Your Username:
Your Password:

[ sign up | recover ]

Discussion Forums » General Discussion
calling on all the girls (or guys) that likes 2
0 likes [|reply]
9 Jun 2009, 05:14
panda bear.
Yeah yeah yeah I get it. You think i'm an idiot. Are you going to bring something new and exciting to the table or not?

No dear, I don't sit at home and watch my facebook friends. I work to make a living. And when I'm not at work, I choose to stay at home, so I don't spend money. And I think that's a damn good idea. Are you trying to tell me how to live now too? Really? Because I'm sure your life is full of butterflies and daisies. Right. Fucking hell you're stupid
0 likes [|reply]
9 Jun 2009, 05:29
Jessica [Private]
I'm the stupid one?

Where in my last post did I even remotely tell you how to live?
Absolutely nowhere.

Overly defensive bitch is overly defensive ;D
0 likes [|reply]
9 Jun 2009, 05:29
panda bear.
You think you're clever... with your over used memes? You're not.
0 likes [|reply]
9 Jun 2009, 05:33
Jessica [Private]
Witty reply. :)

Run out of bitchy things to say?
0 likes [|reply]
9 Jun 2009, 05:34
panda bear.
never ;)
0 likes [|reply]
9 Jun 2009, 05:38
Jessica [Private]
Obviously you did ;D
0 likes [|reply]
9 Jun 2009, 05:36
& skull.
ruh-roh. memes aren't allowed, but childish baiting is?

FAIL LOGIC IS FAIL.
0 likes [|reply]
6 Jun 2009, 23:02
♥ Bella
I think this thread is getting ridiculous particularly one or two people. I agree that what people do is their own decisions. Did you know if you ride in a car there is a chance you are going to get hit or die in a car accident?! Like for real? I think there is a difference between using in moderation and overdoing it. When you go every day 15-20 minutes a day and start to look like a rawhide then maybe you have a problem. If you are using it 2-3 times a week 7-12 minutes maybe I don't see where it can be that bad. I personally burn beyond belief in the sun if I spend too much time out there to the point of two hours at a baseball game and I have had blisters covering my unhidden body, and this has happened with sunscreen. Nothing protects you completely ever. Everything you do in life has risks associated with it and it is up to you to decide what is right for you and which risks you are willing to take. I tan in a bed because if I tan there first and have a good layer of color going then go out into the sun I seem to be less likely to burn since I am not ghostly white and am also known to get like allergy type rashes. Besides that factor I have a pigment problem in several spots in my skin, I have used mystic tan before and had a professional spray me but I have places where the pigment in my skin does not absorb it. It is a medical thing. It takes color in the bed versus that. Why I don't know, the type of pigmentation probably. But just like beds are not conducive to what you want or your lifestyle, some people may not be able to spend as much time in the sun, some people may not look completely natural ( and spotless not because of mistake but skin patches) when they use a spray.

I say if you already bought the package use it. Don't let people scare you away because they are not telling you something I am sure you have not heard before. Start off with a smaller amount of time to make sure you don't burn and know how your skin is going to react. Always always whether it has SPF 5 or 15 or whatever in it use some kind of tanning lotion, never go without. Just be smart about it like you would anything else in life.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jun 2009, 01:55
*~Loving You~*
Oh boy I'm guessing there's drama being build here?? Ur first line made me wonder I haven't been reading all of other ppl's response on thiers from mine

9 pages jeez lol the other day I checked I had 2 pages or so

I wonder if ppl have addiction 2 the beds lol
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jun 2009, 10:20
~RedFraggle~
Yes, there is such a thing as being addicted to tanning. Obviously it's a psychological addiction, rather than a chemical addiction like smoking. Some people call it 'tanorexia'. Look it up on google.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jun 2009, 10:53
~RedFraggle~
You came here looking for advice, and I'm seriously concerned about some of the advice you are being given. Obviously it is your choice, but please do not listen to the people who say tanning is safe if you only do it 2 - 3 times a week. It is NOT. In fact if you go to the website below you can read about a girl who got skin cancer at the age of just 21 from using a sunbed twice a week.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7989214.stm

As I've already said, even using a sunbed just once can increase your chances of skin cancer. Using a sunbed once a month, can increase your risk of skin cancer by more than half (from Cancer Research UK).

And if you really MUST tan, please at least use SPF 15 sunscreen. SPF 5 provides you with virtually no protection at all (do not believe the people on here who say that using SPF 5 provides you with protection. It doesn't). Dermatologists recommend using a tanning lotion with a minimum of factor 15.

Anyway, there's loads of stuff on the internet on the risks. Look at the skin cancer and dermatology websites. They're the most reliable. Don't believe what you read on here, because some of what is being said is untrue.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jun 2009, 10:19
~RedFraggle~
Using a sunbed 2-3 times a week 7-12 minutes is MORE than enough to cause skin cancer. Using a sunbed even just occassionally can cause skin cancer, and experts recommend that if you MUST insist on using sunbeds you shouldn't use them more than 20 times a year.

And SPF sunscreen offers virtually no protection at all. So if you're going to wear factor 5 you may a well not bother wearing any. Dermatologists recommend wearing a minimum of factor 15 in the sun, and the rays used by sunbeds are up to 10 times stronger than the sun rays!

I hate when people give out innaccurate medical information online. Because some people will be foolish enough to believe what they read, even although your statements are totally incorrect. By telling someone that using a sunbed 2 - 3 times a week is safe, or that SPF 5 will protect them, you are potentially endangering their life. (If they're foolish enough to believe you, rather than the experts)
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jun 2009, 01:26
jodi
i don't think that red fraggle is doing anything wrong, she's not attacking anyone. everything was well put and said nicely. that being said - i agree with her.

also.. if you want to live your life, wouldn't you rather do things to make it last longer? shucks. some people just don't want to live outside the bubble in their head.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jun 2009, 10:23
~RedFraggle~
Thank you. :) I think I've been polite and not gotten angry and aggressive like some other people on here. I absolutely respect that people are entitled to make their own choices, but I personally don't understand why someone would risk their life for a tan, and all I did was express my opinion on that.

It does really concern me though that people are coming on here and telling Amber that tanning is safe, because that is extremely dangerous advice.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jun 2009, 13:09
brooke !
who exactly told her tanning is safe? please correct me if i am wrong, but no one told her tanning is safe. everything i have read on here says there are risks.
0 likes [|reply]
7 Jun 2009, 18:17
~RedFraggle~
You didn't. It was Bella.

you are using it 2-3 times a week 7-12 minutes maybe I don't see where it can be that bad.

That is more than enough to cause skin cancer.

And she and several other people have suggested that using SPF 5 serves as some protection on sunbeds. It doesn't. Dermatologists recommend using a minimum of SPF 15 if you really feel you MUST use a sunbed.
0 likes [|reply]
8 Jun 2009, 11:25
& skull.
aussies use spf 30! 15 is so 90's haha.
0 likes [|reply]
8 Jun 2009, 11:39
~RedFraggle~
Yeah I use 30 too (and 40 if I'm in a hot country, rather than the UK!). Dermatologists say there's little point using anything less than 15 though, so that's an absolute minimum. Yet people wear as low as factor 2 while tanning and think it's protecting them.
0 likes [|reply]
8 Jun 2009, 12:21
& skull.
wtf it goes as low as 2? that wouldn't protect you at all! god it goes to show that there is a huge difference of information depending on where you grow up.
0 likes [|reply]
9 Jun 2009, 00:26
Lauren.
I know, I've always wondered why theres an SPF 2.. like, why wear any at all!?!
0 likes [|reply]
9 Jun 2009, 13:14
lithium layouts.
Aye, SPF 30 is the measure they get in the lab, with no reflection of UV rays off other surfaces (e.g. water), using only UVB (or at least not nearly as much UVA as we're exposed to naturally) and with about 3 times the amount of sunscreen any normal person would actually put on. xD
0 likes [|reply]
9 Jun 2009, 13:15
lithium layouts.
Well not just SPF 30. Whatever SPF measure they get is the one they obtain in the lab. Not in the real world. xD
0 likes [|reply]
8 Jun 2009, 11:32
.Blue Bella.
SPF 15 is crap! Might as well just use white paint! I don't have anything less than SPF 30, and never will!
0 likes [|reply]
8 Jun 2009, 11:40
~RedFraggle~
Me too. See my comment to Ev above.

0 likes [|reply]
7 Jun 2009, 04:51
RealLifeComics
I think it's a silly thing to do that genetally looks ugly anyways. Just be aware of the risks, because from what I've seen, some people see it as a necessity and do it frequently. You CAN get cancer from it, just like many other things. Up to you how often you want to do it. Chillax you queens!

This thread is locked, unable to reply
Online Friends
Offline Friends