- Spiders and webs. I find them hugely fascinating, but I can't stand to touch most of them. When I take pictures of them, I prefer to be as far away as possible. lol
- Hypodermic needles. Spawned of a visit to the dentist, who poked me with one without informing me first. I was watching the ceiling tv, so I was completely unaware of what he was going to do. :/
- Crowds. But only if I'm an unwilling participant. I work at a kiosk in the mall, and I'm frequently surrounded by crowds, but it only bothers me if I have nothing specific to focus on (like serving a customer).
- Small spaces. Also only if I'm an unwilling participant. I don't do well if I have no control over the situation. It REALLY sucks when you combine crowds AND small spaces - such as a full public transit bus, which I frequently come across because I take transit every day...makes me extremely nervous.
- People touching my ears. I had surgery on them 10 years ago (otoplasty - ear pinning), and they've been super sensitive ever since. I've avoided going to a hair stylist for ages because they're always rough on my ears, even when I tell them to be careful! It even took me a few years to let my boyfriend touch them on a regular basis without me freaking out.
- When I went camping as a kid, I could never go to the outhouse alone, because I was terrified that I'd fall in. I grew out of that, but my family still jokes about it whenever they get the chance.
Great white sharks. No other types scare me. Just the Great white sharks.
I have nightmares about getting attacked/eaten by one all the time.
I can't go in deep/dark water or I get terrified that I will be attacked by a shark. I even get scared in pools. :P There aren't even any sharks here and I haven't ever seen one except for on tv. I read Jaws when I was younger and that's what started it.
Our house is about 65 years old, and wooden (unusual in England; they were sent over from Sweden after WW2, probably flat-packed ;D). It was originally semi-detached. When our neighbours died, our new neighbours bought it and knocked it down, making ours detached. Our old neighbours had been in their 80s and weren't exactly... clean in their old age. When they knocked the house down, all their cockroaches came migrating under the floorboards into our house. It took us about 2 years to finally kill them all, because roaches are tough little buggers. But I hate the way they move so fast.
No explanation needed... just don't like them!
To me, clowns are like sexual predators. I have this fear that they just want to kidnap you and rape you. Nice, I know!
More specifically, if people rub balloons to make them squeak, or shove one in my face and threaten to pop it. I HATE balloons popping.
Oh yes, I used to work in a hospital (which shall remain nameless, but lets just say it's a major centre in one of the UK's biggest cities) which was full of cockroaches. Used to totally freak me out when I'd encounter them in the corridors at night on my way to the wards. One day one actually ran over the foot of one of the receptionists! Eek.