Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Books
Twilight, Yes Or No?
0 likes [|reply]
20 Aug 2009, 03:34
♥agirl
I seen a lot of talk about Twilight, but whats your opinion?
For me, YES. I am completely in love with that series of book. Read Twilight 3 times, And the rest twice.
I love Edward Cullen.
:)

What about the rest of you?
0 likes [|reply]
20 Aug 2009, 03:54
Chris
No. The story is written like a *particularly* bad fan fiction. The main character is written as a weak woman who can't seem to think for herself and to completely give her entire life to some dude who she met hours before. The same thing happens when a new guy comes and sweeps her off her feet. She falls hopelessly in love and can't make any of her own decisions. He is an object being fought over by two alpha males who will continue to treat her like an object. Any woman who wants their own "Edward Cullen" I believe also wants to be treated like an object.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Aug 2009, 03:55
Chris
*She, not he.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Aug 2009, 08:24
Acid Fairy
For sheer writing ability... no.

For a good story that absorbs you... yes!!

But at the end of the day, writing skills don't ever come in to the equation. If it's a good story then it doesn't matter how badly it's written; it'll sell.

I mean, look at Shakespeare! ;D
0 likes [|reply]
20 Aug 2009, 21:27
~RedFraggle~
Please do not tell me you're comparing Stephanie Meyer to Shakespeare! :P
0 likes [|reply]
20 Aug 2009, 22:06
Lauren.
Yes! Yes! YES!

(Totally said in that Herbal Essence commercial kind of way ;-D.)
0 likes [|reply]
21 Aug 2009, 00:04
serendipity.
Oh, Lauren. :(
xD
0 likes [|reply]
20 Aug 2009, 23:49
Endless Love
I have read each book once.. I saw twilight and plan on seeing the other movies as they come out as well.. Obsessed though? no.. There's more to life than being obsessed with books and their characters.
0 likes [|reply]
21 Aug 2009, 00:13
serendipity.
It's:
I have seen a lot of talk about Twilight, but what's your opinion?

It's about as much of a literary genius as you are. =)
0 likes [|reply]
21 Aug 2009, 19:04
canceroustears
Like anyone has perfect grammar and spelling.
I didn't realize that we were here to correct her grammar and spelling.
I thought it was a post about Twilight.
0 likes [|reply]
21 Aug 2009, 15:33
.Amber.
100 times yes.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Aug 2009, 03:38
.like.a.drug.
The story was pretty good, the characters were... meh, and the writing was terrible. But I always come back to the story being good ;-D
0 likes [|reply]
20 Aug 2009, 03:59
Chris
The story was good but the writing was terrible?
0 likes [|reply]
20 Aug 2009, 04:04
.like.a.drug.
Well, I DID have a reply written, but when I hit 'post reply', it deleted it :-P

But yes, I thought the story was interesting, and the books would have been quite good if someone with decent writing abilities had been the author.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Aug 2009, 06:23
& skull.
where were you when there were millions of forum threads on this topic? haven't the opinions here on twilight been beaten like a dead horse?

edward cullen is a twat. how do you fall for a guy who treats you like you're an idiot? not to mention watches you when you sleep for months on end. he's a stalker, an asshole, treats women like objects. bella is a mary sue, and a bad one at that. the writing is awful and it's sending a shitty message to girls that nothing matters in life as long as some dumbass worships the ground you walk on. i honestly do not understand anyone that "loves" edward cullen. he's a shit character in more ways than one.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Aug 2009, 16:06
♥agirl
i am new here?
0 likes [|reply]
20 Aug 2009, 17:36
starsmaycollide
yay Ev!

I totally agree.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Aug 2009, 06:27
~RedFraggle~
No, no, no. They're terribly written, the characters are all pathetic (except for Alice). And the main character is a girl who will give up her entire life (family, friends, the chance of a career) for a BOY. Hardly a good role model for teen girls.
0 likes [|reply]
21 Aug 2009, 19:05
canceroustears
I agree!
I stopped reading the books because of the kind of character Bella is.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Aug 2009, 07:23
Tam I Am
No no no no no no no!!! As someone who worked in a library NO! These books are horribly written. The story line is pathetic, the lack of character development is pathetic, the very idea that this woman wrote these books and made money off of them is pathetic.

Yes fine. She hit her target audience of 12-15 year old girls. Good for her. Don't waste your time or money on the books. Just pirate the movies on the internet and that should suffice enough for you.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Aug 2009, 07:23
Tam I Am
No no no no no no no!!! As someone who worked in a library NO! These books are horribly written. The story line is pathetic, the lack of character development is pathetic, the very idea that this woman wrote these books and made money off of them is pathetic.

Yes fine. She hit her target audience of 12-15 year old girls. Good for her. Don't waste your time or money on the books. Just pirate the movies on the internet and that should suffice enough for you.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Aug 2009, 08:41
Acid Fairy
Why tell others to not read the books? Surely you should let everyone else make their own minds up?
0 likes [|reply]
20 Aug 2009, 17:42
starsmaycollide
lol, I wish someone had told me more about them first, it would have saved me a lot of wasted time . Sure, I formed my opinion fully, but I hated
them.:-P
0 likes [|reply]
20 Aug 2009, 08:14
.Blue Bella.
I have read them. They weren't that well written and they definitely were designed for a young teenager.
I think the obsession is ridiculous. With the books, with the characters.
Why the hell any one would obsess over a guy like Edward... he's controlling, obsessive, jealous, and he allows a GIRL (not a woman) to give up her life for his own selfish reasonings. And Bella, is a fucking idiot.
0 likes [|reply]
20 Aug 2009, 08:16
Estella
YES, IN THAT IT'S HILARIOUS TO MOCK, YO!

NO, AS IN YOU SHOULDN'T TAKE IT SERIOUSLY AS GOOD LITERATURE OR ANYTHING!
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends