Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Duggar family: Another baby on the way!
0 likes [|reply]
18 Apr 2009, 00:15
.love.struck.
I was JUST commenting on it! I don't care! I'm just saying that after 18 children she has to be stretched out. That's it. The end.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Apr 2009, 04:33
love[SICK] surveys.
It creeps me out because his wife looks JUST like the majority of his sisters.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Apr 2009, 05:52
grunge.
Yeah, I thought that when I first saw her, creepy.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Apr 2009, 20:40
PakistaniDiva06
I think it's totally up to the individual to decided how many children is right for them. For the Duggar's and many other Christian's the decision is left to God. No one seems to mention or give an opinion about it when the millions of Catholics (and other denominations) leave the number of kids that they have up to God. Because they are in the public eye everyone has an opinion. There are many other families with a lot of children (large mega families) in fact the Duggar's have had one stay with them from Tennessee. I suppose my point is this, while it's not what everyone wants, there is no basis or right to judge. It's working for them, they support themselves and have no debt. They are happy. So I say, God Bless them.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Apr 2009, 20:57
Blitch. [+1]
You think they're having a lot of kids?!

The first of two wives of Feodor Vassilyev (Russian: Фёдор Васильев, 1707-1782, a peasant from Shuya), set the record for most children birthed by a single woman. She gave birth to 69 children. Few details are known of her life, such as her name, or her dates of birth or death. She gave birth to 16 pairs of twins, 7 sets of triplets and 4 sets of quadruplets between 1725 and 1765, in a total of 27 births. 67 of 69 children born survived infancy.

69 children, yo!

0 likes [|reply]
16 Apr 2009, 21:15
Mami 2 ♥ 1
hahaha where did you get your amazing facts? your post reminds me of when i was in elementary school and my BFF and i were playing MASH. one of the questions was how many kids do you want? i said 100,000. hahaha. i was so naive and clueless.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Apr 2009, 21:23
My Kids' Dad
God Bless the Duggar family's obedience to the Lord.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Apr 2009, 23:49
valencia
I feel that people need to adopt more,we are over populated. I would love to adopt children because so many kids are in our foster system. Why not take a chance on them and give them a loving home? I know I would! I would not judge the Duggers,as I love to see that show and really they are an awesome God serving family. From what I have seen they do not even past judgement on non-religious people. Has anyone met their cousin Amy (I think is her name)? She does not dress like them or anything but usually babysits the children when they go on outings and she is very vocal about the conservative views her family shares, I think It is awesome the Duggers let her voice her opiouns on their tv show and don't judge her. That shows they are a loving family unlike some religious people.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Apr 2009, 01:48
grunge.
Yeah Amy seems pretty cool, If I have to say something to my Mom it ends up in an argument. I want to adopt at least one kid, because I was adopted. I want to adopt a bi-racial kid because one of my adopted siblings is bi-racial, and he always asked my Mom to get a kid just like him, plus I think he could relate to "Uncle Joshua" if he ever has issues in school like my brother did. I would love them just the same.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Apr 2009, 17:39
Makayla
If they don't believe in birth control then they need to stop fucking so much!! hahaha
But seriously if I was that devote about not using any form of birth control after about 10 I would say ENOUGH!!
In my honest opinion the kids don't get the attention they need to develop any individuality. Plus they have to be on some kind of government assistance or they are getting donations or handouts somehow. Nobody can support 18 kids with the kind of income they have.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Apr 2009, 17:45
♥ Hollie
I believe they have several rentals to help aide the husband's income.

If you really have faith, God will provide and this family proves that.

0 likes [|reply]
17 Apr 2009, 17:46
Transit
I should think they get quite a lot of money from their television show, then they have their own business and properties they rent out.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Apr 2009, 17:53
Makayla
But still with that a child is the most expensive thing there is to have! I have one, and I can't imagine having all her costs times 18! It's really crazy. Plus I guess my real problem with the size of this family, is the children never get to be kids, once they are old enough they start watching their brothers and sisters, and cooking and cleaning constantly. They need time to be kids!
0 likes [|reply]
17 Apr 2009, 17:55
Transit
I agree with you there about the children missing out.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Apr 2009, 19:51
.love.struck.
I agree. I don't think it is their job to babysit the younger children. It was the parents decision to have more kids, they should do it all. Kids need to be kids. You know with that many kids, they are all secretly dying for some one on one attention from their parents. And I definitely think that they should teach their children other things about birth control. What they feel about it is their opinion, not their children's opinion. A girl should have been taught options because it is her body and her decision when she wants to have kids. Look at the son, he was only married 3 months before his wife got pregnant. That to me shows how sheltered and uneducated they are about sex.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Apr 2009, 19:59
Transit
They have been taught about contraception, they choose not to use it.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Apr 2009, 00:17
.love.struck.
You would think at least a couple of them would agree with birth control. It just sounds one sided since they are Christian and they teach Christian views. I just wonder if any of them actually got a full on real teaching about it. Or I wonder if they are doing it for their parents and don't want to disapoint them.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Apr 2009, 00:09
~*Pagan*~
I watched that show the other night...those kids are like house slaves.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Apr 2009, 00:17
.love.struck.
lol, seems like it.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Apr 2009, 00:27
PakistaniDiva06
If children aren't taught some form of responsibility than they are turned out into the world at 18 not knowing how to do anything. The only ones who have a whole lot of chores are the kids that are over 12. The rest of them run around and play. I had to do dishes, wash laundry and babysit when I was in high school and it never killed me. I didn't look as stupid as the girl in my dorm freshman year who's Mom was teaching her how to do her laundry like halfway through the semester. I was independent and better for it. Kids have to learn. 50 years ago children helped out around the house the exact same way.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Apr 2009, 00:31
~*Pagan*~
And while you are perfectly entitled to your opinion mine remains the same.

I helped around the house as well. i didnt run it though.

and you REALLY think those particular children will go out into the world knowing a THING about it? Thats naive.

"Jim bob used to work in a grocery store and we have the younger kids trained so they stock the shelves correctly" fun childhood.

The family seems very happy and i dont dispute that. Its simply my NSHO that they should be kids more.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Apr 2009, 00:00
Pyretta Blaze
"The only way to make sure people you agree with can speak is to support the rights of people you don't agree with." Eleanor Holmes Norton
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends