Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » Techie Talk
Page:  1  2 
MAC USERS!
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jul 2009, 02:29
Betch.
Mac's, are, the freakin, bomb. Srsly. My best friend has one, just an older regular 13" white macbook, and i am in freaking love with it. I have a 17 inch HP, that is brand spanking new and every time i turn it on i want to throw it against the wall. The stupid thing freezes all the damn time and i'd get it fixed but i'd rather just save up for a Mac LOL. Windows vista is such a piece of sh*t it's not even funny in comparison to macbooks. If your going to any form of art school, seriously, DONT EVEN BOTHER with regular PC's!!!!! Macs are amazing, its virtually impossible to catch any viruses, they run really quickly, the only grievance you will have AT ALL is that a laptop is like 1400 dollars. The minute you use it, you will totally understand why macs are 1000+ and Pc's are 900- dollars. No joke. Macs are super thin, too, so there you go!
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jul 2009, 03:01
Suzy
I've had my Macbook Pro (highly recommended) for about a year and a half now, and I love it. I'm never going back to a pc.

I've had 2 pcs before and both died.

It also depends on what you need it for... Macs are good for some things that PCs aren't good for and vice versa.

If you get a mac... get iWorks.. it's cheaper than MS Word and you can convert the files to a word or any ms office program file.

I'm saving up for an iMac this Christmas :)
0 likes [|reply]
3 Jul 2009, 21:22
.love.struck.
I'm not a Mac fan. Growing up, I encountered using PC's and Macs and I hated Macs. Back then Macs were not user friendly and they were so complicated. I heard they are easier to use now, but I am a PC person myself. I can never go to the other side. Everything about Mac is just so backwards for me. Mac has never heard of drag and drop! I used itunes for a free ipod I got and OMG, the most annoying program ever! You cannot drag and drop! I'm a PC person I guess.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Jul 2009, 19:00
seasongster
mac has never heard of drag and drop? what? when's the last time you used one? damn near everything is drag and drop, including disc burning (which is a hell of a lot simpler than on pc).
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jul 2009, 08:47
i`m his lil bearrr.
I was a PC person for most of my life. My dad had computers in the house from the time I was about 3 (I'm 21 now), and I started out on Windows 3.1 all the way up to Windows XP. I'm avoiding Vista at all costs. I never thought that I would switch to a Mac, but I did, and I will never go back (unless by some weird stroke of fate/voodoo Steve Jobs goes to work for Microsoft, lmao).

Growing up, we had a different PC every few years. Our Dell desktop has lasted pretty well, but that's because my father is an Anti-Virus Program Nazi (he's always asking me if I've updated my virus protection recently), and has taken to replacing things himself when they go wonky. When my sister graduated high school, she got a Dell desktop, and by about year 3 it was having issues. So when she graduated college and I graduated high school, my dad bought us matching HP laptops. Hers lasted less than a year. Mine lasted two, but within that span of two years, I had to re-install the OS and drivers numerous times, and lost SO much data. I am attached to my computer in an almost unhealthy way, and I cry hardcore when I lose data. lol. (I really need to get better about backing up my files....)

Finally, my laptop's cord stopped staying in the power slot. I started talking to my parents about getting a laptop to replace my HP. I started researching the different brands, and I know quite a few people (whose intelligence I have great respect for) that swear by Macs. I realized that you actually do see people walking around with MacBooks that are 4+ years old, and they still run! I mean, my aunt has a super old Mac (the kind I used to have in my 1st grade classroom, and I played Reader Rabbit and Putt Putt on!) and it still runs! She even runs the internet on it! I'm a college student, I don't have the money to be replacing a laptop every few years, I needed something that would last.

I love the sleekness of the design. My HP was so bulky that it was a laptop but it was far from portable. I take my MacBook wherever I want! It's small enough and lightweight enough, that even if something smaller comes out, I won't be tempted. I also love the programs that come installed on it, none of the stupid demo crap like PCs have, just Mac programs that rock. Most viruses don't target Macs because they require the user's password before installing any new software. I got the new aluminum unibody, and I must say the glass trackpad is AMAZING. It has spoiled me so badly, that I can't stand using any other laptops! It's so nice to be able to click anywhere! And it uses the iTouch technology, so you can use a two finger click to right-click. =)

I'm a Mac addict. lol. I swore I'd never get an iPhone, but now it's at the top of my shopping list. lmao.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jul 2009, 08:48
i`m his lil bearrr.
ahhh, sorry for the essay.
0 likes [|reply]
5 Jul 2009, 03:15
Lauren.
Your essay made me crave a Mac! HORRIBLE! xD I've always had gateways, and I LOVE my Gateway that I have right now, but the next time I get a laptop, I'm fairly sure it'll be a Mac. My husbands best friend is a HUGE electronics junkie. I think he's had 3 different laptops in the 4 years I've known him, lol, and his newest is a Mac and I adore it. WANT WANT WANT.
0 likes [|reply]
4 Jul 2009, 15:47
Azkabound
Alas, I'm not cool enough for a Mac. ;)

I've done fine with a PC since I've started. I can do Photoshop. I can do other media as well. I'm not bitching about how much my laptop weighs because I am a student and any additional weight in my bag goes fairly unnoticed compared to books. Ah well. :P
0 likes [|reply]
5 Jul 2009, 03:29
Kelsey Lynn xox
i've encountered both PC's and mac's, but i haven't compared the two side by side. Well, that may be because the only mac i've encountered was through my school, and they freeze ALL THE TIME. but, this thread has gotten me interested because college is only a year away and i should start looking soon if i want to do the research, because i'm lame and have to research every electronic thing thoroughly before i buy it. :]
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends