Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » In The News
Page:  1 
Newborn's mother died from 'homicidal violence'
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jun 2009, 04:23
Wife♥Mommy
A woman whose body was found in the crawl space of an Oregon home -- the mother of a newborn who also died -- died from "homicidal violence," the state's deputy medical examiner said Monday.
Police released a photo of Korena Roberts, who is charged with murder.
An autopsy showed causes of 21-year-old Heather Snively's death included blunt-force trauma and "sharp-force injuries," Dr. Christopher Young said. Sharp-force injuries mean cut or stab wounds. Young said additional information will not be released until test results are received.
Korena Roberts, 28, is charged with murder in Snively's death. She was scheduled to appear in court Monday afternoon.
Medics received a call Friday from Roberts' Washington County, Oregon, home of a newborn in distress, authorities said. When they arrived, they found Roberts' boyfriend trying to revive the baby boy. Roberts told deputies the baby was hers, according to the county sheriff's office.
Roberts and the baby were taken to a hospital after medics noticed a lot of blood at the home, officials said.
"Doctors at the hospital could not revive the baby," said sheriff's Sgt. David Thompson. "They also discovered that Ms. Roberts had not delivered the baby at any time in the recent past."
Deputies returned to the home and found Snively's body in a crawl space beneath the kitchen. Police said she had been pregnant; authorities determined she was the baby's mother.
"At this time, it has not been determined if [Snively] died because of head wounds she received or as a result of cutting injuries she received to her abdomen," said a Monday statement from the Washington County, Oregon, Sheriff's Office. "The autopsy determined that Ms. Snively's son was removed from her womb after she had been cut open."
Additional testing is needed to determine whether the infant died before or after he was removed from Snively's body, the statement said.
Roberts had been telling friends and family for months that she was pregnant, police said, and had told many of those people, including her live-in boyfriend, that she was carrying twins.
Young said an autopsy was completed on the baby, but he would not release information Monday. Authorities said Sunday the outcome of the autopsy could result in another murder charge against Roberts.
Heidi Kidd, Snively's mother, told CNN affiliate KPTV that her daughter met Roberts on Craigslist, a classified ads Web site, and the two were to exchange baby clothes.
Residents in Roberts' neighborhood told KPTV that she had told them she was expecting a child.
"She didn't appear to be pregnant to us," neighbor Doug King told the station.
Police think Roberts may have had contact with numerous pregnant women in the Portland, Oregon, metropolitan area, the statement said, and police ask anyone who has had contact with her, either in person or over the Internet, to call the Washington County Sheriff's Office.
Roberts' boyfriend is cooperating with police, and has not been charged in the case, authorities said.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/08/oregon.pregnancy.murder/index.html
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jun 2009, 05:00
Makayla
I read about this the other day, it really made me want to throw up. I could not imagine the pain that woman and her baby went through. The sick woman that did this should get the death penalty if they allow it in Oregon. If not, she should never see the light of day again. She has 2 other children, and she doesn't deserve them. They are better off without a physchopathic mother.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jun 2009, 06:05
Juniper ♥
I just heard about this earlier today. It's horrible. As an Oregonian I don't even know if we have he death penalty... -I should look into that- but I sorta think for such a horrible crime, she needs to be tortured some before she's killed. And people REALLY need to learn that you don't meet at someones house... you meet up somewhere in public. Hmph. So sad. :(
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jun 2009, 06:07
xoxo♥
sick sick sick. This sounds like a manson murder reminiscent to Sharon Tate's death minus a few details. But wow. So sick.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jun 2009, 08:29
Jessica [Private]
I saw this last night! It popped on my top headlines thing on my google desktop. I was mid sentence talking to Ev too ;D

'Yeah you just -oh my god!' All I read was 'woman cuts baby from womb' or something. Terrible timing for that to pop up!
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jun 2009, 12:33
& skull.
the headline made my jaw drop.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jun 2009, 14:07
queenbutterfly
They need to charge her with two counts of first degree murder. That child should count as a murder victim; especially since he was cut out of his mothers stomach. This is horrible. Why not just go and have someone get you pregnant? And if not, adopt in the future!
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jun 2009, 16:29
Transit
I don't think psycho killers are exactly adoption material.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jun 2009, 20:16
queenbutterfly
haha you're right. I was just trying to think of a more sane way of doing things I suppose.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jun 2009, 14:24
PakistaniDiva06
This is remarkably sad and disturbing. While it's never the victims fault, I wish people would be more cautious. I once watched a special about he woman that are crazy and do this kind of thing. It was so disturbing, and sad.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jun 2009, 15:13
Wife♥Mommy
queenbutterfly- because thats the EASY and logical way to do things. Im sure she could of found some random horny man that would be willing to get her pregnant as long as she didnt go after him for child support.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jun 2009, 20:13
Mary Magdelene
She didn't need some random joe anyway. She has a boyfriend.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jun 2009, 16:14
Laurarose
this reminds me of a film i saw based on a true movie.. i think it was called empty cradle...
a woman [midwife] keeps going around giving c-sections to pregnant women and taking their babies and replacing them with dead babies because she can't have her own children but wants a boy to keep her man who is actually already married....
anyways, it sounds similiar... they wanted this baby.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jun 2009, 17:20
ೋMindy☆
I've seen that movie,except I thought the women delivered vaginally and the nurse gave her narcotics and replaced it with a dead baby and convinced everyone the women had had a stillborn..or maybe I'm thinking of another movie..so sick still.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Jun 2009, 01:30
.xoxo
Yeah that's what she does at first, but the baby is a girl. The guy she wants to keep around wants a boy, so she finds a woman who is pregnant with a boy and doesn't have health insurance. She tells the woman she can deliver the baby for her, but she does a c-section and kills the other woman and steals her baby.
0 likes [|reply]
11 Jun 2009, 17:15
ೋMindy☆
Oh yeah! I remember now..sorry blonde moment lol
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jun 2009, 17:48
Lady Elphaba
This is horribly disturbing :-/
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jun 2009, 18:06
~RedFraggle~
That's just so horrendous.
0 likes [|reply]
10 Jun 2009, 21:16
DecentralizedByGuilt
This should be on world's dumbest criminals.

right after we fry both of them
0 likes [|reply]
11 Jun 2009, 22:26
xoxo Nova.
Sadly, more and more we keep hearing about harm to children. I live in Oregon, and you know? I hear it almost everyday. A newborn drowned in a toilet, a mother pushing her two children off a bridge, a father shooting his two children and himself, and now this? It makes my stomach turn. Idk what it would be, but something has to be done. These children need to be protected. If this is a climbing trend - it needs to be stopped somehow.
This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends