Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Deathly Hallows Part 1
0 likes [|reply]
4 Dec 2010, 00:03
~RedFraggle~
@Acid Fairy: Agree with everything you just said. :)
0 likes [|reply]
21 Nov 2010, 04:00
Pixie.Rain
damn it! i knew i shouldn't have came to the forum.. never read the book was looking forward to the movie.. now that i know dobby dies.. i really don't want to see it.. shocks.. (shrugs) oh well..
0 likes [|reply]
1 Dec 2010, 00:45
Hidden Depths
You should still see it. The circumstances are quite unique!
0 likes [|reply]
21 Nov 2010, 06:45
danigrlpurhottness
All in all I liked it I read a few reviews about it being slower paced I did notice some differences but that were not huge enough to really matter and Hubby who never read the books only seen the movies was able to follow along just fine. Not the best of them but stuck to the book better then others have.
0 likes [|reply]
22 Nov 2010, 00:01
RealLifeComics
Was good movie, still dont like Harry or his wimpy friends. Im more on the bad guys side. So I was happy to see Dolby stumbling around on the beach with his hands on his chest. Bellatrix = awesome.
0 likes [|reply]
24 Nov 2010, 02:13
Bellatrix Lestrange
@dayz_of_fate: Bellatrix is full of win!
0 likes [|reply]
22 Nov 2010, 22:45
Emily the Strange
I adored the movie, but it took me a while to like it. I had to realize that it's a lot like the first part of the book: a lead-up to the action and wand-zapping and fighting. But, I liked it. It was fun, I laughed, I gasped; it was good. ^_^
0 likes [|reply]
23 Nov 2010, 03:39
Winged Centaur
I was highly disappointed with the movie. But then again, I was highly disappointed with the last book. I had hoped that the movie would take that privilege of changing things from the book and TAKE OUT THE TWO HOURS OF THEM DOING NOTHING IN THE WOODS.

It was just really lacking a plot. Or any sorts.

For example, Harry and Hermione hang out in the words for thirty minutes movie time, then decide, "Maybe we should go to Godric's Hollow." I'm like, "It took you thirty minutes to come to this conclusion? I figured out that's where you should go in the wedding scene." Seriously, it just DRAGGED on.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Nov 2010, 03:57
Chris
@Winged Centaur is a babe: You're forgetting the fact that this is the last book. The fans would have been rabid if one single thing was taken out. Everything is relevant. Everything.
0 likes [|reply]
23 Nov 2010, 15:42
Me, I'm Not
Loved the movie! It was amazing!
0 likes [|reply]
23 Nov 2010, 15:47
kein mitleid
I saw it, and thought, wait, who's behind all this? What happened to that guy's face, and why is his eye all metallic and stuff? Maybe he was a survivor from the original test or something? And then maybe, is that guy with the chip in his brain supposed to represent the feeb from the first movie?

Oh wait, I'm thinking of Cube:Zero that I just watched on Netflix.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Nov 2010, 16:57
raen
LMAO!!! Hurrah
0 likes [|reply]
24 Nov 2010, 21:35
Kelsey Lynn xox
I thought this movie was an adequate balance of the book. They definitely kept really close to the book, I think people were pissed after the Burrow was burned down ( WHICH MADE ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE) in the 6th movie. I especially liked the fact that they kept the camping down to a minimum (at least I thought) as compared to the book. I remember reading the book and getting to the camping at like 3 am (I went to the midnight release and read it in one night xD) and being like BLOODY HELL CAN WE GET SOME ACTION?! I really never got bored with the camping because they kept it filled with some sort of action. When they went to the Ministry, it was exactly how I imagined it. But, am I the only one that was FURIOUS they cut out the funeral?! C'mon, its Dumbledore. We needed a funeral. Stupid.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Dec 2010, 06:00
Opie's Old Lady
O M G I'm right there with you. Like honestly, it's DUMBLEDORE, how can you not do it? And it totally would have explained why George? was all like "Well hello" when he caught Ginny & Harry kissing!!!
0 likes [|reply]
24 Nov 2010, 23:04
once.upon.a.time.
I saw the movie on Tuesday and I think I might go see it again tomorrow, solo!!
I loved it!!! :D I found that since they are splitting the movie in two, they are actually doing a good job
of keeping close to the book. So, yay. I can't wait to watch it again. lol.

@Kelsey Lynn - they definitely should have had Dumbledore's funeral!! And the burning down of the Burrow was shit! I cried at that part in the 6th movie. :( Bahh.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2010, 04:53
Acid Fairy
I loved it. I don't usually like the HP films but this was brilliant.

In previous films, they tried to fit too much in. It was action, action, action, constant and non stop. This one had a much more relaxed tone and it really showed everybody's abilities off as actors.
I quite like films where you can just appreciate the acting and not be wowed by CGI and shit. Although the CGI was brilliant, and I loved the scenes inside the Ministry; the parallels with Nazi Germany were so apparent and it was brilliantly done.

It followed the book so perfectly. Places I had imagined in my head whilst reading the book looked EXACTLY the same in the film which I LOVED.

So psyched for the next one!!
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2010, 07:23
ღPhoenix
just saw it. I read the book (all of them) and have seen all the movies. This is by far the best one.

and even though i knew it was coming (and started to cry like a baby minutes before hand) i was sad to see dobby go....

for the 2nd part i'll remember my kleenex...
0 likes [|reply]
27 Nov 2010, 02:38
Bellatrix Lestrange
@ +*_Zombeh_Brainz_*+ :
For Part 2, I will remember my kleenex for Bellatrix Lestrange *sobs* P:
0 likes [|reply]
25 Nov 2010, 23:23
~RedFraggle~
Firstly I think it's stupid to come into a forum thread like this and think there won't be spoilers.

Secondly, the people who said nothing happens... Were you watching the same movie I was? It was one dangerous situation after another from start to finish... The attack at the wedding, the escape from the Death Eaters on Tottenham Road (interestingly changed by the movie to Shaftsbury Avenue!)... The breaking into and then escaping from the Ministry, the encounter with Nagini at Godric's Hollow... The escape from the Lovegoods... Being chased by Snatchers... And of course the events at Malfoy Manor. Nothing happening... REALLY?!? 

Furthermore the movie followed the book pretty much scene by scene. So anyone who read the book really shouldn't be surprised by the fact they spend a lot of time in the woods and that this one is darker and more emotional. I loved that about it though.

So anyway, as for me (and I'm a massive fan of the books), I loved it! I'm the first to admit that books rarely translate straight into movies so I'm in awe of both JK Rowling and the director Yates, that this book has been transferred pretty much scene by scene onto film and yet it completely works. I really couldn't be happier with it. Everything I hoped for was there and just as I'd imagined it. I liked that they changed Hedwig's death slightly and I thought Dobby was done brilliantly. Yup, I was very happy and can't wait for my second viewing!
0 likes [|reply]
26 Nov 2010, 01:38
SugarNSpice Surveys
I totally agree - I didn't think that it was a movie where "nothing happens". To me, it was very action packed. Yes, when they were camping, things did quiet down somewhat but I liked that part. I guess it's to each their own but yeah, I agree with you.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Nov 2010, 16:21
jessi bear(:
@redfraggle ..i agree! i thought that the whole movie was suspenseful!

people that don't read the books and understand what's coming probably just don't realize how important all that stuff really was!

i should of read the book beforehand as a refresher.. i had forgotten that hedwig was going to die and it caught me off guard. :(
0 likes [|reply]
28 Nov 2010, 10:55
.Blue Bella.
Saw this today! The boyfriend was pissed coz there was not enough killing. No he's not read the books lol.
I enjoyed it. Number 6 is still my fave, but this one rates highly too. The only thing that disappointed me was missing out the funeral and they seemed to downplay Mad Eyes death.. Other than that though, they did a really good job of following the book.
It was a debate that I had with a mate today, regarding book to movie. He was like "they missed this, they missed that"... but to me they kept key points that were relevant and well lets face it, it would be stupidly long if they did it exactly to the book (not that I'd complain about that!) I think that this one had to be relatively tame in order to appropriately lead up to the next one. Very excited for that one!!
0 likes [|reply]
28 Nov 2010, 16:24
jessi bear(:
i thought they downplayed mad eyes death wayyy too much. in the book it was horrible and heartbreaking and in the movie it was like they just skipped right over it. i still wanted to cry because i loved that old loony, but they didn't give him a good send off at all.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Nov 2010, 04:01
RealLifeComics
Lol.

Honestly guys.

I really like most of the Harry Potter movies specially the latest ones... I dig the whole.. "the Goonies vs The Sith lords" (with a few wands for lightsabers) thing they got going. Though I agree that nothing happened in this movie. I haven't read the books and I don't plan to so get over it. Bunch of nerdy kids escaping and running away from a fight FOR THE WHOLE MOVIE doesn't count as anything rewarding or eventful. Not really into "teen suspense". These guys have been in WORSE situations before (trolls, giant spiders, werewolves, Sith Lords) and they are bigger losers than when they were kids. So I was pretty much left thinking "WTF is this?", still this was the first part of the whole thing, so forgiveness was easy... but.

I respect that people love the books and are passionate about the little kids. But.... Captain Four Eyes and JUNIOR high awkward romances? (common!! these guys are in their last years of school and no ones getting laid, not even alone in a tent. I though that would have been one of the reasons Ron would have gone!! It just tells me that it's all still for kids)... it was an GOOD movie, but there were so many cringable moments I began to hate. I couldn't understand why the three most battle experienced wizard kids could not at LEAST fight those Snatchers? (was that very "pretty" girls sword just for show?)

Also... did anyone else find that elf thing Dobby just hilarious when it died? It was SO bad!!! worst animated character ever, change your clothes you filthy thing! Recycled L.O.T.R ideas were there too that just made me go "ughh" and I swear the movie is just COVERED with Star Wars.

Expecting big things from next one, pretty excited :)
0 likes [|reply]
29 Nov 2010, 04:39
Aspiring Boxer
I still haven't seen the movie. :( I've been waiting for it to come out in OC (Open Captions) in the movie theater close to me or Rear View in Seattle.... It's taking forever! Seattle doesn't even know when they will offer HP in rear view even though there's a huge deaf population in Seattle. Where I live, they're going to have HP in open captions only between Dec 3rd and 6th so I have a very limited window frame to watch it. During times like this, I hate being deaf. I'm always the last one to see the best movies lol.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends