Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1  2 
HIV Vaccine.
0 likes [|reply]
26 Sep 2009, 23:36
Minda Hey Hey™
That doesn't make any sense. I would STILL use a condom because there are many other STD/STI's you can get and have for life. So just because they make a vaccine doesn't mean I'm going to stop using condoms.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Sep 2009, 13:50
Acid Fairy
Yeah but the fact is what if the condom broke and, god forbid, you contracted it?
Shit I'd have the vaccine because nobody can predict what will happen in life.

And it's rare nowadays, but it can also be contracted through blood transfusions, especially in developing countries.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Sep 2009, 17:27
Minda Hey Hey™
I didn't say I wouldn't get the vaccine, but that wouldn't be the only thing I would rely on.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Sep 2009, 04:44
Rhapsody
Why is it when there is talk of AIDS, the first party discussed in the gay community? There are other ways to contract AIDS. For example: botched blood transfusion, dirty drug needles, helping an injured person and getting their blood in your system... just to name some.

And why would someone stop using condoms if they couldn't get AIDS? If not AIDS, it'd be another potential killer like... oh... say... Syphilis.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Sep 2009, 13:58
Acid Fairy
It's because, unfortunately, HIV is mainly prevalent in the gay community. At least I know it is here in the UK (I read a study). There are far more gay people than there are intravenous drug users, and through having anal sex (which I know doesn't just apply to gay couples), you reduce your chance of infection from 1 in 2000 to 1 in 20 (so my doctor told me).

This is why, in America and over here, if you wish to donate blood they ask you if you are gay or have had sex in the last year with a man who has engaged in sex with another man. And they have the yearly limit because it takes on average three months for the HIV antibodies to show up in a blood test.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends