Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Does e-Harmony really work?
0 likes [|reply]
6 Aug 2009, 00:12
Estella
YES, YO - I DECIDED TO DO IT FOR MYSELF. HOWEVER, I HAVE RECEIVED AN EMAIL TELLING ME THAT I AM MATCHED WITH KOFI! CLEARLY THE PUCK IS GREATLY DESIRABLE DESPITE HER ASEXUAL TENDENCIES! ;D
0 likes [|reply]
6 Aug 2009, 01:15
Hope Rising
No, they sent me an email telling me that I had no matches shortly after I filled out their long questionnaire.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Aug 2009, 02:42
Estella
GOSH, YO - THE SEXY PUCK IS CLEARLY MORE DESIRABLE THAN ALL YOU YOUNG'UNS, YO! I AM GETTING INUNDATED WITH EMAILS ABOUT MY MATCHES. FIRST IT WAS KOFI, NOW RICHARD, MARK, NEWCOMB, CLAUDIO, ERIK AND RANDY! GOSH, YO! THE MEN ARE LINING UP FOR ME!
0 likes [|reply]
6 Aug 2009, 02:55
Mary Magdelene
Hmmm.....I must have clicked on the wrong reply button. It was supposed to go here. lol

Young'uns? lol How old are you, Puck?
0 likes [|reply]
5 Aug 2009, 21:28
~RedFraggle~
It's not a Christian dating site.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Aug 2009, 22:04
Hope Rising
Yea I didn't think so.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Aug 2009, 22:46
Estella
THERE ARE A LOT OF QUESTIONS ABOUT FAITH AND CHURCH INVOLVEMENT, YO! MAYBE THE INITIAL AMERICAN SITE WAS MORE CHRISTIAN ORIENTED.

(I TOTALLY JUST FILLED IT IN FOR FUN, YO! IT TELLS ME THAT IF I PAY TO JOIN THEY WILL HAVE LOTS OF HIGHLY COMPATIBLE MATCHES FOR ME! HOW JOLLY EXCITING!)
0 likes [|reply]
5 Aug 2009, 22:55
~RedFraggle~
Haha. I just did the same thing. No matches either.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Aug 2009, 23:14
Estella
GOSH, YO - AND I WAS SO ACCOMMODATING FOR MY FUTURE MATCH! I LISTED ALL KINDS OF COUNTRIES WHERE HE COULD COME FROM! ;D
0 likes [|reply]
6 Aug 2009, 02:53
Mary Magdelene
Young'uns? lol How old are you, Puck?
0 likes [|reply]
6 Aug 2009, 11:15
Estella
OH - YOU DON'T COUNT AS A YOUNG'UN. YOU'RE OLD LIKE ME, YO! ;D ALTHOUGH I CAN'T CLICK ON YOUR DIARY SO I DON'T ACTUALLY KNOW HOW OLD YOU ARE. YOU HANG OUT WITH THE OLD CROWD THOUGH, SO I ASSUME YOU'RE OLD! ;D

NATURALLY THE PUCK'S AGE REMAINS TOP SECRET! ;D I DO LOVE BEING A MYSTERY!
0 likes [|reply]
6 Aug 2009, 02:17
Mary Magdelene
Not by specified definition, no, but technically it is. Founded by an Evangelical Christian and catering to mostly Christians would qualify it as a Christian dating site. Even when you Google it, it shows up as "Online Dating Personals Service for Christians", and the founder has said it is based on the principles of Focus on the Family.

If that's not a Christian site, I don't know what is.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Aug 2009, 09:08
~RedFraggle~
Surely a 'Christian Dating Site' means aimed at Christians? But there's nothing whatsoever about it being aimed at Christians (or it being created by Christians) on the front page, or in the 'About Us' or 'Why e-harmony' sections. All it talks about is their 'scientific' method of matching.

And when you sign up there is a list to choose your religion from. There's nothing to suggest on the site itself that it's aimed at Christians.

There is however a subsection called 'Christian dating'. But there's also subsections on Black Dating, Hispanic Dating, Senior dating and Jewish dating!

