Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Deathly Hallows Part 1
0 likes [|reply]
29 Nov 2010, 04:39
Aspiring Boxer
And I completely forgot about Hedwig dying! I'm really glad someone said that on here otherwise I would have been caught off guard. :(
0 likes [|reply]
29 Nov 2010, 19:35
rabbit heart
@Aspiring Boxer I'm shocked that there is such little catering for the deaf where you live. Here in the UK it's compulsory that for every film there must be at least I think its five showings a week that have subtitles or captions, and audio description for the blind. I hope you get to see it soon! x
0 likes [|reply]
29 Nov 2010, 22:53
Aspiring Boxer
They have been getting better about having the movies in the movie theater with OC or in rear view. For example - where I live, there are six movies available in OC but they are all taking turns: Morning Glory is playing in OC right now (today's the last day). Tomorrow, it will be Skyline then Harry Potter #7 then Burlesque then Faster, with Tangled being the last movie available in OC. They only have one movie playing in OC at a time so they have to take turns. I agree, they could do so much better but it's a huge step from before. I remember when I was a kid, there were no CC in the movie theater, my parents would literally sit next to me and try to interpret the entire movie for me.
I think that the UK is 10 years ahead of America re: deaf/hard of hearing accommodations, I'm not 100% sure. I do know that France is supposedly 10 years behind America when it comes to accommodations for the deaf (I have a deaf friend who is studying abroad in Paris right now and she's having a very difficult time there because the deaf people aren't treated the same there as they are in America).
0 likes [|reply]
30 Nov 2010, 17:27
Kayra+2♥
I'm assuming they are going to kill off Fred in the next movie, George got his ear blown off and what not and Dobby died. =\ I was really expecting Fred to die, that left me squirming in my seat. Cannot wait until the next movie!!!
0 likes [|reply]
30 Nov 2010, 20:51
Chris
Fred doesn't die until the very end of the book, so he's got a while to go.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Nov 2010, 20:52
Kayra+2♥
I remember but I expected them to go out of order a bit with this one.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Nov 2010, 20:52
Kayra+2♥
I remember but I expected them to go out of order a bit with this one.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Nov 2010, 20:53
Chris
I don't know why...
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends