1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
150g risotto rice
75ml white wine
750ml warm light vegetable stock
A bunch of spring onions, thinly sliced
150g cooked peeled prawns
3 tablespoons low-fat crème fraîche
A squeeze of lemon
1/2 bunch of basil, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Per serving: 471 calories
Method: How to cook risotto with prawn, lemon, spring onion and basil
1. Heat up a splash of oil and gently fry the onion and garlic until translucent. Add the rice and continue frying for two minutes. Add the wine and continue stirring until the wine is absorbed.
2. Now start to add the stock, ladle by ladle, stirring until the stock is absorbed between each spoonful.
3. Give the risotto lots of tender loving care, by stirring regularly, and the creamy starch will come out of each grain. Continue like this for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Add the spring onion to the risotto, continue cooking for five minutes and then add the prawns and crème fraîche.
5. Now this is the important point. You need the rice to be al dente, which means firm-to-bite (not soft and overcooked), so keep tasting it until it is time to take it off the heat (it will probably need another five minutes).
6. Add a squeeze of lemon and stir through the basil. Check the seasoning and then, for the final touch, grate some lemon zest over the top.