Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Baby girl with two heads born in Philippines
0 likes [|reply]
3 Aug 2009, 06:25
~RedFraggle~
So under your made up definition, if these girls each had their own liver, but shared lungs, heart, kidney etc they would still be two babies, not one?

You know I'm right.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. No. Of course you can call something whatever you like. It doesn't make it technically correct. Technically the 'body' includes the head. Technically the brain is an internal organ (the one which makes us individuals). And technically they are conjoined twins, not a one headed baby.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Aug 2009, 06:26
~RedFraggle~
And technically they would STILL be conjoined twins (not a one headed baby) even if they shared all organs below the neck.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Aug 2009, 07:19
melodye
Oh a technically, the term "body" when related to humans, does not include the head or limbs.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Aug 2009, 18:28
~RedFraggle~
OH NOEZ... all those years at med school and I've been taught wrong! The 'human body' does not include a head or brain. Bad bad med school for getting that wrong! :P

Seeing as you know it all, you'd better also inform Henry Gray, the man who wrote the most famous anatomy book ever (Grays Anatomy) that he was mistaken when he included the head and brain in his book 'Anatomy of the Human Body'.

Yes, you're right and Mr Gray is wrong...

Honestly. Lol.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Aug 2009, 18:29
~RedFraggle~
Oops... Dr Gray probably!
0 likes [|reply]
3 Aug 2009, 22:28
melodye
LMAO! I knew you'd try and argue with a dictionary definition. Note #4.

bod⋅y
  /ˈbɒdi/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [bod-ee] Show IPA noun, plural bod⋅ies, verb, bod⋅ied, bod⋅y⋅ing, adjective
Use body in a Sentence
–noun
1. the physical structure and material substance of an animal or plant, living or dead.
2. a corpse; carcass.
3. the trunk or main mass of a thing: the body of a tree.
4. Anatomy, Zoology. the physical structure of a human being or animal, not including the head, limbs, and tail; trunk; torso.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Aug 2009, 07:13
melodye
Yes.

As I've said all along they're obviously conjoined twins. You don't get two headed babies unless they're conjoined twins.

That does not stop them from having one body (Dictionary definition - the trunk or main mass of a thing) with 2 heads on it.

You're starting to repeat yourself now.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Aug 2009, 18:24
~RedFraggle~
Contradicting yourself again. How can something be "A two headed BABY" (singular, as in only ONE person) AND "conjoined TWINS" (pleural, as in TWO people) at the same time!?! It's either one or the other! Something CANNOT be singular and pleural!

I'm repeating myself because talking to you is like talking to a bloody brick wall.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Aug 2009, 22:31
melodye
I need some popcorn for this.

0 likes [|reply]
3 Aug 2009, 22:47
~RedFraggle~
Lol. I knew you wouldn't be able to explain yourself. It's simple, you contradict yourself by referring to something as being singular and pleural, which is impossible. It's one or the other. You don't even understand your own stupid made up definitions. Discussion is over. :)
0 likes [|reply]
3 Aug 2009, 23:02
melodye
LOL ok ok! You win!

Its not a two headed baby and its not a two headed person.

But (according to the dictionary definition that you artfully ignored) it IS a two headed body!

Now the discussion is over.
0 likes [|reply]
1 Aug 2009, 10:53
~RedFraggle~
Oh, and not "a conjoined twin". They are conjoined TWINS. Pleural. "Conjoined twin" would refer to only one of the two heads.
0 likes [|reply]
3 Aug 2009, 22:23
Kate.Monster
What? No picture?
0 likes [|reply]
30 Jul 2009, 06:42
Aiure
If the girl lives, she's certainly going to lead an interesting life. Two headed animals are always fascinating, because even though they share a body, they usually have two distinct personalities, having two brains and all.
0 likes [|reply]
31 Jul 2009, 04:51
Makayla
I think that if the baby can be saved then she should be. Really it's more up to the parents of the child what measures they would be comfortable taking to save the baby's life. I think they should take in consideration what kind of life she would be able to live if she did survive, and if she was going to suffer, etc. There are a lot of things to take into consideration here. Me, as a parent, would not want to see my child suffer if she wasn't going to live a fullfilled life then I would want her to go back into the hands of God. IF she could be saved and live a semi-normal life then I would want to take any means necessary to save my child.
0 likes [|reply]
31 Jul 2009, 08:43
Laurarose
i'd want any child of mine to saved but i'm not sure about how two heads could survive on one body with one set of organs.
0 likes [|reply]
31 Jul 2009, 13:21
Estella
WELL, STRICTLY SPEAKING, REGARDLESS OF THE WORDING OF THE ARTICLE, IT'S NOT A TWO-HEADED PERSON, BUT TWO PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T SEPARATE PROPERLY, SO THEIR BODIES ARE FUSED. TWO HEADS MEANS TWO SEPARATE MINDS, YO. TWO SOULS. IF ONE OF THE HEADS IS DEAD, THEN THAT MEANS THERE IS ONE PERSON CARRYING AROUND A DEAD PERSON ON HER BODY. BUT IF THE TWO HEADS ARE ALIVE, THEN THERE ARE TWO PEOPLE. THE ARTICLE DOES NOT MAKE THIS CLEAR.

BUT OBVIOUSLY THE MORE A PAIR OF COJOINED TWINS HAVE SEPARATED IN THE WOMB, THE BETTER THE CHANCE OF SURVIVAL. SO COJOINED TWINS WHOSE HEAD AND LUNGS HAVE SEPARATED INTO TWO SETS ARE BETTER ABLE TO SURVIVE THAN TWINS WHO ONLY HAVE ONE SET OF HEART AND LUNGS. IN THIS CASE, IT HAS NOT YET BEEN ASCERTAINED TO WHAT EXTENT THESE TWINS SHARE THE SAME ORGANS, SO IT'S ALL DEPENDENT ON THAT, AS THE ARTICLE STATES.
0 likes [|reply]
2 Aug 2009, 03:57
Sypha Belnades
Oh look, I've gazed into my crystal ball, and found an image of the girls sixteen years from now! http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3442/3737546819_dfe7fd661b_o.jpg
0 likes [|reply]
2 Aug 2009, 06:01
melodye
appropriate.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends