Search
Not Logged In
Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1  2 
Wife hires undercover cop to kill her husband!
0 likes [|reply]
16 Aug 2009, 06:02
Makayla
Boynton Beach, Florida (The Weekly Vice) – Dalia Dippolito, a 26-year-old Boynton Beach newlywed was arrested Wednesday after she allegedly conspired to have her new husband murdered. What she didn’t know was that the hit man she allegedly tried to hire was an undercover detective.

According to Boynton Beach Police, Dippolito conspired with what she thought was a hit man who would carry out her murder-for-hire plans.

She reportedly offered an undercover detective $6,000 to murder her husband of six months, 38-year old Michael Dippolito. She allegedly told the would-be hit man "I will be very happy" as she laughed at the prospect of his demise

After Dippolito provided the undercover detective pictures of her husband, keys to her residence and $1,200 in advance to purchase a handgun – a date for the man’s murder was established. The detective even met with Dippolito a second time to make sure she wanted her husband dead.

"I’m not going to change my mind," she reportedly told the detective. " I am 5,000 percent sure I want it done. When I set my mind to something, I get it done."

Authorities then staged a crime scene to make it appear her husband had murdered just as she had planned. The scene was elaborate – complete with crime scene tape and patrol cars blocking off traffic to the couple’s home. Detectives called Dippolito while she was at a gym and somberly informed her she needed to come home for some bad news.

Boynton Beach authorities captured the payoff on video – Dippolito arrived at her home and then appeared distraught as officers informed her of her husband’s death. Meanwhile, Michael Dippolito was safe in protective custody.

In the video, Dalia Dippolito broke down in tears – expressing complete shock at the news of her husbands death. Officers consoled her and asked her to come down to the police station with them to make a statement. What Dippolito didn’t know was that she was headed for jail.

"I’m just disappointed," Michael Dippolito told local reporters. "There’s no reason for it. Just divorce me and take everything."

Mr. Dippolito, who is still partially in disbelief over the reality of his near-death experience, told reporters "It’s like a movie. It’s believable, yet unbelievable."

Dalia Dippolito was booked into the Palm County Jail on charges of premeditated homicide and solicitation to commit murder. She is currently being held without bond.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard that she is actually out on bond now and living with her mother, at least that's what Nancy Grace said tonight. They live about 10 minutes from where I lived in WPB, FL. It's really horrible to think that this couple was only married 6 months before this. Here is a link to watch the video of her reaction to the cops telling her her husband was dead. http://cuetipp.wordpress.com/2009/08/06/woman-tries-to-have-husband-murdered-and-gets-caught/
0 likes [|reply]
16 Aug 2009, 07:07
lithium layouts.
Lucky for husband the 'hitman' was a cop. xD
0 likes [|reply]
17 Aug 2009, 23:41
Moonlight Shadows
what do people think? this is the movies? really how likely is it that you're going to find a hitman?!
0 likes [|reply]
16 Aug 2009, 06:23
Aiure
I'm glad she got caught. I love it when people get busted like that. It's priceless :P
0 likes [|reply]
16 Aug 2009, 06:26
Makayla
I know. I can't imagine how stupid she felt after they walked her into the police station to see her "dead" husband standing there in front of her. I bet she dried up her "tears" right then. Also can you imagine being the husband in this situation, he was woke up that morning after she left for the gym by an officer telling him that his wife had hired him to murder him today while she was gone and gave him their house key? I can't imagine how betrayed he must feel, but it could have been much much worse.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Aug 2009, 06:42
gravity girl
I wish Ashton Kutcher would have come running out and been like, "BITCH YOU JUST GOT PUNKD!" :|
0 likes [|reply]
16 Aug 2009, 07:00
Jessica [Private]
Nononono.

Justin Timberlake DRESSED as Ashton Kutcher. :|
0 likes [|reply]
16 Aug 2009, 07:08
gravity girl
Ehh, it would feel more REAL to me if it were Ashton.

JT would be more distracting than funny, imo.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Aug 2009, 21:19
Jessica [Private]
I think JT is so much funnier than ashton ;D
0 likes [|reply]
16 Aug 2009, 11:41
RealLifeComics
I was totally thinking the same thing.
Actually didnt Shannon Doherthy have a show about this sort of crap?
0 likes [|reply]
16 Aug 2009, 21:52
gravity girl
I think so. I can't really remember.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Aug 2009, 17:48
Tracie
BEST. PUNKD. EVER.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Aug 2009, 21:52
gravity girl
I KNOW RIGHT?!
0 likes [|reply]
16 Aug 2009, 08:45
& skull.
why marry him in the first place? why not just divorce him if she was unhappy? what a fucking idiot.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Aug 2009, 15:57
Mary Magdelene
It depends on why she was unhappy. We don't know the entire situation, only what the husband wants us to know. For all we know, he could be an abuser and threatened her with her life should she try to divorce him and this was the only way she could think of at the time to save her life. We just don't know the story behind the motivation.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Aug 2009, 01:35
Makayla
That MAY be the case, but there were better ways to handle something like that. Women's shelters, abusive hotlines, lawyers, police, bodyguards, the list goes on and on.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Aug 2009, 18:03
Mary Magdelene
Police won't do anything unless there's a documented history of violence. If she has never called the police (which most abused women don't BECAUSE OF the threat to themselves or their children), there won't be a documented history and they'll simply tell her they can't issue a restraining order until he actually does something. By then, it's usually too late because once he's done something, he's probably killed her.

The only thing a lawyer can do is file the legal documents to get the divorce going, which pisses the abusers off, thus causing them to become more violent and more than likely killing the subject of his rage.

Abusive men find the women's shelters and have been known to find the woman there and attack her, killing her right there, along with anyone else there and in his way. Getting into a women's shelter is no guarantee she is going to be safe from the abuser.

Hotlines do nothing except provide a listening ear and access to resources that the husband will probably find out about.

Bodyguards.....right.

I'm not saying that IS the case here, and the fact that she isn't making a statement about it indicates it probably isn't. But it's still a possibility. And as a woman who's been in an abusive marriage, I can totally understand where this kind of idea would occur to her and her think it was the only way to get away from him. You never know what kinds of thoughts you'd entertain when faced with that kind of situation. Which is why I won't call her stupid or pathetic or psycho. If she just chose to kill him because she didn't want to be married anymore, that's different. But we don't know the details.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Aug 2009, 01:36
Makayla
Plus nobody is holding her back from making a statement about it. She just keeps denying the whole thing, even though they have caught her red handed.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Aug 2009, 18:14
Mary Magdelene
One thing I didn't think of about her issuing a statement is this....

Chances are she was issued or got a lawyer right away. That being the case, she was probably advised NOT to issue any sort of public statement, and to save her side of the story for court. Prior to court, the only type of statements we may hear are those from people who knew her, her husband, and knew about their marriage (or THINK they knew about the marriage). It won't be until a court hearing that we will hear HER side of the story, and even then that's only IF she is placed on the stand.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Aug 2009, 06:12
& skull.
as much as abusers are utter bastards, i'd rather not put myself in a position where i'd end up in jail because they were making my life hell. it'd be easier to go to a women's shelter. i still don't think it was a good decision, and i still consider her to be an idiot.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Aug 2009, 17:00
.xoxo
Geez that's crazy! It sounds like a lifetime movie, although in the movie the cop would have fell in love with the wife. ;D I agree with other people, why not just divorce him?
0 likes [|reply]
16 Aug 2009, 17:35
Azkabound
YES!

Actually, I'm thinking that it's more like Lifetime working with the Maury Show. I'm sure there was a questionable baby's daddy in there somewhere.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Aug 2009, 00:03
prettylittlekitty
Very lucky for the man that the hitman was an undercover cop. He's very lucky. I'm glad she got caught. She's psycho.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Aug 2009, 15:56
Mary Magdelene
Maybe he's an abusive asshole who threatened her with death should she try to leave him the legal way.

Which is why I refuse to call her a psycho. You just never know what the motivation was. And while he is sitting there acting all innocent and "can't believe she would do something like this because we were just so happy", you never know what the REAL truth was.

But it really wouldn't surprise me one bit if it turns out he's an abuser and threatened her life when she did try to divorce.

Not saying that's how it IS, just saying it wouldn't surprise me.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Aug 2009, 16:40
-kay
How very "The Whole Nine Yards" of her...
>.>
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends