Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Michael Jackson rushed to the hospital in cardia
0 likes [|reply]
25 Jun 2009, 21:10
Mami 2 ♥ 1
I am currently watching the news and they just did a breaking story. Micheal Jackson has been rushed to the hospital for cardiac arrest and paramedics were preforming CPR on the way to the hospital.

This will be a sad day in hollywood if we lose another star today. Yes I know that Michael Jackson has his issues but he is the king of pop and a father. He has had a great influence on our country's music industry. I hope he is going to be okay.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Jun 2009, 21:27
ೋMindy☆
UPDATE: The 911 call came in at 12:21PM at his Holmby Hills home in L.A.

UPDATE: A Jackson family member tells TMZ Michael is in "really bad shape" and the brothers are headed to UCLA.

UPDATE: We just got off the phone with Joe Jackson, Michael's dad, who says "he is not doing well."
0 likes [|reply]
27 Jun 2009, 01:53
♥ Monique
He was dead with the paramedics got to his house.. he wasn't breathing and had no pulse, how could he be in "really bad shape" and "not doing well" - they knew at that point that he was gone.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Jun 2009, 01:55
Chris
Well if a person is discovered not breathing, you can't assume they're dead. They can still be revived. He was pronounced dead at the hospital when there was nothing more they could do to revive him.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Jun 2009, 02:03
♥ Monique
I'm from a family of EMT's and Paramedic's.. I'm not a stranger to how it all works. Usually when someone comes across someone who isn't breathing you don't just happen to walk in the moment it happens. Usually they'll "breathe" for them and try to keep them "alive" per say until the family can say goodbye then that's it.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Jun 2009, 02:10
Chris
Well consider how the media works. They FOUND Chris Benoit dead. They FOUND David Carradine dead. They FOUND Heath Ledger dead.

They tried to revive Michael Jackson and couldn't so he was pronounced dead. They probably had some sort of response from him before he died. We don't know all of the details yet.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Jun 2009, 12:31
♥ Monique
There are guidelines to meet that you DON'T start CPR and advanced life support.. if they are decapatated, if they have a gunshot to the head, if rigger has set in, etc they don't start any sort of life saving measures. Rigger sets in 2-3hrs after death, so he may not have met the criteria for them to NOT do anything.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jun 2009, 17:27
~RedFraggle~
Well, obviously you wouldn't try and resusciate someone who was decapitated or had a bullet through the brain! Lol.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jun 2009, 17:32
♥ Monique
You'd be suprised.. certian states actually had to pass "guidelines" for not starting life saving measures and for starting them. Where we're from there was someone who attempted suicide and was unsucessful however going based on the guidelines life saving measures shouldn't have been started. He didn't point the gun "properly" per say and pretty much took the front of his face off. There are some cases that gunshot wounds to the head being means to NOT start CPR and what not are iffy.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jun 2009, 18:06
~RedFraggle~
I didn't say a bullet to the head, I said through the brain (yes, it may be appropriate to start CPR if someone has taken a bullet to their face, side on, and you don't believe it to have gone through the brain).

And I live in the UK. I've never seen a gun shunt wound of any kind as they're rare here. Still, I think our paramedics would have enough sense not to start CPR if someone had clearly taken a bullet to the brain!
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jun 2009, 18:16
♥ Monique
It's the US - they're not to bright here all of the time.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jun 2009, 17:26
~RedFraggle~
They tried to resuscitate him because his collapse was witnessed by his personal doctors, and CPR started immediately (from what I've read anyway).
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jun 2009, 17:26
~RedFraggle~
That's not true. Yes, the majority of resuscitation attempts are unsuccessful, but I've seen successful ones where people have survived with normal brain function, particularly if they were young.

And from what I've read, his collapse was witnessed by his personal physicians, and CPR started immediately.
0 likes [|reply]
27 Jun 2009, 04:32
ೋMindy☆
His Dad didnt know at that point that his son had passed away
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jun 2009, 17:23
~RedFraggle~
Time of death is the time when resuscitation stops. Clinically he probably was dead, but legally we wasn't. But we don't know the circumstances, and they were right to attempt resuscitation. For all we know, there was a possibility that the resuscitation could have been successful, particularly if it was started immediately by his own doctors.
0 likes [|reply]
28 Jun 2009, 17:29
♥ Monique
If you follow the news with all of this the family is requesting an additional autopsy because they beleive the doctor administering demoral had to do with his death. The entire situation is just very.. off.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Jun 2009, 22:26
Mami 2 ♥ 1
The LA times have reported his death.
0 likes [|reply]
25 Jun 2009, 22:29
*~Loving You~*
me 2 i grew up loving his music hes so great! despite what ppl say or hear
0 likes [|reply]
26 Jun 2009, 00:33
Mami 2 ♥ 1
0 likes [|reply]
26 Jun 2009, 10:39
Jessica [Private]
I never heard cardiac arrest. TMZ was like the first website to say he was dead, like hours before everyone else. (about 3pm my time. Which was 1pm, or a half hour or so after 911 got called.)
After that I started hearing "coma", "just ill", etc.

Everyone at my work just believed he was dead. We figured if he was in a coma, it would unfortunately come soon anyhow :(

RIP MJ
0 likes [|reply]
27 Jun 2009, 01:59
Chris
It was a funny story how I found out about MJ.

I was at Boston Market with my mom's husband after seeing Transformers, and some guy was on the phone talking to his friend and said, "What, Michael Jackson had a heart attack?" So I grabbed the iPhone and checked CNN, Yahoo, and TMZ. He was rushed to the hospital and everything, so I kept refreshing those pages plus the E!Online application he had. We went to Barnes & Noble and these obnoxious (scene) girls were SCREAMING AND LAUGHING about how he was already dead. So when I got back in my car, I was checking the iPhone and he was pronounced dead. THEN we heard it on the radio. THEN I got 14 texts from various people about it. THEN I got a few calls. THEN we heard nothing but Michael Jackson songs on all 5 programmed stations on the radio.

Feels bad, man. :(
0 likes [|reply]
25 Jun 2009, 21:39
.November.Butterfly.
ah shit :( i'll be really sad if he dies :(:(:(
0 likes [|reply]
25 Jun 2009, 21:45
Mami 2 ♥ 1
Michael Jackson is dead. I am in tears. This is according to the 5pm local news says that TMZ just reported to them. The king of pop is dead. OMG!
0 likes [|reply]
25 Jun 2009, 21:48
Transit
according to tmz he isn't dead
0 likes [|reply]
25 Jun 2009, 21:55
.November.Butterfly.
http://www.tmz.com/category/michael-jackson/
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends