Search
Not Logged In
Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Liberals and atheists are more intelligent.
0 likes [|reply]
9 Mar 2010, 22:08
Acid Fairy
Oh gosh cos you're not taking that seriously are you? ;D

You should know by now that I and Estella take our Grammar Nazi duties extremely seriously!
0 likes [|reply]
11 Mar 2010, 01:32
Lauren.
And serious is should be. Bad Grammar is no joking matter!
0 likes [|reply]
9 Mar 2010, 07:44
Lethe
Oh Bloop Forums. how I love thee.
0 likes [|reply]
9 Mar 2010, 22:09
Acid Fairy
Glad I started off such entertainment! Religion is always a good Bloop forum topic!
0 likes [|reply]
11 Mar 2010, 16:38
T.A.I
Bloop Forums and I have had many a love affair.

I still long for the epic 18 page thread wars from years ago though.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Mar 2010, 17:26
Lethe
Now that Tommy's gone the drama just doesn't last. Not that I miss Tommy himself. Just his drama.
0 likes [|reply]
9 Mar 2010, 23:15
*Forever Changing*
I am liberal, and religous, but not overly religous. I believe in God, I question God, which is all okay from what I have been taught. I was also raised baptist though, and not a hugely strict religion. I am anything but the typical religous person, and I have seen close mindedness (is that even a word?) from both sides of the spectrum. Personally I think if they arent hurting you leave them alone. Obviously people's views do tend to affect the freedom you have in general, but in all honesty, if we all worried about what mattered in life, and society, and not the bull crap you see people fighting over the world would be a much better place.

Then again I am a hippie and I love everyone :)
0 likes [|reply]
11 Mar 2010, 21:27
Super Logica
THIS is a shining example of why liberals and atheists appear more intelligent than certain religious groups.

I think that's all I'm gonna say. A picture speaks a thousand words, 'n' all that....

(For Estella, I will point out that apostrophes must be the punctuation mark of Satan.)
0 likes [|reply]
11 Mar 2010, 22:25
Acid Fairy
OMG! LOVE!!!
0 likes [|reply]
12 Mar 2010, 07:15
~RedFraggle~
But of course the emphasis is on 'certain religious groups'. That sign doesn't represent religion in general, only the minority. And there's plenty of athiets who are just as stupid.
0 likes [|reply]
12 Mar 2010, 10:25
Transit
such as those loving the sign!
0 likes [|reply]
12 Mar 2010, 14:12
Acid Fairy
That makes me stupid? Um ok then love. If we're going to descend to petty insults just let me know.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2010, 21:47
~RedFraggle~
I think her point is that just as to produce such a sign seems like a stupid thing to do... to use such a sign as a representation of Christians as less intelligent COULD also be perceived as being rather stupid and closeminded.

I personally don't see why anyone would LOVE such a sign... I assume you love it because it gives you a feeling of superiority, as you are clearly smarter than someone who created such a sign, and CLEARLY that means you are smarter because you are an athiest (that last bit was sarcasm). Or you are amused by it because you think it proves your point that athiets are smarter? (It doesn't by the way)

But if there was some sort of sign showing something stupid which an athiest has said, I don't think I'd love THAT sign. Because I don't have any negative feelings towards athiests, or a need to feel as if my beliefs are superior to theirs... and I'm also smart enough to know it's just something stupid ONE person has said, it doesn't represent an entire religious (or non-religious!) population.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2010, 21:52
Acid Fairy
I just think it is extremely ironic. And everybody loves a bit of irony!
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2010, 21:56
~RedFraggle~
Well, this is true. It is ironic. And I can appreciate that.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Mar 2010, 00:57
Super Logica
Umm, I didn't say anyone was stupid! I was very careful about that! In fact, my whole sentence was vetted by the PC police before it was posted!
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2010, 19:36
Estella
Alas, this is why Bloop has got so boring of late! Everyone is so PC! Can't we randomly name some stupid pplz? ;D
0 likes [|reply]
15 Mar 2010, 14:52
Chris
Transit's fun to troll sometimes, yo, if you're looking for PC-fun dramaz.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Mar 2010, 16:06
Estella
Transit? She's a naughty troll herself, yo! ;D
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2010, 21:40
~RedFraggle~
I know you didn't. I did! The sign IS stupid (although in fairness you said it was why liberals and athiests may seem "more intelligent" which isn't far off from saying it was stupid!). My point was that both Christians AND athiests can say and do stupid things. The sign isn't a good example of the general Christian population, only a minority of them.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Mar 2010, 21:53
Acid Fairy
That wasn't directed at you, you know that right? I love you! ;)
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends