Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
Page:  1 
GPS
0 likes [|reply]
16 Jun 2009, 03:51
lady burt
i have been thinking about getting a gps. i hate getting lost and stuff. also i am fairly new to the area up at college. i've been looking at a TomTom or a Garmin online at Walmart.com I don't want to spend a lot of money because i've been trying to save up as much money as i can for when i go back to college. the ones i've found are around $100. i need your opinion about a TomTom or a Garmin. Any experiences with the grands?
0 likes [|reply]
16 Jun 2009, 05:13
.Blue Bella.
My parents have one of each. Dad loves his Tom Tom and hates the Garmin. Mum loves the Garmin and doesn't like the Tom Tom. LOL. I am not much help am I? They're both alright... I have used the Tom Tom and quite liked it... was pretty easy.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Jun 2009, 12:17
Acid Fairy
We have a Tom Tom and whilst I do like it, it is expensive to update and even the free updates don't work half the time.

My dad bought a cheaper sat nav that you can download other systems onto, and he really likes iGO, because it tells you the street names and even has pictures of various landmarks.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Jun 2009, 07:30
trying4miracle#1
My brother tried a TomTom and hated it
I have a Garmin and love it, we also borrowed my brother in laws Garmin prior to getting ours and I absolutely love it.
0 likes [|reply]
17 Jun 2009, 12:01
lady burt
i think i've decided on a garmin :)
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jun 2009, 05:32
trying4miracle#1
good choice hehe i don't remember which one it is we have but i love it. it shows the speed limit on the display when your're on highways
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jun 2009, 13:03
lady burt
now i just need to save up a little more money and get one. XD i think that's neat how it shows you the speed limit and stuff.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Jun 2009, 11:07
Transit
We have a tom tom and we have never had any problems with it, when I was driven back to uni at easter one of my flatmates drove me back, he had a garmin, it was the first time he had used it and the signal kept cutting out, so we just ended up using a map in the end.
0 likes [|reply]
16 Jun 2009, 13:26
lady burt
thank you guys your help :)
0 likes [|reply]
17 Jun 2009, 20:18
~RedFraggle~
I bought a Binaetone for £50 (about $100) on Amazon and it's been pretty good. Except for when I drove to the Isle of Skye and I wanted to go to the road bridge and it decided we were taking the ferry instead, and started taking us in the wrong direction. :P (Thankfully we realised pretty quickly!)
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jun 2009, 13:03
lady burt
lol, that's pretty crazy.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jun 2009, 15:30
theseeker
I have a garmin and i think its great. i love that it will tell you places to eat and get gas nearby.
0 likes [|reply]
18 Jun 2009, 15:40
lady burt
i think i'm liking the garmin more and more. now i really want to get one
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends