Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Miley Cyrus Pole Dancing
0 likes [|reply]
13 Aug 2009, 09:19
.Blue Bella.
Yes, coz practically covered up is a tied up school blouse with boobs half out and a short skirt?! I actually agree with SS, and was thinking the same thing (comparison between the two).
0 likes [|reply]
14 Aug 2009, 01:43
Sunlight Silence
I don't think it's off base at all. Britney's video and entire song was DRIPPING with sex. The fantasy of school-girls, etc etc. As everyone else said, her boobs were popping out, her stomach showing. Britney MEANT for it to have sex appeal and to be risque. Miley on the other hand wasn't on stage stripping. She was dancing and a pole happened to be there. She wasn't humping the pole or gyrating on it like a crazed horny puppy. Miley's performance was simply a statement about being a teenager and more grown up than the pre-teen everyone sees her as being still.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Aug 2009, 03:01
she wasn't really pole dancing she was holding onto it more than anything and just standing there. I think she could have had shorts on there were a tad longer. but other than that nothing there to bitch about
0 likes [|reply]
13 Aug 2009, 07:58
saminal
I think the whole thing did exactly what it was meant to do, because you're all talking about it. Even I am, and that's saying something.

Though I've stopped talking about it.. now.
0 likes [|reply]
14 Aug 2009, 05:22
Lovin'MyLittles
The song sucks, sorry. Hannah Montana music sounds better than whatever the heck that was that she was whining on and on and on about. Geez. I usually listen to her music, too.
I wouldn't let my 16 year old wear an outfit that outrageous - she could've dressed a bit nicer.
As far as the pole dancing... I don't agree that she was pole dancing. It was on an ICE CREAM STAND -- they were wheeling her around, and it wasn't like she was dancing around it, she just danced on the ice cream cart and held onto a pole. No biggie.

Vanessa looks really pissed off after he makes that comment. Hell, it's what everyone else is thinking.. so...
0 likes [|reply]
14 Aug 2009, 12:32
sincerely me♥
She STOOD next to the pole and didnt even grind n it or anything. I wouldnt say thats pole dancing ;)
0 likes [|reply]
16 Aug 2009, 17:57
Poetic Justice
Miley's performance wasn't that bad. She stood next to a pole for a few seconds... But that's it. She wasn't grinding on it or taking her clothes off. She didnt do anything sexual with anyone else. It seemed very 'of age' to me...?
0 likes [|reply]
18 Aug 2009, 00:07
i blame mac
I don't think she was bumping and grinding agains the pole. She was just there....*shrugs* I've seen real bumping and grinding against poles, and that was not it. also...why the hell did she have a guitar slide on her finger? She wasn't playing guitar. lol
0 likes [|reply]
13 Aug 2009, 00:20
.Blue Bella.
Was that it.

Wow.

People, calm down. The stigma behind pole dancing has changed a lot. People do it for exercise for gods sake. And she hardly even touched the thing! She was holding on to it for support more than she was dancing 'on' it. Here I am thinking from the reaction that she was climbing all over it.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Aug 2009, 00:25
avoir la foi
Well, only one person said anything negative, but that's beside the point.
You're right. The stigma HAS changed. I think the reason people are upset about it (it's gotten some negative media coverage) is because she's 16 and her fan base is younger. If she was 21 I'm sure most people wouldn't even care.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Aug 2009, 00:26
Minda Hey Hey™
Yeah, I didn't get what the big deal was!

0 likes [|reply]
13 Aug 2009, 00:40
xoxo♥
yes exactly they do!!! And i heard it's really really good excercise. Kinda like aerobics and such! People are so silly to assume that it's going to make her a bad girl. She isn't a bad girl. She's 16 yrs old and just trying to live life and enjoy it. She's having a blast and that's ok! But anyways I agree with your comments. That was my point of this comment lol
0 likes [|reply]
13 Aug 2009, 01:13
Gem♥
ok on the subject of her shorts.. they arent even that short... Her backup dancer's orange shorts are way shorter.

And the pole dancing, Ok, so the fact they specifically wheeled out the pole, is a bit silly, it would be better if the pole was already there, because she didnt even really dance on it, she just used it for support, which made her look a little dumb!! At least if she did some moves, it would create a bit more controversy!
0 likes [|reply]
13 Aug 2009, 09:20
.Blue Bella.
They certainly don't look short to us, as Aussies... anyone with the legs to pull em off wears short shorts here... no matter the age... because of the weather! (And sadly many others who don't have the legs for em!!!!)
0 likes [|reply]
13 Aug 2009, 01:19
gravity girl
I like Miley Cyrus. Well, not like but I don't really have any issues with her. Her voice sounded funny in the very beginning of the song, but the rest sounded like her normal voice. She didn't "pole dance" she was holding onto a pole while being pushed around on a cart onstage? There isn't anything wrong with that. Her shorts ARE short, but look at the shorts in any normal junior department in a store. You have short, above the knee bermuda things, or capris. Shorts for teen girls have been like that since I was 10 or 11. The ONLY thing that I think is a little too much is her shirt. There was barely a back/side to it and you could see her bra a lot. She should have had a small tank on underneath the shirt. But that's it.

The Dane Cook thing was way inappropriate. If it were at like, the VMA's or something it might be less inappropriate because the general audience isn't very young like the TCA's. I kind of don't understand why he was even there, his movies/stand up aren't for young kids. If he would have walked up to her and said something, whatever. I'm sure that's not the worst that someone has said to her. He just did it for the publicity. We're all feeding into it, which is just exactly what he wanted.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Aug 2009, 04:37
grandlinegirl
I agree with you about Dane Cook. I don't get why he was there. Also, True Blood was nominated for some category (I forget which) and that is DEFINITELY not a teen show.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Aug 2009, 04:58
gravity girl
I don't watch True Blood, but my sister does so she tells me all about it. And, from what she just told me recently happened, yeah it DEFINITELY is not a show for young teens.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Aug 2009, 03:21
Chris
Teens talk about worse stuff than adults do. When you think about it like I do, his comments were more appropriate at the TCAs than they would be at the VMAs.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Aug 2009, 02:14
RealLifeComics
Watched the pole bit... I didn't see any pole dancing. I'm not sure what the big deal is. I thought she was like a little rock chick. This song sounded a lot more... I dunno kinda hip hop.
Anyways, 16 years olds do a lot worse these days.

I'm going to see NO-FX in september, I hope Fat Mike pole dances....
0 likes [|reply]
13 Aug 2009, 03:01
avoir la foi
Putting "pole dancing" in the title was basically my desperate attempt to get people talking about it. haha I really want a lot of different opinions and points of view so I can have a well rounded article.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Aug 2009, 02:33
.love.struck.
That wasn't sexual in any way. She was standing next to a pole. I swung on poles in elementary school as innocent fun. It was never sexual or stripper moves.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Aug 2009, 04:48
Mami 2 ♥ 1
i saw the preformance and i dont think it was really pole dancing. just there for support.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Aug 2009, 06:08
mommyto4bratz
I dont' think her dancing with that pole really was that big of a deal. Its not like she was rubbing her crotch right on it or anything. It was mainly just there for her to hold on to while she was dancing on the ice cream stand.
0 likes [|reply]
13 Aug 2009, 06:28
once.upon.a.time.
Heh. Girls younger than her shorter shorts & worse outfits than that.
I didn't think the pole thing was a big deal. She wasn't really using it to dance with anyway.
=/
0 likes [|reply]
13 Aug 2009, 06:28
once.upon.a.time.
I meant "Girls younger than her WEAR shorter shorts"
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends