Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Birth Control
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 00:57
Half Dozen Mama
And so I don't scare everyone from the IUD.. it IS on the most effective list of b/c. Its right there in the category w/ tubals & vasectomy's.... less than 1 pregnancies per 100 women. I'm just fertile myrtile. Literally.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 01:03
Newmommy09
My BF and I use the withdrawal. Weve been dating for over a year usually do it about 4 times a week and I havent gotten pregnant yet. I was taking Yaz or something before I met my BF and stopped cause it was making me break out and fat..lol and I didnt like it. I was using Nuva ring about 11 months ago and then my insurance got cancelled and I didnt go back on it. I would take the pill but im so forgetful and probably would end up pregnant that way..lol
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 01:39
Minda Hey Hey™
Weird. I was taught that abstinence was the way to go and if you made other choices then you could condoms, etc...never once did they say that withdrawal was a method--at all actually. But okay.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 02:03
Makayla
I'm here to say withdrawal DOES NOT work as birth control and shouldn't be depended on as the only form. I got pregnant TWICE from it. Although, when asked if I was using birth control while I got pregnant I said no because I do not consider "pulling out" as birth control.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 02:13
Makayla
I thought I should add to my post that maybe I should have put that it DOES NOT work for ME.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 02:28
Fiat
I have a question. Do men REALLY prefer the withdrawal method to condoms? Really? Because it seems awfully....terrible.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 02:33
Transit
Most of my guy friends say to quote "condoms totally numb your cock" they put it so nicely.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 02:48
*Forever Changing*
No, my husband doesnt prefer withdrawl to condoms, but at the point we were at, and have been in the past two years we honestly could not afford condoms.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Sep 2009, 16:07
Mami 2 ♥ 1
you can get free condoms for free from your local health department or planned parenthood.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Sep 2009, 02:12
Lauren.
I couldn't agree more :/...
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 02:32
.Broken Angela.
I'm on Seasonique I've been on it for two months and i love it.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 03:03
immortalized artiste
Alesse 28
Been on it for just over a year and a half... haven't had really any side-effects that I've noticed... except I think I'm becoming used to it because I'm getting my period longer than I should. :/
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 03:12
sexytoothpaste
I use yaz. I was on loestrin Fe ans it was the most AWFUL thing. I love yaz now. I don't have any bad side effects from it. Personally, I think the pull out method is very risky. I've always used protection because I really don't want babies for a long time.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 03:26
neverpretty
I was on Yas for three years, and now I've been on Yaz for a year. I've been sexually active the entire time and no accidents yet! Guess I'm lucky! :)
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 04:05
-kay
Honestly, Nuvaring would have been the most amazing thing ever for me, but I had this weird side-affect (TMI! But it was only because of my body chemestry), so I had to stop using it. :[
0 likes [|reply]
15 Sep 2009, 00:13
Kelsey Lynn xox
honestly, i think that would be weird. wouldn't it fall out during sex?
0 likes [|reply]
15 Sep 2009, 00:37
-kay
I never had a problem with it falling out ever. It just gets pushed aside when you have sex, although the month that I did have it, I wasn't having sex, so I can't say that from experience. But I've read other women's reviews and if I could have kept using it, I would have.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Sep 2009, 03:04
DivaAshley
It doesn't fall out during sex, and it was almost like it wasn't even there. *TMI* but, my hubby is NOT small, and he couldn't even feel it. I thought it was strange that he didn't, but he said he couldn't feel it. I never had a problem with NuvaRing at ALL.
0 likes [|reply]
15 Sep 2009, 15:00
Endless Love
No i doesn't fall out during sex, and my gyno actualyl told me if either person find it uncomfortable, you can actually take it out during sex, and it stays effective for 4 hours after removing it. She told me if netiher me or my boyfriend liked it during sex, just take it out, after we were done rinse it off and put it back in. I've actually heard of guys liking how it feels too cause TMI as my boyfriend at the time put it, "I added extra texture" and i've heard other guys say that too about their experiance with someone using the ring.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 04:20
kel-sy
I had a "Mirena" put in about a year ago. It's an IUD (intrauterine device), and has worked quite well. I haven't gained weight (haven't lost it either, but I'm pretty positive that's my bad dieting, because I lost 10 lbs this month from not drinking pop). I haven't had any obvious side effects, or if I have, I haven't linked it with the IUD. Here's some awesome info about it:

- It's 99% effective (I've never had any scares)
- You don't have to remember to take any crazy pill every day
- You don't even know it's there (I never feel it)
- It lasts for up to 5 years
- You are just as able to get pregnant as soon as it's taken out as you were before

I've heard a lot of people don't have their period anymore, although no such luck for me. On that note though, I've went from 7 day periods to 3 days periods ;)!

Hope you find the best BC for you out there.

And I agree, the pull out method is actually used by OB GYNs, obviously not as a suggested method, but a method none-the-less.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 04:35
Half Dozen Mama
To those who are confused on withdrawal being a form of birth control.....

When speaking of birth control, we are speaking about more than devices, drugs, or contraceptives in general.

Birth control, per wikipedia..

Birth control is a regimen of one or more actions, devices, sexual practices, or medications followed in order to deliberately prevent or reduce the likelihood of pregnancy or childbirth.

That being said, withdrawal is OBVIOUSLY not a form of contraceptive.. however, it is a sexual practice meant to prevent and/or reduce the chances of pregnancy. Therefore it is technically considered birth control.

And when used correctly, the statistics of becoming pregnant.. while definetly not as reliable as birth control.. aren't too terrible high, for not using any drugs or device.
Of every 100 women whose partners use withdrawal, 4 will become pregnant each year if they always do it correctly.
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/birth-control/withdrawal-pull-out-method-4218.htm

Forms of BIRTH CONTROL (remember, b/c is not limited to contraceptives) according to Planned Parenthood. (and many other links I wont bore you with.)
Abstinence
Implant
Patch
Pill
Ring
Shot
Sponge
Breastfeeding
Cervical Cap
Condom
Diaphragm
Morning After Pill
Female Condom
Fertility Awareness Method (also known as natural family planning)
IUD
Outercourse
Spermicide
Sterilization for women
Vasectomy
Withdrawal
0 likes [|reply]
14 Sep 2009, 11:49
KerriBlue
I hate the thought that the morning after pill could be considered birth control. I mean, I'm not going to comment on the rest of this debate. But giving teenage girls the impression that, regardless of what happens, there's always the MAP.

Okay, granted, if used responsibly and under proper circumstances, then yes, I guess it is BC...but, it shouldn't be promoted as a choice for EVERY situation.

I think the debate came up where, they were going to make MAP available over the counter here in Australia..maybe it is..but the debate was that basically that girls would get the idea they can pop those pills like they are sugar cubes. I'm a little bit worried that by saying its a BC method..it's sort of sending the same message.

IDK...I don't mind if people disagree with me, thats just what went through my mind when I saw this list.

(lol at the word outercourse..sorry, just sounds funny. "Honey, do you mind if we have outercourse, I'm not on the pill")
0 likes [|reply]
15 Sep 2009, 15:02
Endless Love
How about the fact that if your over a certain age, you can buy MAP without a prescription...
0 likes [|reply]
16 Sep 2009, 06:33
~RedFraggle~
It's available to buy over the counter in the UK (I think to over-16s). Personally it's something I'm torn on. I don't really feel it should be so readily available, and I think that these girls should really be seeing their doctor for it. But on the other hand, I think if having it more easily accessible reduces abortion rates, then that's a good thing. I don't know the figures to know if that has happened here or not (I suspect it hasn't).
0 likes [|reply]
22 Sep 2009, 23:33
Acid Fairy
I don't know anyone who has gone to their own GP for the MAP. I went to an NHS drop in centre and was seen by a nurse (there was a special form for you to fill out for the MAP which amused me because obviously a lot of girls go there for it!), and my cousin went to the chemist (and this was quite a few years back when she was 17). But the nurse was so very unfriendly that it's put me off ever going there again if I *heaven forbid* get into such a stupid situation again!
My GP has known me for too long and she knows all my family; it'd be weird!
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends