Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Music
Screamo Music.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Oct 2009, 14:39
& skull.
kinda gathered it was your opinion, you didn't need to reiterate it twice.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Oct 2009, 14:57
feisty one.
You're right, I didn't need to. And I didn't reiterate anything once, much less twice.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Oct 2009, 15:03
& skull.
you stated your opinion, then you repeated it. that is reiterating. you didn't really need to tell me it was your opinion in the first place, as i had gathered that from the original post. so you did repeat yourself. twice. not sure why you responded to me about the most idle remark i made.

are we done now?
0 likes [|reply]
29 Oct 2009, 15:06
feisty one.
We are. I don't /do/ drama. Thanks for responding. Have a great day.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Oct 2009, 15:13
& skull.
if this is your idea of drama, you need to hang around here more. if you don't "do" drama i might suggest thinking about what is and isn't worth responding to.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Oct 2009, 15:16
feisty one.
The fact that you keep responding to me and trying to keep this going is immature and the kind of stuff that starts drama. So I suggest to you to stop talking to me. You asked if we are done...we are. Or at least I am.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Oct 2009, 15:27
& skull.
you're the one that called this "drama" when there's nothing remotely dramatic about it. you're also the one that kept responding with redundant statements. you even said in the start you didn't need to respond, and yet you did.

you strike me as the kind of person that just talks for the sake of hearing herself speak. people like you are very boring.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Oct 2009, 15:41
feisty one.
I don't talk just to hear myself speak. In fact I am usually a very quiet person. I only responded to your original post because you debated me calling screamo music "new-ish" and I was curious to know why you felt the need to say that. I agreed with the second part of the post - where you said you don't judge genres - because I don't either. I wasn't trying to argue with you. But once I responded, you obviously got offended and thus we are now having this pointless discussion which has now gotten to the point where have started name calling. So my point is now that if you find me boring and you don't like drama, why are do you continue to strike back at me? Just end it now and we can agree to disagree.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Oct 2009, 02:18
& skull.
i was hardly a hardly a debate. it was more a question, as i was surprised anyone would think it's new. it was just a comment. you didn't ask me why i thought it either, you said that's what YOU thought, and then repeated it a few times, never once actually agreeing with me about judging specific genres. all you did was add further redundant replies about something that was a complete non-issue. i was never offended at anything you said, i was more wondering why the hell you'd choose to respond to that and get so defensive over an opinion on the length of time something has existed. which lead me to think you probably just like to respond for the sake of it, and that makes you terribly boring - my opinion.
0 likes [|reply]
31 Oct 2009, 09:02
RealLifeComics
Lol... ah you guys...
0 likes [|reply]
29 Oct 2009, 03:04
//movielayouts//
One of my favourite bands, alexisonfire, is usually referred to as "screamo" - and I wasn't into them until I saw them live. But seeing them in concert was soooo much fun. You get to jump around, dance, scream, mosh - and because the music and the screaming is so powerful, especially live, it just makes the experience so much more fun. It's such a release, such a rush, and most of the people in mosh pits are super nice and just there to have fun as well, which makes the experience even better. So that's partly why I like them.

But I know what you mean, I don't usually like bands that only have screaming. Alexisonfire has 2 main singers, one that screams and one that sings (and actually has a beautiful voice). So they have a good balance. And I think their instrumentals are really good too. So yeah, I think that's why people are into that kind of music.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Oct 2009, 03:20
RealLifeComics
Oh yeah, a lot of "screamo" bands have so much energy on stage.
Alexisonfire is a fav band of mine.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Oct 2009, 12:07
Music God CJ Plain
That's another thing that's become incredibly overdone in tons of genres now as well. It started with Nightwish having 2 singers and now it seems almost every single "Goth/Symphonic Metal" band has 2 singers. One usually does the clean vocals and the other does the screaming style vocals. As in every genre...some bands do it very well and some just suck at it. LOL

I've heard good things about Alexisonfire though. I might have to check them out sometime.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Oct 2009, 15:01
//movielayouts//
Yeah, I've noticed too that a lot of bands have two singers... I wonder if they do that so that they appeal to a larger audience, you know?

You should definitely check out alexisonfire. Especially with their new album, they've really tried to take a step away from the "screamo" genre. :)
0 likes [|reply]
29 Oct 2009, 15:07
Music God CJ Plain
I will do that. I love when bands expand outside their comfort zone. And I ESPECIALLY hate when people call them sellouts for doing so. I'm not saying go and change your entire sound. But never be afraid to experiment.

as for the two singers thing, I'm not sure why bands do that. I know that more times than not, it does NOT work for them. Again, the name that comes to mind is Brokencyde. WORST musical disaster in HISTORY!
0 likes [|reply]
30 Oct 2009, 00:38
gravity girl
Seriously, YouTube a video by Brokencyde. Not a live one, one of their "official" videos. The dude that screams is hilarious. Every time he does, he HAS to pull on his hair. It's the stupidest thing ever.
0 likes [|reply]
30 Oct 2009, 02:13
Music God CJ Plain
Unfortunately, I've SEEN a video by Brokencyde. I wanted to stab myself in the ears and eyes to stop the horror.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Oct 2009, 03:58
RealLifeComics
Theres so many types of "screamo" bands out theres I lose track. These days MTV says that hard music is sung by skinny little shits who cant handle life and cry a lot, wear make up and have stupid hair. So "screamo" music becomes more of a fashion accesory than actual music.
In metal gigs Ive been to, I dont see many of those around, just long haired vikings with flannel shirts.

I like metal music because of the energy and hidden talent that lies in these bands. I like the fact that a lot of them arent well known too. Nothing funnier than seeing a teenybopper screaming yaay "The Used are so hardcore".
In saying that, there is a limit to how hard I like music, there are some bands that sing about really morbid shit like "Cannibal Corpse". Still metal is not the only thing I listen to. Hell, Im in a pop/rock band. I just like music.

Right now Alexisonfire, Protest the Hero and The Agonist are my favorite bands. Not sure as to what people class these bands as these days and dont care, I think they are just plain awesome.

The Agonist- Thank you Pain
Protest the Hero
Alexisonfire
0 likes [|reply]
29 Oct 2009, 12:10
Music God CJ Plain
LOL @ your The Used comment. I call that stuff Mall Metal.

and yeah, Cannibal Corpse is pretty morbid...I think the MOST Morbid band I've ever come across is either Deicide or a band called Mayhem. Mayhem has one of the most sadistic and messed up histories EVER!

0 likes [|reply]
29 Oct 2009, 15:02
//movielayouts//
I like Protest too.. I'm pretty sure Rody Walker is the funniest human being on this planet. Have you seen his videos on youtube? They're hilarious. So random. :P
0 likes [|reply]
29 Oct 2009, 15:14
Music God CJ Plain
Nope...that title DEFINITELY goes to Bowling For Soup. They're videos are freaking insanely funny.

BOWLING FOR SOUP
0 likes [|reply]
30 Oct 2009, 00:17
RealLifeComics
Ha yeah hes a quirky one. Dying to see them live, they came to Perth here a while ago and I missed them.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Oct 2009, 04:20
RealLifeComics
Enter Shikari anyone??

Youre not a winner
0 likes [|reply]
29 Oct 2009, 15:51
Laurarose
I actually like some screamo bands. I never used to, but I do like Slipknot and Killswitch Engage, and those alike. But I mainly like them because the majourity of their songs aren't completely sceamo. Songs that are completely screamo and have no real melody to them for me to get into I just don't both listening to.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Oct 2009, 16:50
Music God CJ Plain
Slipknot and Killswitch Engage are NOT even REMOTELY screamo...

This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends