Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Movies
Truly Disturbing Movies
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 18:06
Poetic Justice
Yeah, I looked at it on the shelf and I was like "Wow, I really shouldn't waste the time or money because I know this is going to suck....", and then I watched it and was completely floored. Probably because I already hate ski lifts lol.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Apr 2011, 05:26
Lovin'MyLittles
Exorcism of Emily Rose.
Believe it or not, Paranormal Activity.
Amityville Horror or whatever that one was.

I can't watch stories like the ones above. Gives me the creeps. I'll take Freddie or Jason any day. LOL
0 likes [|reply]
2 Apr 2011, 20:14
movie-frog
@ *-.Stephanie.-*
Oh, the Amityville Horror got me, but I had to stop watching when the priest was trying to exorcise the house or whatever, and there were all the flies.. ew.

I agree... the monsters and bad guys are easier to watch because they're not as scary! But I'm trying to see if I am still able to be freaked out! Lol it's been such a long time since I've scared myself.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Apr 2011, 21:20
- misseriin*
Cannibal Holocaust, I Spit on your Grave, Last House on the Left. Basically anything like those. I asked my boyfriend, he's into gross horror movies like that
0 likes [|reply]
5 Apr 2011, 01:08
Bellatrix Lestrange
Hm... These aren't scary but they're definitely disturbing:
- The Human Centipede
- The Last Exorcism
- Buried
- Requiem for a Dream
- Black Swan
Hm... Can't think of any right now. Apparently Irreversible is screwed up!
0 likes [|reply]
29 Mar 2011, 23:51
Unauthorized
The Human Centipede..hahaha

well, it's not so much scary..but it's creepy and disgusting.

There are no scary movies like you want. I want them too..back in the day, The Ring came close. It had potential..but then it was forever ruined by the Ring 2..
0 likes [|reply]
29 Mar 2011, 23:57
movie-frog
I've had a couple people tell me The Human Centipede is gross, but not really scary. I'm debating whether to watch it or not.

I wish it was easier to freak myself out. Back when I was 12, anything with scary music gave me nightmares, but now I'm so dissociated from it... *sigh*

I like psychological thrillers, or stuff with a lot of violence - I enjoyed Funny Games, but that wasn't scary, just kind of violent and weird.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 00:18
Jessica [Private]
@Movie-frog: I saw the trailer for The Human Centipede, and it grossed me out so bad that I refused to watch it. My brother braved it though. He said it wasn't a terrible movie, but that it was the grossest thing he's ever seen, and that he won't be watching the sequel.

I think the movie I thought was scariest, was the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre and the sequel. I threw up during the part where leather-face puts salt on the stubs of the guy on the fish hook. I actually watched the ending of the movie though ;D And the beginning of the second one, but I refused to watch more than about ten minutes of it.

Obviously I'm not much for scary movies ;D

Paranormal activity scared me too, but in a good way. I'm excited to see the second one :)
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 00:21
movie-frog
@ Patchwork -- Oh good, I was hoping someone would bring up Paranormal Activity. I thought the idea sounded great -- documentary style. I'll definitely try to watch that one. :-)

I saw the TCM with Jessica Biel, I think? I got bored, though.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 00:38
Jessica [Private]
@Movie-frog: I think part of the reason I thought Paranormal Activity was so good, was that when I watched it I thought it was real ;D I didn't find out until afterwards that it wasn't. There's a few different endings, depending on the version you watch. I heard the movie version was better than the one I saw. Mine wasn't too bad though (I don't know which version it was, sorry!)

Even though I know the second one isn't "real", I'll probably still be scared. I saw there was a baby in that one, and I usually freak out when things happen to babies in movies ;D
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 13:46
Lauren.
Haha, I thought Paranormal Activity was real, too, when I first saw it. And Paranormal Activity 2 freaked me the heck out, but I was 38 weeks pregnant when I saw it and it had a baby in it :(. Not cool!
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 06:19
*Forever Changing*
Paranormal Entity was MUCH better than Paranormal Activity. :)
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 19:14
American
I saw that and thought it'd just be a rip off - but you say it's good? I'm gonna have to find a trailer now.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 02:38
Unauthorized
@ movie-frog..Human centipede is really disgusting. The kind of disgusting that you feel ashamed even watching, but you can't turn it off. You want to, but you want to see the end, but you wish it would hurry up and get there so you can remove that filth from your mind. Which-is not easy to do. I'm thinking my brother is a huge creeper for wanting that movie..

I liked The Strangers and the new Halloween movies..but I'm sure those are old news. I always make a mental list of new scary movies I want to see and then I forget..

0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 10:07
& skull.
the human centipede was so tame. he's making another one like it, with more people and which makes the first one "look like my little pony". we'll see. i for one found it fairly tame.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 16:34
Unauthorized
@ & skull..I agree it was tame in the sense that it really didn't 'show' any of the really disgusting aspects it could have..but for me it had some unexplainable element to it that I didn't care for. I don't know..it was just disgusting in a lot of random little ways that slowly add up and near the end I just wanted it to be over. It felt like a waste of time..but then again, it's not one of those movies I would have watched if it had not been here. Just not the type of scary movie I'm interested in.

0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 05:17
♪ Jen ♫
I was just going to suggest Funny Games, though like you said its not scary just... weird lol
0 likes [|reply]
29 Mar 2011, 23:57
xoxo♥
A sci fi movie called Ssss LOL It's just the fact they actually made a movie called Ssss lol
0 likes [|reply]
29 Mar 2011, 23:58
movie-frog
@ Squirrel Toots -- "ssss"? Wow, what a creative name... is it about snakes? Lol!
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2011, 05:43
xoxo♥
I don't remember LOL I found it many moons on Amazon.com though. It was hilarious! lol I found it haha!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Sssssss-Strother-Martin/dp/B00023P4V0/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1301550169&sr=1-1
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 00:44
Tiger.10.Baby
If you want a movie to remember, watch The Human Centipede! Such a gross and disturbing movie! I know its not scary but it's a movie that leaves a lasting impression.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 00:50
Estella
I'm sure I've recommended this to you before - Dogtooth. It doesn't strictly speaking fall into the category of horror, and it is actually pretty humorous at times, but it is also incredibly disturbing. Incredibly clever too. Brilliant movie. A quick review and a trailer are here: http://www.vervepics.com/dogtooth
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 01:01
Estella
Another disturbing movie (but not humorous this time) is 'Death and the Maiden', with Sigourney Weaver and Ben Kingsley. I guess that would fall into the psychological thriller category. It's not so much escapism horror though - it's disturbing because it deals with torture and rape. Like, it's quite heavy. It's a damn good movie though - Sigourney Weaver is always an excellent actress.

I'm guessing you must have seen 'Silence of the Lambs' and 'Sixth Sense', as everyone seems to have seen these, but if not, they're quite fun psychological thrillers (not terribly disturbing though).
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 01:19
movie-frog
I've seen Silence of the Lambs - loved it for the characters and the story.
I saw Sixth Sense, but since I was already told the ending, it kind of defeated the purpose.

You mention Dogtooth and I *know* I've heard of that title, so you probably have. I have to go look that up again.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 01:48
Estella
I think I must have been the only person who didn't know or guess the ending of Sixth Sense and was genuinely surprised at the end! Quite a feat really, considering I was watching it with a bunch of drunk friends who'd seen it before and were finding it very difficult to restrain themselves from telling me! ;D

You will love Dogtooth though. I can't really think of any hardcore horrors, as I don't tend to watch them. I like the ones that are more humorous or more psychological thrillers. Dogtooth was disturbing though - people in the movie theatre were gasping and wincing and making all kinds of shocked noises near the end! I was doing that the whole way through, but I'm a bit of a lightweight! ;D
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends