Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1  2 
Texting Wihile Driving. Quite graphic
0 likes [|reply]
6 Sep 2009, 04:16
BloodSplatteredAngel
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/25/eveningnews/main5265303.shtml this is where the main story is located
0 likes [|reply]
6 Sep 2009, 04:25
BloodSplatteredAngel
THIS IS NOT A REAL CRASH, IT IS FROM A SHORT 30 MINUTE FILM FROM THE UK CALLED COW - THE FLIM THAT WILL STOP YOU TXTING AND DRIVING.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Sep 2009, 10:02
Moonlight Shadows
i honestly doubt this will do anything, sadly.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Sep 2009, 23:08
BloodSplatteredAngel
you're likely right but it got through to my brother so it at least saved one life
0 likes [|reply]
6 Sep 2009, 11:24
~*Pagan*~
there was a nasty fatal here a few weeks ago..young woman went under the rear of a stationary truck...she was texting at the time.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Sep 2009, 11:33
~*Pagan*~
I just watched it, the child screaming for her mummy and daddy to wake up was awful.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Sep 2009, 23:11
BloodSplatteredAngel
that's the part that killed me "why won't Mommy and daddy wake up" I believe the baby was also killed the way the pupils contracted makes me think that.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Sep 2009, 11:08
Jessica [Private]
That's what got me. I was perfectly fine until I saw that baby.

Anything with babies, and I'm instantly freaking out.
Like when I got in my accident (no phones involved ;)) where the lady made a left turn in front of me, and wasn't supposed to, so I hit her.
The first thing I thought of was 'oh my God please tell me there isn't a baby in that car.'
Thank God there wasn't. I don't know what I would've done :(
0 likes [|reply]
8 Sep 2009, 01:16
BloodSplatteredAngel
I understand completely. stff like this happens FAR to often.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Sep 2009, 11:02
Lunar Sea
I tend to approve of hard hitting footage like this. When you make the decision to drive dangerously, you ought to know what you could be causing.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Sep 2009, 20:16
Let It Be
I saw this a couple days ago, it definitely adds an element of reality to how fatal and devastating a crash can be because of something that seems so minor. The only thing that I don't like is that an accident like that could have happened from any distraction, looking for a CD or a cigarette or anything. Obviously everyone does some amount of multitasking while they drive, but people just need to learn how to put driving as the priority over their other distractions. If I'm going to answer or look at my phone while I'm driving, I always keep my eyes on the road and pay attention to what is around me.

My state passed a law that will fine people for getting distracted by anything, from a dog in their lap (good god I hate that 8-|) to food to cell phones, which I think is smarter than just bagging on every single person who may touch their phone while behind the wheel. This is the article about what they're doing in Maine, I thought it made a lot of sense. http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/story.php?id=281592&ac=PHnws
0 likes [|reply]
8 Sep 2009, 01:18
BloodSplatteredAngel
I agree . It shows just how easy it is to be distracted and the repercussions. Wow I like that idea there is actually a law on the books here to make it Illegal to talk or text while driving
0 likes [|reply]
8 Sep 2009, 02:55
Lunar Sea
I'm a terrible person. While I absolutely approve of this advert and all ones like it, and can't stand people who drive irresponsibly, this made me laugh:

Don't text and drive whilst listening to Queen
0 likes [|reply]
8 Sep 2009, 03:01
BloodSplatteredAngel
Ouch. I kinda wanna smack the person who made that video-smacks them for the hell of it-
0 likes [|reply]
8 Sep 2009, 08:11
& skull.
unfortunately, ads like this don't work. sure, they work for some people, but a lot just think: "that won't happen to me". it only works on the people that probably wouldn't do it in the first place.
0 likes [|reply]
8 Sep 2009, 15:53
BloodSplatteredAngel
Yeah I know unfortunately . i hate people who think that they're above this because they are " so much better at texting and driving than anyone else"
0 likes [|reply]
9 Sep 2009, 06:18
& skull.
it's sad that it doesn't work. we have similar ads here by the TAC. but graphic stuff just doesn't work well on everyone. i mean one guy down here was caught speeding and doing donuts in his car with a mate, after having lost an arm in a car accident he got into earlier by speeding. even personal experience doesn't get to some people!
0 likes [|reply]
10 Sep 2009, 02:15
BloodSplatteredAngel
unfortunately some people just lack braincells and common sense
0 likes [|reply]
8 Sep 2009, 17:05
..toxique..
i watched the video three times, am i too freaking blind? i dont see the baby at all.
0 likes [|reply]
8 Sep 2009, 18:06
BloodSplatteredAngel
Right after the kid asks why won;t mommy and daddy wake up it shows a shot of the baby briefly with extremely contracted puils
0 likes [|reply]
8 Sep 2009, 18:10
BloodSplatteredAngel
At 2:05 - 2:10 they show the baby . Sorry it was RIGHT before the little kid asks why won't Mommy and daddy wake up
0 likes [|reply]
10 Sep 2009, 06:10
..toxique..
i watched one of the clip videos not the full thing on youtube, thats why i didnt see the baby! Thats so sad the poor baby. :(
0 likes [|reply]
10 Sep 2009, 06:54
BloodSplatteredAngel
it really was, that made me cry
0 likes [|reply]
12 Sep 2009, 14:31
Acid Fairy
Why WOULD someone text and drive? Driving zaps all of my concentration, I physically wouldn't be able to do it!
0 likes [|reply]
12 Sep 2009, 18:00
BloodSplatteredAngel
because people are stupid. I can't text and drive so i'm safe but i've seen alot of people texting and driving
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends