Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Movies
Truly Disturbing Movies
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 01:13
Estella
Another one I thought of - it's horror, but it's also parodying horror, so it's also quite clever and humorous - 'Scream'. (I keep thinking I'm coming up with obvious ones, but as you're younger than me, I guess you won't have seen it when it first came out, so you might not have seen it). It's not really disturbing, except in a silly obvious way, but the mystery/thriller side is fun, and the parody is great.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 03:20
Beautiful Lies
Human Centipede isn't as gross as it could be. I watched it and it was creepy and wrong in so many ways, but it wasn't as disgusting as it could have been. They don't actually show you how they're connected because they leave the bandages on the whole movie so it's not like you can see how gross it is.

Anyway, a movie that really scared the hell out of me was The Descent. Out of all the weird shit that could possibly live in places that no one really knows about (like the cave in the movie) it seems almost believable. And if it is real... dear god that's scary. lol.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 03:21
I think the problem is that there really are not truly disturbing movies made any more, at least not in the sense you seem to be looking for. Most tend to go for the gross you out tactic. However, movies that never fail to give me the creeps are:

-House on Haunted Hill (The new version, from '99 I think)
-Both of the Paranormal Activity movies
-The Collector (Mainly because of the things that are done in the movie, not because it's creepy per se)
-A Nightmare on Elm Street (The original version)
-Silent Hill (The nurses get me every time. The jerky way they move just disturbs me)
-13 Ghosts (Ghosts tend to creep me out in general, but the disgusting nature of the ghosts in this movie just completely freak me out)

There is also a movie coming out this weekend that could be rather creeptastic if done well. It's called Insidious.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 05:20
♪ Jen ♫
Oh god, those nurses in Silent Hill! That and the fucking siren thing, those sounds give me panic attacks lol
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 10:06
& skull.
there's a fire house near me that has an air raid siren. thanks to silent hill, that now scares me shitless every time it goes off.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 03:27
Addicted to Craft
I have a weird sense of horror. I found Paranormal Activity to make me jump but not enough that I couldn't be in the house alone. Blair Witch Project scared me a bit but I still went camping. All other horror movies were just too gross and fake to be considered scary. IT is still a favorite but not because of the "fear" but because I just really like it... because I'm weird. There are a few movies from my childhood that I can't watch still and they're not even horror movies! Well, one is and it's Communion also known as Alice Sweet Alice. It was so damn creepy that I've blocked most of the movie. It's probably not even that bad but I can't watch it. It's an old movie from the 70s. The other scary movies: Return To Oz, Labryinth and Neverending Story. I don't know WHY I can't watch them but they freak me out. Children of Men scared the crap out of me. I'm talking major anxiety attack. I'm strange. :P
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 03:48
.like.a.drug.
Return to Oz used to scare the CRAP out of me when I was little. I think it was the woman who could remove her own head!
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 05:03
SugarNSpice Surveys
The orignal The Omen. Oh, Wicker Man really freaked me out. It's not TOO gruesome but the storyline just made me go WTF and creeped me out. Also, I mentioned on FB, Wolf Creek. But it's an Aussie movie so I'm not sure if it's out there? Um, let me think...well the Saw movies are very gruesome but the storylines are actually pretty good; at least I thought so. I liked Phonebooth with Collin Farell (sp?) - it's more of a thriller and suspense but it's not bad and Perfect Stranger with Halle Berry and Bruce WIllis. I know I can think of more but my brain is shutting off right now. lol.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 06:31
True
Teeth... the girl's va jay jay has teeth... & it bites!!!
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 10:12
& skull.
101 days of sodom is pretty fucked up. if you're after disturbing. i've seen a lot of weird shit. not much really disturbs me any more. i have more, but i'm half asleep and borrowing internet. i'll come back later.
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2011, 20:25
Winged Centaur
Is that based on the book 120 Days of Sodom by Marquis de Sade?
0 likes [|reply]
3 Apr 2011, 08:18
& skull.
it is indeed. was banned here, in australia, for years. i'd heard of it then one day i'm looking in a dvd shop and there it is sitting in the import section. wtf.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 10:22
mo0se
arachnophobia! That movie scared me so badly, still can't watch it! Bad boy bubby i think it's called grossed me out in the first 10 minutes, had to turn it off, not so much scary just sick in the head! And wolf creek if you can find it, it's got a decent plot in my opinion
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 10:29
movie-frog
@mo0se -- Ooh, I can't do spiders or bugs of any kind... they squick me out. *shudder*
Someone else recommended wolf creek to me as well - that sounds good.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 13:50
Lauren.
There are a couple of movies that had me freaked out to the point of not sleeping... they were When a Stranger Calls and The Strangers, just because that shit REALLY happens.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 14:15
.like.a.drug.
@Lauren - I saw The Strangers when it first came into theatres and sometimes if I can't sleep I still get freaked out! Realistic horror movies scare me much more than anything else.

The original When A Stranger Calls was scary too. I haven't seen the most recent one.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 17:54
movie-frog
@ like.a.drug -- Yes! Realistic horror movies are the ones I love... if it *could* happen, then I freak right out. Monsters are interesting, but they don't do it for me at all.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 19:00
HorrorVixen XO
My dad has to watch the SAW movies durring the day!! yup, he's that scared of them...
0 likes [|reply]
30 Mar 2011, 21:13
ღPhoenix
oh how i love horror movies.....i'll give you my top favs:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original 1974 version).... i like the original better cause Leatherface isnt some beefed up guy with a skin condition....hes just a psychopath that likes to wear people...
The Ruins... an ex of mine told me we had to see it (ended up passing on it at that point and renting it later)......creepy and gross....its awesome.
The Strangers..... I saw that movie with my sister, and we both got freaked out. I couldnt go outside in the dark..and i didnt answer my door for a week...it STILL freaks me out...
Shutter..... i'm not big into the movies that are remakes of japenese movies (the ring, the grudge, one missed call) cause they all sucked....but Shutter was pretty darn decently done.
House on haunted Hill..... its just uber creepy, and i love chris katan.
The Saw franchise (you can skip number 5 though....cause it pretty much blew)....i've loved them since the begining, they screw with your mind...and its bloody....the first one is my favorite.
Midnight Meat Train.... i rather like this movie.... its weird, and creepy
also Jeepers Creepers, 30 days of night and a movie called Strangeland (its a b-movie with Dee Snider from twisted sister)
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2011, 02:21
kein mitleid
Um... Requiem for a Dream.

Also, if you want screwed up movies, check out "Oldboy" (it's part of the "Vengeance" series.)

0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2011, 09:53
♪ Jen ♫
YES! Oldboy! heh a bit twisted.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Apr 2011, 02:22
raen
Oldboy ruled!
0 likes [|reply]
2 Apr 2011, 06:53
lithium layouts.
I was just about to post that movie.

Seriously that movie will haunt me forever.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Apr 2011, 06:53
lithium layouts.
^ @kein mitleid
0 likes [|reply]
31 Mar 2011, 18:29
HorrorVixen XO
i love House of 1,000 Corpses!
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends