Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Page:  1  2 
Motherhood and Compassion (if you hate mommy dia
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jul 2009, 14:38
Estella
THERE IS TOTALLY WOODY WOODPECKER, YO! AND WOODY ON CHEERS! AMERICAN WOODIES ABOUND!
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jul 2009, 14:47
starsmaycollide
LOL. yes, and Woody on Toy Story. Sorry!
I guess I just meant I don't know of any besides Allen who are real people currently walking around. I apologize! :-P
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jul 2009, 16:57
Estella
GOSH, IS WOODY WOODPECKER NOT A REAL PERSON WALKING AROUND?? OH NOZ! THE PUCK IS TOTALLY DISILLUSIONED, YO!
0 likes [|reply]
8 Jul 2009, 00:27
Chèvre noble
Woody Harrelson!!
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jul 2009, 14:51
.November.Butterfly.
LOL my brother is called woody. short for edward! though he prefers ed nowadays!
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jul 2009, 15:28
& skull.
not that i'm a mum, but i think mum's shouldn't beat themselves up about not feeling a bond straight away. i can totally see it being difficult to bond with a screaming pink thing that excretes bodily fluid from every orifice at once all over you. even some animals don't bond with their young, they can even abandon their young! so much for instinct there!

i enjoyed that oprah show. it sort of makes me breathe a sigh of relief that i might not be a terrible person/mother if i ever have a kid. i can totally see myself doing everything those mums described.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jul 2009, 15:50
Mami 2 ♥ 1
you are right i felt a lil relieved that i wasnt the only one cuz no one talks about it because they are ashamed.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jul 2009, 17:58
Dreamer ♥
I know a bear called Woody at my local Theme Park!

http://www.pleasurewoodhills.com/s25/Park-Information.html

Copy and paste the link to see a piccie of him! lol!

I felt ashamed I didn't want Oscar at first. It was a huge step for me having a child as I had always said I would never have children! So having Oscar was a big issue for me. After my section, Chris showed him to me and asked if I wanted to hold him, I said no take him away. I just wanted to sleep! lol! I had been in labour for 36 hours altough I was all pain relief going lol!
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jul 2009, 21:57
Lady Lazarus
So, come on girls, lets fess up... after reading about the mum going to the toilet in a diaper, I wanna hear about the crazy-mum things we've all done!?

I am only just beginning to flush the chain on the toilet if Ben is asleep. For the last 20 months the general rule has been that if he's sleeping, you can't flush the toilet! All number 2's are generally saved for day time in this house! Lol. For some reason in the early days I developed a panic response to him waking up during the night and it's sort of still stuck with me, to the point that I get upset if I don't think he's eaten enough during the day and am scared he'll wake up in the night hungry... or if he doesn't poop during the day, then I panic that he'll poop during the night and wake up.. it's totally irrational and I'm not as bad as I used to be... at least I can laugh at myself now! I was so scared of making noise around Ben and waking him up that he is now scared of the hoover (because he never heard it as a baby lol). Needless to say baby number 2 will not have the same luxuries as Ben when it comes to peace and quiet... hopefully I'll be less nervous second time around.

Anyone else got any confessions to make then?
0 likes [|reply]
8 Jul 2009, 02:44
.Blue Bella.
Oh wow! That would never go over here!!! Alexis is still very very young, but we want her to sleep through things! We don't turn the tv down for her, we don't stop playing music in the car and house, my other half plays guitar here with her asleep in the bassinet right next to him... and she doesn't even budge when I hoover under her bassinet when she's sleeping in it! Expose them to noise as soon as you can!!! They sleep so much better for it!
0 likes [|reply]
8 Jul 2009, 13:29
Mami 2 ♥ 1
i agree i leave the TV and radio on when lil one is sleeping. I dont vaccum when he is sleeping though.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Jul 2009, 19:05
ThatDarnMiranda
I completely agree with you. I was that way with my son when he was an infant. Now, he's 3 and can sleep through anything!
0 likes [|reply]
8 Jul 2009, 19:09
.November.Butterfly.
i peed myself two or three times in hospital after having her... my pelvic floor had seem to have vanished!!! it took me to the second time to actually realise what was happening LMAO. I was really embarrassed and spoke to the midwife about it and then of course they put it in my notes for people for the next three weeks to read!!!
thankfully it improved slowly and is more or less normal again now!!
0 likes [|reply]
8 Jul 2009, 11:38
Dreamer ♥
oh yes Genes! Definately as much noise as possible! We have always done that and it paid off when we had huge storms last year! Oscar slept right through them and I didn't lol!
0 likes [|reply]
8 Jul 2009, 14:53
.erica.
Marissa sleeps through anything! I am so thankful for that. The vacuum actually puts her to sleep. On the 4th, she was sleeping at a family members house on their bed with the windows wide open and someone started a motorcycle right outside the window, reved it and all. She didn't budge.
0 likes [|reply]
8 Jul 2009, 22:16
prettylittlekitty
Lol. When my son wakes up in the morning he has an erection. He's fasincated by it lol. I think it's weird. One day we got home from the pool and I went to take off his swim trunks... his penis was all the way in! You could only see a part of the tip. It freaked me out. I told him to pull it out. I didn't know why it did that. I told my fiancee about it and he said that it was probably cold. lol. I've never seen that before and it worried me.

Being a mom makes you learn many new things. My son is 6 and I am still learning every day. I will be doing this all over again when this baby is born.
0 likes [|reply]
9 Jul 2009, 07:50
& skull.
ok is it weird that as a female i know quite a bit about what an appendage that doesn't belong to me does? i guess i grew up around some pretty open blokes haha.
0 likes [|reply]
9 Jul 2009, 08:09
Mami 2 ♥ 1
hahahahahahaha i dont think its weird i think it makes you educated about human anatomy. lol but it was a funny statement.
0 likes [|reply]
9 Jul 2009, 08:15
& skull.
well i at least won't be in for any surprises if i have a little boy ;D
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jul 2009, 01:50
.Marissa.
eee all this is making me nervous lol
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jul 2009, 03:48
Mamas☮Memoirs
im so glad i have girls now that I heard about the woodie situation with little boys. I guess it is possible, just never gave it any thought. lol. I love being a mom though. No one told me what it was like to be a mom. a young one at that. I grew up quick. I look at people my age and feel so much older than all of them! I have changed so much! but, for the better! also I love the bond I got from breastfeeding both my daughters. My first I lasted 12 months with and my second daughter, well we just finished breastfeeding and we lasted 15 months. Being a great mother and breastfeeding my daughters for so long is defintly one of my best accomplishments of my life!
0 likes [|reply]
11 Jul 2009, 14:58
Lunar Sea
My nervousness about potentially having children in the future was increased exponentially by reading 'We Need To Talk About Kevin'.

Don't do it, girls.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Jul 2009, 20:18
xoxo♥
This is why I will never have kids. I don't want any part of that lol
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends