Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Bloop Drama
opinon = drama?
0 likes [|reply]
17 Jun 2009, 23:29
.Love.Freely.
I'm not going to lie and say that our debates didn't irritate the hell out of me at certain points during them, but I can't lie and say that you weren't at least adult about things in the end and we came to at least some understanding even though we still didn't 100% agree.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jun 2009, 03:41
& skull.
well said. betting it'll be like throwing a tennis ball at a wall though. it'll just bounce off haha.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jun 2009, 08:14
Super Logica
Err, I must point out that I have never been treated as a complete idiot by Red Frag. So either you are wrong or she thinks I am special and can understand her (via your own logic of her being narcissistic). While I would of course point out that I am a very special person worthy of the world's worship, I'm pretty sure that my friendship with Red Frag is not based on that.

I also don't think she has ever appeared to be an authority on every subject. Heck, there is only one person I can think of on bloop who does that (or maybe two, now I think about it), and even then I wouldn't judge someone solely for doing that. You can form an opinion on anything if you read up on it. There is nothing wrong with being able to discuss a variety of topics.

Finally, I'd just like to say that as a fairly neutral bystander (neutral in the sense that while I know Red Frag and don't know you, I would be unlikely to get involved in this argument unless there was something I particularly wanted to say), the comments you made earlier in this thread did look like they were written with someone in mind. I'm not saying you were thinking of Red Frag when you wrote them, but I personally think they were directed at someone on Bloop and it's not unreasonable of Red Frag (and Tommy, it would appear!) to think it was directed at her (or him!).
0 likes [|reply]
16 Jun 2009, 21:02
.Blue Bella.
I think the biggest problem with opinion on Bloop is that some people believe that if your opinion differs to theirs, then you are clearly personally attacking them.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Jun 2009, 22:14
~RedFraggle~
Yes, I agree. Some people on here are far too sensitive.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Jun 2009, 22:15
Chris
I think the biggest problem with opinion on Bloop is that some people believe that if your opinion differs to theirs, then you are clearly personally attacking them.

This.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Jun 2009, 22:28
.Blue Bella.
Huh?
0 likes [|reply]
16 Jun 2009, 22:37
lithium layouts.
I think he agrees with you. xD
0 likes [|reply]
16 Jun 2009, 23:02
.Blue Bella.
Hahaha well, there ya go :P
0 likes [|reply]
17 Jun 2009, 02:26
& skull.
this = i agree ;D
0 likes [|reply]
17 Jun 2009, 02:27
& skull.
tannin's are in wine. i don't remember a thread about wine...

j/k ;D just thought i'd be a smart ass.

opinions are fine, it's when people get heated over someone else not accepting an opinion that the name calling etc starts. opinons aren't facts, and some people like to think they are. and as genes said, some people think different opinion = personal attack on their intelligence/character.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Jun 2009, 02:32
Mary Magdelene
And then you have the people that actually do flat out attack someone's character because of their differing opinion. So while some people merely think it's a personal attack on their character, some people actually make it a personal attack on the other person's character...."you don't believe the same way I do, so you're ignorant and stupid."
0 likes [|reply]
17 Jun 2009, 02:34
& skull.
very true. gotta love the variety of assholes here ;D
0 likes [|reply]
17 Jun 2009, 02:41
Mary Magdelene
Variety is what makes the world interesting, is it not? ;-)
0 likes [|reply]
17 Jun 2009, 02:50
.Blue Bella.
That is true, but at the same time some people really ARE ignorant and their opinions can at times appear ignorant and people need to be able to accept that people WILL perceive their views as ignorance and not all people will abstain from pointing that out.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Jun 2009, 03:15
Mary Magdelene
Therein lies the problem: What constitutes as actual ignorance?

I have seen people accused of being ignorant, unintelligent, and uneducated because they base their opinion on the moral code they believe to be true and correct. They're not ignorant, they're not unintelligent. They know both sides, they understand where the other side is coming from. They just have a different system of beliefs than the other party. But because they refuse to change their opinion because it goes against everything they believe to be morally good, they are then told they are ignorant and their personal character is attacked by those who oppose their views. Like they are somehow a bad person because they have that different opinion based on a different set of moral beliefs.

Does basing your opinion around your personal moral beliefs constitute as ignorance?

0 likes [|reply]
17 Jun 2009, 03:24
.Blue Bella.
I think it has the potential to make you ignorant if you don't open your eyes to other possibilities. Doesn't mean your views or opinions should have to change, but if you simply refuse to look beyond those, it can make you seem ignorant.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Jun 2009, 03:51
Mary Magdelene
But to many, "opening your eyes to other possibilities" seems to equal changing your mind about your opinion, and if that doesn't happen then you are ignorant (or many other names that get called in such instances).

The funny thing is, I have found that generally (though definitely not as a rule) those doing the ignorance name-calling are the ones less able to open their eyes to other possibilities, while the ones being accused of being ignorant have offered other possibilities where BOTH sides of the argument could be happy with the outcome. (I know I'm being kinda vague, but I'm trying not to specifically bring up a past thread)

0 likes [|reply]
17 Jun 2009, 04:17
.Blue Bella.
I don't think that opening your eyes to other possibilities means you have to change your mind... it just means that you accept that there are other possibilities. Doesn't mean you have to change your mind on anything at all.

Vagueness is irritating to be honest, I won't lie. If you have a point to make, and you're trying to do so by vaguely touching over it - yet not - then you're somewhat wasting my time with your responses. By all means, bring up whatever it is you're trying NOT to bring up, so that what you are trying to say makes a little more sense. (Sorry that sounds ruder than I intend it to be, but the point is, being vague makes things somewhat confusing).
0 likes [|reply]
17 Jun 2009, 05:16
Mary Magdelene
Being specific about the particular thread isn't necessary. My vagueness doesn't deter from the point.

The point is there are some people out there who have proven that as far as they are concerned, the only way to not be ignorant is to change your mind and agree with their opinion. If they disagree with your opinion and you don't change your opinion to be more compatible with theirs, you are and remain ignorant and of poor character. People need to realize that one's non-ignorance and character is not determined by changing their mind, but by their ability to accept that someone else may have a different opinion and not force them to change.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Jun 2009, 06:26
[mandie knickers]
i agree with this.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Jun 2009, 05:52
lithium layouts.
I think tannins are in tea too. xD
0 likes [|reply]
17 Jun 2009, 02:48
kein mitleid
What's that quote?