Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Bloop Drama
Your husband and me
0 likes [|reply]
29 Aug 2009, 00:02
Estella
WELL, 'ME AT THE LAKE' IS NOT A SENTENCE, YO. IT IS A FRAGMENT. YOU COULD SAY 'ME AT THE LAKE', BECAUSE PEOPLE SAY THAT, BUT IT DOESN'T MEAN THAT IT'S GRAMMATICALLY COHERENT. THERE IS NO VERB, AND THE USAGE OF 'ME' OR 'I' TOTALLY DEPENDS ON A VERB.
0 likes [|reply]
29 Aug 2009, 04:34
valerieeeee
it would be "this is me at the lake". wouldn't it?
0 likes [|reply]
29 Aug 2009, 07:51
Estella
WELL, THAT IS WHAT IS MOST COMMONLY SAID, YO. LIKE IT IS COMMON USAGE AND HAS THUS BECOME ACCEPTED. BUT STRICTLY SPEAKING, THE CORRECT GRAMMATICAL TERMS IS 'THIS IS I AT THE LAKE'. BUT BECAUSE NO ONE USES IT, IT SOUNDS FUNNY! BUT, YOU SEE, THE VERB 'TO BE' IS DIFFERENT FROM OTHER VERBS. GOSH, I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT YOU CALL IT. LET ME CHECK, YO.... AH YES. IT IS A COPULAR VERB. SAME WITH 'TO BECOME'. SO IT TAKES A COMPLEMENT RATHER THAN AN OBJECT.

SEE, WHEN YOU SAY 'I KISSED MY BOIF', YOUR BOIF IS THE OBJECT, BECAUSE IT IS SOMETHING YOU ARE DOING TO YOUR BOIF - SO THAT WOULD BE SHORTENED TO 'I KISSED HIM' RATHER THAN 'I KISSED HE'. BUT WITH 'THIS IS I', IT IS DIFFERENT. 'THIS' AND 'I' ARE THE SAME THING. THE THIS IS NOT DOING SOMETHING TO THE I. SAME WITH 'SHE IS A DOCTOR', 'HE IS HAPPY' - IN THESE SENTENCES, 'A DOCTOR' AND 'HAPPY' ARE NOT THE OBJECT, BUT COMPLEMENTS. SO THEY WOULD BE GRAMMATICALLY ANALYSED DIFFERENTLY FROM, SAY, 'HE KICKED THE BALL'. AND WHEN CHILDREN LEARN LANGUAGE, COPULAR VERBS TEND TO BE MASTERED LATER IN THEIR LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENT THAN VERBS LIKE 'KISS' AND 'KICK'.

DOES THAT MAKE SENSE, YO? LIKE, 'THIS IS ME' IS TOTALLY GENERALLY ACCEPTED BECAUSE IT IS MOST COMMONLY USED, AT LEAST IN INFORMAL USAGE. JUST LIKE IT'S GENERALLY ACCEPTED THAT YOU CAN SAY 'WHO' FOR BOTH 'WHO' AND 'WHOM' - LIKE, 'WHOM' IS NO LONGER NECESSARY EXCEPT IN FORMAL USAGE. IT'S ONE OF THOSE TRADITIONALLY CORRECT THINGS THAT NO ONE BOTHERS ABOUT, AND WHICH THEREFORE SOUND STUFFY AND PEDANTIC.

GOSH, WIKIPEDIA HAS AN ARTICLE ON IT, YO. WITH THIS DELIGHTFUL QUOTE FROM 'THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE: "'Come out, Mrs. Beaver. Come out, Sons and Daughters of Adam. It's all right! It isn't Her!' This was bad grammar of course, but that is how beavers talk when they are excited." HAHA - I DO LOVE C. S. LEWIS, YO!
0 likes [|reply]
1 Sep 2009, 16:19
♥agirl
I didnt know this site was for grammar....
0 likes [|reply]
1 Sep 2009, 16:47
Chris
WELL NOW YOU KNOW.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Sep 2009, 19:20
panda bear.
LOLOLOL :)
0 likes [|reply]
1 Sep 2009, 22:13
♥agirl
No, actually this is not a site for grammar. So if you dont like someones grammar then shut up and get over it. (:
0 likes [|reply]
2 Sep 2009, 01:19
Chris
Looks like someone else needs "getting over" IFYOUKNOWWHATIMSAYIN'.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Sep 2009, 03:11
♥agirl
Ha just making a point.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Sep 2009, 01:23
Chris
By the way, want some fries with that RAGE? (:
0 likes [|reply]
2 Sep 2009, 09:36
& skull.
;D
0 likes [|reply]
2 Sep 2009, 14:13
Mary Magdelene
You clearly haven't been at Bloop very long. The best thing for you to do is to shut up and pay attention.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Sep 2009, 19:08
♥agirl
Shut up and pay attention to what? people looking for help and our being attacked by their god damn grammar? Clearly they are looking for advice. Not grammar lessons.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Sep 2009, 00:28
Mary Magdelene
CLEARLY they were looking for drama, not advice.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Sep 2009, 00:48
♥agirl
Ummmm letting something out is not drama. The person wants obviously cant tell anyone else and has to let it out.
Not get fucking grammar lessons.

0 likes [|reply]
3 Sep 2009, 01:14
Mary Magdelene
Yeah, you've definitely not been around this place long enough.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Sep 2009, 01:15
♥agirl
Yeah actually I have, I had a diary from the age of 12 to 14. And then bloop crash happened and i stayed off for a while. So I must say, I have been around here long enough. (:
0 likes [|reply]
3 Sep 2009, 01:20
Mary Magdelene
Then you should know how to tell if someone is being serious and looking for drama. Which you obviously don't.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Sep 2009, 01:24
♥agirl
Who are you to know what this person is doing?
You can not read someones mind.

0 likes [|reply]
3 Sep 2009, 01:26
Mary Magdelene
*shakes head*

It's obvious to the majority of the people reading this thread. Just not you.

Goodnight.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Sep 2009, 02:08
Chris
Your first sentence is a run-on. Put a comma after the word "yeah" and a period after the word "have." "Bloop" is a proper noun, and the B should be capitalized. "I" is also a proper noun.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Sep 2009, 02:06
Chris
There should be a comma after your "Ummmm" but that can be debated. You forgot your apostrophe in the word "can't."
0 likes [|reply]
3 Sep 2009, 02:05
Chris
You didn't capitalize "people" in the start of your second sentence. Your second and fourth sentences are fragments that you should consider revising.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Sep 2009, 02:32
♥agirl
WEllllllllllllllllllllllllll I hav aDviCe 4 u.. but NoT gRammAr,
FUCK OFF.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Sep 2009, 02:55
Chris
u mad bro?
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends