Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
Local updates on Fort Hood Shooting
0 likes [|reply]
6 Nov 2009, 14:20
DivaAshley
These are several updates from our local news station. I was SHOCKED to read he is still alive this morning...

FORT HOOD - Fort Hood officials confirmed Friday morning that Nidal Malik Hasan, the soldier suspected of killing 13 people on Fort Hood, is on a ventilator in a local hospital.

Hasan is said to be in stable condition.

KILLEEN - Authorities rushed to surround the apartment complex where suspected Fort Hood shooter Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan lived following the shooting on post Thursday.

News Channel 25's Henry Rosoff was on the scene as police first established a perimeter. Officers told Henry they were waiting to search Hasan's apartment until the Fort Hood Bomb Squad could clear the building.

The bomb squad arrived just after 10:00 p.m. Thursday evening. They examined the apartment using a bomb-defusing robot. Soon after, the all clear was given and detectives swarmed the apartment.

Neighbors told News Channel 25 that Thursday Morning, Hasan was giving away all of his furniture and copies of the Qu' ran. They said Hasan was supposed to deploy in the coming days.

WASHINGTON (AP) - The base commander at Fort Hood says survivors of the shooting rampage have told him that the Army psychiatrist suspected in the violence carried out his gunfire in "a very calm and measured approach."

Lt. Gen. Robert Cone said in a nationally broadcast interview Friday that authorities have not yet been able to talk to the suspect, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, who survived and hospitalized on a ventilator.

Cone said some 300 soldiers were lined up to get shots and eye-testing at a Soldier Readiness Center when the shots rang out, killing 13 and injuring 30 others. Cone said one soldier who had been shot told him, 'I made the mistake of moving and I was shot again.' " The general said survivors told him that during the rampage, soldiers "would scramble to the ground and help each other out." Cone appeared on CBS's "The Early Show."

FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) - The base commander at Fort Hood says soldiers who witnessed a shooting rampage that left 13 people dead reported that the gunman shouted "Allahu Akbar!" before opening fire at the Texas post.

Lt. Gen. Robert Cone told NBC's "Today" show on Friday that suspected shooter, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, made the comment, which is Arabic for "God is great!" before the rampage Thursday that also left 30 people wounded.

Military officials say they are still piecing together what may have pushed Hasan, an Army psychiatrist trained to help soldiers in distress, to turn on his comrades.

Cone says Hasan was not known to be a threat or risk.

Hasan was shot four times during the rampage. Cone says he is hospitalized in stable condition and that military officials will interrogate him as soon as possible

0 likes [|reply]
6 Nov 2009, 17:31
Poisonous Rose
Wow you miss alot when you go away. Had no clue about this. All those poor soldiers and their families.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Nov 2009, 00:23
DivaAshley
Our "Adopt-A-School" unit that volunteers in our classrooms lost 4 soldiers, and had 11 injured yesterday. I am still in shock...
0 likes [|reply]
6 Nov 2009, 15:06
Mami 2 ♥ 1
:(
0 likes [|reply]
8 Nov 2009, 03:42
jessi bear(:
abcnews said that the shooter is also suffering from paralysis. i hope that he survives so that he can face his punishment for what he has done.
0 likes [|reply]
8 Nov 2009, 03:48
DivaAshley
I think, at this point, that is speculation. He has been transferred to San Antonio, and they aren't releasing any more information...
0 likes [|reply]
8 Nov 2009, 03:50
DivaAshley
The names of those who were killed has been released.
http://www.kxxv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11463315
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends