply]
23 Jun 2009, 06:16
Lady Sheri
/facepalm

omg. I'm glad she finally got called out! I've got quite a few tattoos, and I NEVER felt like falling asleep! Although a few times I did have to try and keep myself from passing out...
0 likes [|reply]
23 Jun 2009, 06:21
RealLifeComics
I think they look cool actually
0 likes [|reply]
23 Jun 2009, 06:32
Lady Sheri
Oh I agree! And it's proally good that I wasn't able to get tattoos when I was under 18, cause I totally would have ended up with something equally stupid.

If I was drunk and had a sharpie, I'd proally be okay with something like this... temporarily! :)
0 likes [|reply]
23 Jun 2009, 06:27
love♥nik
Exactly.

Unless you passed out from being drunk, pretty sure the pain of a NEEDLE sinking into your skin MULTIPLE TIMES would wake you the fuck up.

I know I wasn't falling asleep during mine.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Jun 2009, 06:38
RealLifeComics
Lol that's right. Though, not sure how it is in other countries, but here in Australia they won't let you get a tatoo if you've been drinking.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Jun 2009, 06:45
love♥nik
It's s'posed to be that way here too... but some artists just don't give a fuck.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Jun 2009, 11:11
KerriBlue
Haha I just stumbled across this follow up story...it was obvious what really happened. I'm glad she finally fessed up. She wanted them - daddy freaked - so she lied. haha..
0 likes [|reply]
23 Jun 2009, 14:12
Azkabound
The fact that it was publicly acknowledged that she LIED in an attempt to get money from someone who DID their job correctly is what would keep me from hiring her. She looks like she acts: like an idiot.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Jun 2009, 14:42
Kate.Monster
She could get a job at a tattoo parlor!
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jun 2009, 00:16
Jessica [Private]
Rofl.
I'd hope someone would recognize her and pull the same shit she did ;D
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jun 2009, 00:31
queenbutterfly
Since we are on the topic of tattoos I do have one thing that annoys me.

I had two tattoos. One small one on my right upper arm and a larger tribal butterfly on my right ankle. I constantly hear from people how unprofessional I am and it is to have tattoos. However, is this not discrimination? I am VERY professional in my appearance and in my attitude when at work. Me having tattoos should make no difference. And with the profession that I am in (leasing consultant), I can actually reach a different kind of people because I do have tattoos.

I don't know, just my opinion.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jun 2009, 01:22
Jessica [Private]
I've always been taught if I'm going to get a tattoo, get it somewhere you can cover it.
My dad has full sleeves, so I've always had tattoos as a part of my life. ;D

I just think having one on your FACE looks unprofessional!

Nothing against them on arms/legs/etc.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jun 2009, 01:23
queenbutterfly
I can agree with that. But I think it's ridiculous that my job wants me to cover up my arm tattoo. When I wear sleeves you can only see a very small portion of the bottom. I'll take a picture sometime later and show you guys just how small it is! (It was my first and was designed by a Japanese friend of mine!)
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jun 2009, 01:27
Jessica [Private]
I honestly don't think it's really ridiculous. If they let one person show a tattoo (no matter how small :P) they'd have to let everyone.
I think it's easier just to ask everyone to cover them up.

If you can cover it up, why not do it?
0 likes [|reply]
25 Jun 2009, 01:32
Gem♥
I agree that its rediculous that you should cover tattoos.. but Ive had two experiences where 'customers' got offended because I had a tattoo.
The first one was at a dancing concert, I wasnt even dancing, the girls that I taught were, and a mum got offended and they asked me to cover it because it was going to be impressionable to her daughter. Since then I always covered it with makeup when I dance, or when I'm at dancing.
The second time was when I worked in a cafe, and a man refused to be served by me because i had a TINY tattoo on my wrist.
I don't know if it is because it has christian background or not, but it was rediculous...
That is why I got it on my wrist. I'm planning on being a teacher, so 90% of schools wont let you have tattoos that can be seen.

Anyway... the point of that is, I think tattoos that might be seen as offensive should be have to be covered up.. naked ladies and the like! but otherwise.. its rediculous
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jun 2009, 15:33
Transit
I personally don't like tattoo's both my brother has them and they look gross! Virtually all jobs require tattoo's to be fully covered, a person should look smart at work, so piercing removed, tattoo's covered and no out there hair, such as bright colours or odd styles. It isn't discrimination, if someone isn't willing to abide by the rules of the work place they wish to attend, then they aren't suitable for the job.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jun 2009, 16:40
Azkabound
I agree with the hair and piercings as they're most obvious. You can't cover up fire-engine red hair easily. Yet, if you're in the office you should be dressed in a professional manner which covers up most of your body. If a tiny bit of tattoo shows it shouldn't be a big deal. It isn't glaringly obvious, after all. I think the main problem here is that there are good workers being told to cover up. It doesn't make the tattoo wearer incapable of doing a good, professional job. Now with this Belgian stars chick, HER'S are glaringly obvious and she was silly to do it.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jun 2009, 15:58
PakistaniDiva06
I'd agree but the same kinda goes with piercings. I had my nose pierced for two to three years. For me it's something cultural (as in South Asians have been doing it for thousands of years) and I was still forced to remove it for a part-time job. That resulted in it getting infected and now it's closed up. I haven't had it re pierced because I figure I'll have to take it out again. I find it very offensive that I was asked to take it out, but what can you do?
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jun 2009, 00:59
grunge.
I still say that her face would totally rock on the sims game.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jun 2009, 06:49
& skull.
they look shit. she's an idiot. i'm glad she finally admitted it. moron.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Jun 2009, 15:59
Blitch. [+1]
My job is very "professional" and I don't have to cover up my tattoos. We do foreign credential evaluations for immigration, employment, and continuing education purposes. I have a tattoo on my wrist that is always visable and they don't care. I am going to be a dental hygienist and even then I won't have to "cover up" my tattoo... except with gloves obviously! I just don't see what the big deal is? If they're religious/disrespectful/etc. I completely understand. But I don't see how a butterfly is offensive?
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends