Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Page:  1  2 
Okay Bloopers, I need /You/
0 likes [|reply]
27 Aug 2009, 00:31
Mami 2 ♥ 1
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/parmesan-crusted-pork-chops-recipe/index.html i have tried this reciepe w/ chicken breast, turkey breast chops, and pork chops. its so yummy !!!
0 likes [|reply]
27 Aug 2009, 00:34
Krisstahღ
Mmmmm it does look really good =)
He loves porkchops too.. but i wouldn't know what to make with it.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Aug 2009, 00:38
Mami 2 ♥ 1
ive done it with mashed patatos and corn, baked patato's, and salad
0 likes [|reply]
27 Aug 2009, 00:41
Krisstahღ
Maybe i will do that for my next time.. i want to have him go "wow" like i did that he went all out to make sushi, he makes mashed potatos already :)
But i am def going to make that myself, cause i normally just shake and bake my porkchops.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Aug 2009, 00:55
Mami 2 ♥ 1
maybe u can make an awesome desert. chocolate covered strawberries are on top of a home made cake. mmmm.....maybe you can do some sort of appetizer too.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Beer-Cheese-Pretzel-and-Dip/Detail.aspx

it could be a simple meal with A LOT of thought. You could make it like 4-5 courses. start with an appetizer, soup/salad, dinner, desert.

just an idea.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Aug 2009, 01:12
Krisstahღ
beer pretzels is actually a very cool idea =)
I think i will make that for sure if i can.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Aug 2009, 01:41
Hidden Depths
so.. the first things I made for my boyfriend were (in order of appearance) Chocolates, Chocolate covered cashews, porcupine meatballs (its the style, not the animal), french toast etc.

I don't have the recipe for the meatballs with me, but for the chocolates (both of them) what you do is you melt chocolate carefully in a double boiler (if you don't have a double boiler, fill a pot about 1/2 to 3/4 full of water and bring to a boil.. using a smaller pan, heat the chocolate over the boiling water--not over direct flame)... Add 1/2 bag of baker's butterscotch, and mix thoroughly. Once you have the sweets mixed together, you can either form them into molds (I used a silicone ice cube tray in the shape of hearts) or you can spoon the mixture over nuts of your choice-- I prefer cashews, almonds or peanuts--to make clusters.

The way I made french toast special was to add about a 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract and about 1 teaspoon vanilla to the egg/milk mixture... Then I served it with Vanilla Bean ice cream and strawberries. Yum yum :D
0 likes [|reply]
27 Aug 2009, 01:44
Krisstahღ
he loves fruit.. it sounds something like Belgian waffles only with french toast.
now i will have to decide on that or smores cake.. LOL.. cause he likes both haha.. omg
0 likes [|reply]
27 Aug 2009, 04:12
RealLifeComics
I have....

I really cant be bothered actually. I shouldnt of even written anything, now its too late.
Good luck though. Men will eat anything anyways.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Aug 2009, 16:45
Estella
I DUNNO - YOU CAN STILL TOSS TOGETHER MEAT AND VEGGIES AND MAKE IT YUMMY, YO. ROAST DUCK LEGS - JUST BUNG 'EM IN THE OVEN FOR 40 MINS AND THEY'LL BE NICE AND CRISPY. BOIL RICE AND CARROTS AND THEN PUT THEM IN THE OVEN FOR THE LAST TEN MINUTES OF COOKING YOUR DUCK LEGS - LIKE PUT THE RICE AND CARROTS IN THE SAME ROASTING PAN, SO THAT THE DUCK FAT DRIZZLES ALL OVER THEM AND THEY BECOME NICE AND CRISPY. THIS IS A DELICIOUS MEAL, YO, AND INCREDIBLY EASY TO MAKE. THEN GRIND PEPPER ON IT.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Aug 2009, 20:44
Opie's Old Lady
You could do pasta & veggies. It's simple but very very yummy.

You cook any kind of pasta you like & then after you drain the water from the pasta toss it back in the pot & then drizzle some olive oil over it & mix it so all the noodles get covered in it. Then shake some parmesan cheese (about 2-4 good shakes) mix that all up & then you can either use chopped garlic but we usually use garlic powder (2 good shakes no more or it over powers everything). Then we saute some zucchini, mushrooms, & shrimp in olive oil & diced garlic. With a green salad & some bread & butter. Simple but very very tasty
0 likes [|reply]
28 Aug 2009, 04:13
~*Pagan*~
Cooking a good steak is easy, but make sure to buy very good steak. Garlic bread, a homemade ceasar salad with real bacon and shaved parmesan....then something naughty for desert!!
0 likes [|reply]
28 Aug 2009, 12:48
.Blue Bella.
Pasta dishes are always good... carbonara from scratch or lasagne, always a hit with my boy.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Aug 2009, 22:28
Let It Be
I loooove this meatloaf recipe, I always get praised when I cook it. http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes.aspx/30-minute-mini-meat-loaves

I don't use any pork, though. And I use green peppers in addition to the onions and garlic. The brown sugar/ketchup mixture on top is what makes it so yummy. You don't have to make them into mini meatloaves either, you can just do it as one big regular one...you just have to cook it longer, obviously. Your guy is never going to want to leave you after you start cooking him all these tasty dishes ;D.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Aug 2009, 23:10
Krisstahღ
=) I will check out the meatloaf. I love that too.
Thanks
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends