Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Techie Talk
Page:  1 
Possible Crash?!?!
0 likes [|reply]
28 Sep 2009, 23:49
queenbutterfly
I was looking up the bio of Anne Sluti this afternoon when I was alerted to click and exit out of my screen after clicking a link. After I did that my computer rebooted and there was a program that was supposed to supposedly protect my computer, like an anti virus system. However, now we cannot access google and also my fiance's game World of Warcraft. Is there any way to tell if we have a virus or to reboot our system??? Please help before he kills me!
0 likes [|reply]
29 Sep 2009, 00:16
xanderthebuttmonkey
I'd run a full scan with whatever antivirus software you have installed
0 likes [|reply]
29 Sep 2009, 00:26
Music God CJ Plain
The ONLY way to get rid of that virus is to Reboot your system.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Sep 2009, 02:14
queenbutterfly
How do I reboot my system? I'm not good with computers, so I need full details. :-/
0 likes [|reply]
29 Sep 2009, 03:12
Music God CJ Plain
I got that virus a while back and the only thing that fixed it was restoring the computer to factory settings. That will require a windows restore disc. It will mean wiping the hard drives though.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Sep 2009, 03:02
serendipity.
I got that virus and didn't have to reboot. I don't remember how I got rid of it, but I didn't have to
0 likes [|reply]
29 Sep 2009, 00:35
Lauren.
Yeah, my Mom got a virus similar to that one. The ONLY thing that fixed it was completely restoring the computer :(.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Sep 2009, 00:03
immortalized artiste
If it was like Anti Virus 2009 or something, then it's a virus. I've had it before, you should type the program name into a search engine and look up a way to get rid of it.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Sep 2009, 12:17
lovehatehero♥
i had something similar too. saying it was an anti virus programme & it would pretend it was 'scanning' my computer & bombard me with pop-ups. when i caught it on my computer, i had no choice but to actually wipe everything off it & start from scratch, as it wouldn't let me download any anti virus programmes that would get rid of it. but when i caught it on my laptop, malwarebytes anti-malware got rid of it straight away. i'd give it a try, it's a free download too. hope you get rid of it! :]
0 likes [|reply]
29 Sep 2009, 12:19
lovehatehero♥
woops, i've just noticed i put programme instead of program, duhh haha ;D
0 likes [|reply]
29 Sep 2009, 16:41
Fenway_faithful
i had that a couple weeks ago and i was lucky cause there was a restore point on my computer that was right before I got the virus and
I restored my computer to that point and didn't lose much
0 likes [|reply]
29 Sep 2009, 20:27
queenbutterfly
Thanks for all the advice guys. I actually was able to catch Steve on line last night and he walked me through the restore process. Only problem? I still cannot access google or my gmail account. Blah. :-P
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends