Nathan Fillion (Firefly, Castle) posted this on his character twitter on Halloween: Serious note. Take care of your teenagers so they can become seniors... like Mother. http://www.shelbysrules.com/
I checked out the website, and came across a tragic story, about a teenage girl who died from alcohol poisoning. Here is what I found.
On December 20th 2008 17 year old Shelby Lyn Allen died at a friend's home of alcohol poisoning. You would have liked her, she was fun, lively, silly and wise beyond her years, but what she didn't know killed her. She and her friends were ignorant of the fact that approximately 8 ounces of hard liquor (the size of a small juice glass) consumed in under 2 hours can be lethal. It may sound unfair but girls are even more susceptible to this type of death, due to their monthly fluctuations of hormones and body fat content.
On the first night of Christmas vacation, Shelbz and her friends were apparently playing a drinking game... everyone lost. The greatest tragedy of all was that this was a completely preventable death. Shelbz was texting most of the evening so many of her friends were aware that she was throwing up, if one of them had called for help the evening might have ended differently. Shelbz motto was "Dig Life" and in that spirit we, her family invite you to be a hero, here is how you can save the lives of those you love and maybe even those you don't know, get the word out - Drinking + Vomiting= Call 911
I just wanted to post this, because things like this happen way too often, and they are completely preventable.