And when I google it I get "eHarmony #1 Trusted Online Dating Site for Singles – More than Personals
Compatibility and dating service focused on creating lasting relationships." Nothing about it being for Christians.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Aug 2009, 22:54
Estella
I AM A CHRISTIAN TOO, YO, BUT NO MATCHES FOR POOR PUCK! I TOTALLY TRIED IT!
0 likes [|reply]
5 Aug 2009, 23:33
~RedFraggle~
They've just sent me an e-mail introducing me to 'Andy'. If I subscribe of course!
0 likes [|reply]
5 Aug 2009, 23:39
Estella
OOOH - HOW EXCITING! I MUST CHECK MY EMAILS TOO! OOOH - THEY WANT TO INTRODUCE ME TO KOFI! GOSH, I WONDER IF THAT RHYMES WITH COFFEE! I WOULD LOVE TO BE MARRIED TO SOMEONE CALLED COFFEE! ;D
0 likes [|reply]
6 Aug 2009, 09:09
~RedFraggle~
I've now had 8 e-mails introducing me to different men!
0 likes [|reply]
6 Aug 2009, 09:18
~RedFraggle~
Did you see the price of subscribing? £30 for a month, £90 for 6 months or £120 for a year! How ridiculously expensive!
0 likes [|reply]
5 Aug 2009, 19:34
Azkabound
I wonder if 'see your matches for free' is the same as match.com/chemistry.com's 'look at possible matches WE select off of your personality test and nothing else unless you PAY' mentality. I'm pretty curious and boredom is a motivator... maybe I should sign up and see! ;D

As for systems they have a pretty extensive personality test. It's all about how honest you are while doing the test that'll lead to possible matches.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Aug 2009, 21:13
Estella
I'M SURE IT CAN WORK, BUT OBVIOUSLY WON'T WORK FOR EVERYONE. IT CAN ONLY MEASURE TANGIBLE THINGS - NOT STUFF LIKE CHEMISTRY. AND IT CAN ONLY WORK WITH WHAT YOU TELL THEM - THERE WILL UNDOUBTEDLY BE ALL KINDS OF OTHER THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF THAT YOU DON'T THINK TO TELL THEM (INCLUDING THE THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF THAT YOU DON'T SEE BUT OTHERS DO) SO THEY ARE ONLY WORKING WITH PARTIAL KNOWLEDGE. AND OF COURSE SOME PEOPLE HAVE FAR GREATER SELF KNOWLEDGE AND SELF-UNDERSTANDING THAN OTHERS, SO THEY HAVE MORE OF A CHANCE OF BEING FIXED UP WITH SOMEONE - PROVIDED THEIR 'PERFECT MATCH' ALSO HAS A GREAT DEAL OF SELF-KNOWLEDGE! THE TROUBLE WITH WORKING WITH PEOPLE IS THAT IT CAN'T BE FULLY SCIENTIFIC - IT'S SO VARIABLE AND SUBJECTIVE, BECAUSE PEOPLE CAN'T BE QUANTIFIED.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Aug 2009, 21:56
Kate.Monster
That's why there is Jdate, a jewish dating site! I have a TON of friends who are matched on there! ;-D
0 likes [|reply]
5 Aug 2009, 22:01
Minda Hey Hey™
http://www.christianmingle.com/

don't know if you tried that, but there ya go :)
0 likes [|reply]
5 Aug 2009, 22:49
Estella
GOSH, MY NAUGHTY SISTER ENTERED ME IN THAT ONE, YO, TO FIND ME A MAN! SHE CALLED ME 'SEXY BUTTON'! ;D LOTS OF MEN WERE INTERESTED, BUT I IGNORED THEM ALL!

I ACTUALLY TOTALLY JOINED A DIFFERENT CHRISTIAN DATING SITE BACK IN THE DAY, BUT ALAS GOT KICKED OFF FOR BAD BEHAVIOUR! ;D I PLAYED A NAUGHTY PRANK AND THEY DIDN'T APPROVE! IT WAS JOLLY FUNNY THOUGH!
0 likes [|reply]
7 Aug 2009, 10:36
Jessica [Private]
oouh, do tell!
0 likes [|reply]
5 Aug 2009, 23:59
Simply Mom
I had gone on there and i had like 8 matches i could look at but couldn't contact. i tried yahoo personals and got to talk to on their free weekend to try it. Its how i met my now husband. A girl who is also on this site that i don't talk to anymore met her now husband. She met him on match.com. Im not sure if she paid or not but i just know thats where they met. Kinda the reason why i tried it and other sites to meet people.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends